Day 5

King of the Nerds

Baekhyun and the guards, including Chen, has just arrived in the palace. Baekhyun has not uttered a word ever since he found out that Chen was hired by his hyung as his personal guard. Who would have thought that this troll man actually has the capacity to protect him. He never thought about it. He woke up from this trance when he heard his mother's voice. 

The woman hugged her so tightly. He hugged him back. If it was not for Chen, he would have not been able to hug his mother again.

"Gwenchana? Are you hurt somewhere?" His mother then inspected ever side of his body. He smiled genuinely.

"I'm okay, omma."

"Aisht. I told you you shouldn't have left home. You should have not hidden who you truly are. "

"Omma, we' ve talked about this already."

"Have this situation not change your mind?" His father spoke.

"Appa, is it not enough that hyung already hired people to spy on me? He even hired someone to pretend to be my friend."

Chen was taken abacc but he knew this was not the time to talk to him. 

"Baekhyun!" His oldest brother, Luhan said and ran towards him. "Gwenchana?" 

"I'm fine, hyung. You might have paid the guard a lot of money just to protect me."

"Yah, don't talk to Luhan- hyung like that." Kris, his other brother said.

"C'mon Kris hyung, he hired someone to pretend as my friend!"

"Is it wrong to do that to make sure you are safe?! We told you many times to live in this same house to make sure you are safe! But you don't listen to us! Do you think any one of us wanted this?!"

"Calm down, hyung." It was Lay who stopped Kris this time. He just arrived from a meeting. He had to cancel everything when he heard that something happened in Baekhyun's  school.

Just then, Tao, their youngest brother arrived. He was escorted by guards as well. He was fetched from his own school when they heard about what happened.

"Baekhyun hyung! Are you alright?" Heimmediately asked.

"I think this is not the best time to talk about what happened. Let's have Baekhyun rest first. What he went through was something we never forsee to happen this early. Everyone needs to rest. " Lay said.

"You have to stay here until we can make sure everything is safe again, Baek. We can't let you live in your pad when this just happened. I hope you understand why we're doing this." Lay continued.

"Chen, please Baekhyun to his room. " Luhan said. 

xxxxxxxx

Baekhyun and Chen were walking the hallways goig to Baekhyun's room. Both of them were silent as they were walking. Baekhyun wanted to stay silent until he reaches his room but then Chen spoke.

"If you are thinking about Dara, she's safe. We made sure she,her cousin and best friend are safe."

"How much did my hyung paid you?" 

Both of them stopped walking. Baekhyun faced Chen. The latters expression was neutral.

"Tell me, was it fun pretending to be my friend?"
Chen stayed silent.

"Tch..you might have been laughing all this time. You've seen how worst my life is."
Baekhyun opened the door of his room.

"Pretending to be your friend was not my job. I was paid to protect you. But I thought you needed more than protection so I made myself get close to you because  I thought you needed a friend. But, if you think after this, I can no longer be your friend, I would totally understand that. But you can't stop me from doing my job as your keeper.Good night, Baekhyun-ssi." Chen then turned around and left Baekhyun.

xxxxxxxx

"So you woke up this early just to ask me who Kim Jongdae is?" Luhan said to Baekhyun as he was in the library checking on his files.

"Why did you hire someone as young as me to protect me? What if I died there because he wasn't that good protecting me?!" 
Luhan placed the papers down the table and looked at his brother. 

"Did you die? You're stil alive right?"

"Hyung, just answer my question."

"Kim Jongdae is the son of Dad's personal body guard, Kim Jonghoon. I'm sure you remember him because when dad was still trained with how to run his life as a royal, Namchon Jonghoon was already there for him. When we were born, we grew up knowing him as well. But then, he and his wife were killed because of us. Chen, his only son, was the only survivor. Chen was only 15 that time. He knew his parents died protecting our family but he never took it against us. He even asked dad to let him go throguh the same training as his father and protect us. He told dad that if his parents were willing to die for us then he should do the same thing. Dad actually sent him to the best school. When we were enjoying our school days, he was in a different school abroad but is also doing training to protect us. He graduated as one of the best. He is skilled in everything, weapons, fist battles, name it, he can do it. I asked him a favor to follow you around. But I got shocked when I received a report that he has showed himself to you. He told me that, you didn't actually needed a guard, he said you needed a friend. He even told me to stop paying him because he does not need to paid to become close to you. To him, you were a brother, someone he is willing to die for."

After hearing that, Baekhyun was silent the whole time. 

All his life, he was only with his brother and never had the chance to be close with other people. Among him and his brothers, he can say he was the one who was hard to bet close to because he was too careful. But, Chen broke all the walls he built. He actually gained another brother but he misjudged him. 

"Wae? Whhy are you silent all of a sudden?"

"Nothing,hyung. I just want to know."

Luhan continued to go through his paper works but did not stop talking.

"Jongdae is a good person. He is a good influence to you and not to mention, we will know you are safe when you are with him. He is part of the family, Baekhyun. We're the only ones he's got."

xxxxxxxx

It has been three days since the incident in the University. Baekhyun stayed at home as instructed by his family. Classess were suspended as well since the investigation is still on-going.

Baekhyun is now inside room lying on his back. He was facing the ceiling. 

All he could do at home was to eat, watch TV, read books, swim,sleep and them back to eating. He has never been this bored. 

"Aisht! This is really getting boring!!!!"

Then, he heard the door to his room open. He did not bother check who it was as he is already used to the person who is assigned to keep an eye on him.

Chen jumped on Baekhyun's bed as if it was his. Baekhyun rolled his eyes. 

Baekhyun never opened talked bad to Chen after talking to Luhan. He felt awkward thougvh but sometimes he forgets about everything that happened. Chen is a cool guy and did not mind anything at all.

"Bored with your life, young prince?" Chen mocked.

"Shut up and don't call me that."

"Kekeke. That's the truth. You're a prince. I mean, your dad is the king so thagt makes you and your borthers princes,right?"

"Whatever."

Chen just laughed and grabbed his phone. Baekhyun continued to slack.

"Oh! What is this? Who is she talking about?" Chen said out loud.

"What's wrong? Who's that?"

"Dara posted something on Instagram."

"Insta-what?"

"Aisht. Do you live in a rock?!Check this out."

Chen then let Baekhyun see the picture Dara just posted. 

It was a picture of her by the pool looking afar. Her caption was "How are you doing? Are you okay? I miss you."

"I think she's talking about you, man." Chen said.

"What? Are you serious?"

"Who else do you think?! PAbo. I already told you, this girl has hots for you! Why don't you send her a DM?"

"DM?"

"Pabo-yah!" Chen slapped Baekhyun's head "Direct message! Send her a message, Flinstone!"

"How would I do that?!"

"Do it on Instagram!!!"

"I don't have instagram!"

"How stupid can you get? Creat one, pabo!"

Chen spent the rest of the afternoon just teaching Baekhyun how to create Instagram,Facebook and Twitter.  

"Yah, add me on Facebook and follow me on Twitter and Instagram." Chen uttered.

"Why would I? I'll add you on Facebook but won't follow you on the others."

"You ungrateful kid!"

"Mehrong!"

xxxxxxxx

Baekhyun has been spending all his time online ever since Chen taught him about social media. But of course he only added and followed people he really know and some artists he admires. But almost all the time, he was stalking Dara's timeline. 

He was having a battle with himslef if he should send her a message. He misses her. He wanted to know how she was doing.

He opened the chatbox on Facebook and gathered his strength. He typed his message and looked at his screen for a while. He was having doubts if he should send it or not. Accidentally, he pressed the send button. He stood up and his eyes went wide.

"BOOOYAHH!!! OTTOKE?!"  He shouted. Right now, he can only stare at the message that says, " Hi, Dara. How have you been? I hope you're doing fine. ^___^v"

xxxxxxxx

It was today that the Bombing in Roxas,Davao City happened. It was devastating and I can't help but cry. seeing dead bodies and injured people. Much more those family members who are now suffering from losing their loved ones.

I am from the Philippines. I work in Davao and I am staying at Roxas, just a few meters away from where the bombing was. But it was a good thing I am not in Davao as of the moment. I went home to my small town but still my heart is aching. 

Davao is such a safe place. Seriously safe. But after the bombing, eveything changed. And there are a few people whi even had the guts to make a joke out of it. 

I mean, how could they do this to their own countrymen? Just imagine, it happened to Davao where security has always been high, it can happened anywhere. 

I am requesting you to please include us in your prayers and pray for our country and for our president and of course for the people who continuously fight for us to have peace.

Anyway,This has been stuck in my laptop for weeks and I thought of finishing it.

Stay safe,guys. :)

lav yah all.