Day 12

King of the Nerds

"Yah! It's been three days and you're still not here!What are you planning?! Why aren't you telling me anything!?" Chen whined on the other line. For sure he's munching something he found from my fridge.

I sighed and lied down on my bed. " I can't just to back to school without a plan, Chen. And stop pretending like you don't know what's happening here. I know you have eyes and ears."

I heard his laughter on the other line. "How is she?"

"She's doing normal stuff. Nothing new. School's also normal. But she seems sad these days. Have you called her? Or even sent her a message?"

"Aniyo. I haven't. I don't know what to tell her once she asks questions."

I heard Chen sigh again. "Can you just send her even a message? I can't bear see her like this."

"I'll think about it." 

---------

Baekhyun decided to go to the garden to think things through. He was sitting peacefully on the swing when he noticed that someone took a seat on the other swing. 

"What are you doing here, hyung?" He asked Kris.

The older just snickered. "You okay? You wanna talk about it?"

Baekhyun did not respond and looked afar.

"Luhan hyung was supposed to marry Dilraba eonnie. Remember her? She was the one he met in China."

Baekhyun looked at Kris. "Why did she not marry her? Are they still together?"

"She was killed, Baekhyun. She and her unborn child were. Someone found out that she was Luhan hyung's fiancee and killed her in their apartment. It's been 2 years since that happened but Luhan hyung is still blaming himself for what happened. I know your situation is different from him but don't be mad at him for caring. He doesn't want you to go through what he had gone through.He lost his fiancee and their child. He's a walking dead person, Baekhyun. So don't blame him for being oveprotective to all of us."

"I didn't know, hyung."

"I know that's why I'm telling this to you now. Tao still doesn't know. Luhan hyung also does not know that some of us knew about what happened. And for what it's worth, if you really love Sandara, take care of her. Keeping your identity hidden won't help. Revealing who you are wouldn't also guarantee her safety either so decide what you want to do, Baekhyun. Decide what you want to do before anything bad happens.

-------------

"Can I talk to you, hyung?" Baekhyun went inside the library where he found Lay doing some office works.

The older smiled and asked him to take a sit.

"So, what does my dongsaeng want to talk about?" Lay asked Baekhyun.

"Have you...I mean... Have you ever found someone you want to.. I mean..aisht"

Lay laughed."What are you tryng to say?"

"Have you ever fallen in love before?"

Lay paused."Well, it's normal, I guess."

"But why are you single?"

Lay laughed again,"I chose to be alone because I'm not strong enough to lose someone I love, Baekhyun."

"If I..If I choose to love someone, does that make me selfish for choosing to love someone knowing I she might be in danger?"

Lay smiled. "Loving someone is never selfish, Baekhyun. Wanting to be with the someone you love is never selfish and wrong. When you love someone, you will do everything to keep that person safe."

"But what if you can't keep her safe even when you've done everything?"

"Then, it's not your fault still. When you've done your part, there is no one to blame. Destiny has its ways, Baekhyun. You cannot prevent something to happen."

Baekhyun paused before asking again. "Where is she right now, hyung? The person that you love. Have you had the chance to tell her your feelings?"

Lay gave him a small smile. "Everyday that we are together, I show her my true feelings. She told me she's in love with me but I didn't have enough courage to accept her feelings back then. We were just in college that time."

"But you still have time, hyung. You can look for her now and tell her what you feel."

Lay snickered. "Thanks for the encouragement, Baekhyun but I don't want to ruin a family. She's already married and has a child."

"Hyung..."

"It's okay. I'm okay. Nothing will change. I will always love her and I will always look after her. Love does not end when you don't see each other or when you don't end up together. Love is a constant feeling, Baekhyun. There is no way to stop yourself from feeling that."

---------

Annyeong! Let's keep ourselves safe! :)