Day 9

King of the Nerds

 

 

 

Chen texted Baekhyun that he’ll take care of Dara’s brothers knowing how he wanted to be with her alone and how.

Many things he wanted to do today. He was up all night planning where to take her. Chen found out, as always, and promised he’d hell him out.

Baekhyun,while holding Dara’s hands, dragged her outside the park. They stopped at the parking lot,both trying to catch their breaths.

“Why did we go out? I thought we’re staging at the park?” She asked him.

He gave her his sweetest smile. “ I’m going to take you somewhere special. Don’t worry about your brothers. Chen will take care of them.”

“Oh-kay...Where are we going and isn’t your car parked somewhere over there?” Dara said and pointed to the opposite direction.  

"We’re not going to usd the car. Chen will need if to drive your brothers home.”

“So, are we riding a bus or a taxi?”

“Ani.” Baekhyun turned for a while then handed Dara her helmet.

“We’re riding a bike?Are you seriously trying to kill me?!”

xxxxxxxx

(play Closer by The Chainsmokers.lol .just got too attached with the song.hahaha)

Dara can still hear Baekhyun’s exact words playing in her mind. They were now riding the bike and touring Seoul.

Earlier..

“Calm down. I know how to drive so don’t worry.I wanted to take you to the its beautiful spots in the city. I can’t just take you abroad. Well, at least, not now, so I hope Seoul’s okay with you.”

Dara appreciated all the simple things Baekhyun has done for her. If only Baekhyun knows that he need not take her somewhere else just to make her happy. Being beside him, for her, is the best place she would always want to be.

“Yah.” Baekhyun called her attention.

Dara woke up from her trance.

“Did the wind blew your mind away or you just want to hug me that’s why you’re not listening?” He teased.

“Aisht. Where are we?”

“You haven’t been here before?”

“mmm”

Baekhyun grinned. “That’s good to know then. Kaja.”

Baekhyun grabbed her hand as they walked to the building. They took the elevator and Dara saw how Baekhyun pressed the 8th floor.

“I spent almost all night trying to figure out where I should take you. It’s a good thing you haven't been here. That means you’ll still be surprised.”

“I think I know which street we are in but I don’t know where we are. I mean I don’t go out often.”

“That’s good. It’s my first time being here,too."

The elevator dinged and that was the signal that they had to step out. Baekhyun was still holding her hand but Dara let go the moment she saw the place.

It was breath-taking. She finally read the sign that says where they are, “Sky Rose Garden”. She took her time admiring the beautiful flowers surrounding the place. There were several tables where people could sit and the view was outstanding. She can see Seoul and its beauty.

“I should conclude that you like it here.”

“This is so beautiful.” Dara said still admiring the place. “But, how come there’s no other people here? This should have been one of the busiest place,should it?” She continued and looked at Baekhyun in question.

“Well,about that…” Baekhyun smirkedd shyly and rubbed his nape.

“I kinda reserved the place for us today.”

“MWO?!”

“I just thought that you deserve to see this without any distraction so I decided to do it.”

“You didn’t really have to.”

“But it’s what I want because it’s what you deserve.” Dara looked away for Baekhyun not to see her cheeks burn.

Baekhyun bit his lower lips and chuckled a bit. He cleared his throat and held her hand that caught her attention again. “Kaja. Let’s sit down.”

Dara let Baekhyun lead her the way. He was someone very unpredictable. She doesn’t know what he is thinking right now and just decided to follow him.

Baekhyun and Dara sat on one table at the center where they can see all of Seoul from everywhere they turn.

 It was a good thing the weather isn’t that hot today. Then, one waiter brought them ice cream and other desserts. After the waiter left, Both enjoyed the food.

“How did you know I like sweets?” She asked him.

“I didn’t. I like them a lot.”

“Eh? I don’t think you are the type of person who would like sweet things.”

“Well, I do. I enjoy them and I like you.”

Dara blinked thrice and had to cough to hide her shyness. Baekhyun immediately handed her water.

“Mianhe. Sometimes I just can’t control my mouth.” He said and rubbed his nape again. He cleared his throat before he spoke, “So how are you? What are you up to since school got canceled?”

“Uhmm….nothing much. Just spending some time at home. Usually I go to my mom’s shop to check it out for her. But most of the time I just stay at home. I don’t really like going out. How about you?"

“Same. Just stayed at home waiting for school to resume. Chen’s been around and we usually play games with my PS4.”

“That’s good to hear. At least you’re now learning to socialize.”

“I think it is good.” Dara smiled before she took another spoon of ice cream. “Oh, do you know why people started attacking the school last time?”

Baekhyun became alert and tried his best not to appear so obvious. “Aniyo. Wae? Do you know something?”

“Appa is one of the stock holders of the school, I’m sure you know that. They said it was because those people who attacked the school was trying to kidnap the president’s son. I mean I was shocked to know that they’re trying to kidnap Kris-ssi but appa said that apart from him, his other son is in school. It was cool and all but I’m just feeling sorry for them.”

“Wae?”

“Because they are suppose to enjoy their lives in college. I mean, being someone else’s son, more like the president’s son, is pressure. There are always eyes watching them. I can undrstand if his other son hides his identity but isn’t hard to do that? Isn’t hard to not be you? to not be able to show who you really are?”

Baekhyun smiled bitterly,”Yeah, tell me about it.” He said as he looked at his ice cream melting.

xxxxxxxx

“Should I worry about my borthers being with Chen?” Dara asked Baekhyun as they were inside the elevator.

Baekhyun smiled,”They’ll be safe with him. I asked Chen to drop them home.”

“Arasso. Thank you. So I’m guessing you’ll drop me home, too?”

“Ani. We still have to go somewhere else.”

“Where?”

“I can’t tell you yet.”

“You seriously become annoying when you don’t tell me things.”

“I like it when you’re annoyed because you become more adorable.”

Dara puffed which made Baekhyun laugh.

xxxxxxxx

Baekhyun and Dara are now on their second destination. It is already seven in the evening and Seoul has been lit up by the beautiful city light.

“Why are we here?” Dara asked Baekhyun as they stood in the street.

“Why do you think we’re here?”

Baekhyun smiled at her and dragged her to get them going. Dara could not believe her eyes. It was only in her wildest imagination to be here. There were a few more couples and she could not help but blush.

“I know its awkward but I just thought I should brimg you here. I mean its not like we’re in a relationship or something but I… I..aisht.”

Dara chuckled. It was cute of him to think of this place and hecwas cute looking frustrated how he’d explain things to her. She should have been uoset because she might think he really likes her a lot but then she felt both of them should take it easy.

“It’s fine. You don’t have to explain anything.”

“Jeongmal?”

“Mmm.”

Baekhyun then got something out from his pocket. He was holding 2 padlocks in his hands. The body of the padlock was in color white and its shackle was in red. I was in a circular shape. One oadlock as a Letter S at its center and the other has B in it.

“So I’m guessing we’ll put them here?” Dara said.

“Ne-nehh” Baekhyun responded shyly.

“They said we should make a promise before outting it here.I’ll go first.”

“As always, ladies should go first.”

“Well..I could not promise you anything big and all.. but.. I promise to be patient with you. I promise to wait for you.I promise to trust you with everything. I know it seems like a confession bit don’t think of it as a formal one because I know you’ll reject it. Just think of it as if it was a promise to a very special person. Because I value you..”

“Wow..that’s tough to beat.”

“You’re turn, smart a$$”

“I won’t promise not to hurt you because I know time will come I might hurt you with everything I am keeping from you.But I promise to be there even when you don’t see me. I promise to take care of you even when I am not with you physically. I promise to protect you as long as I can even if it means staying away from you…”

Dara,when hearing his words, could not help but cry.

“Aigoo..please don’t cry.. You’re making it really hard for me.”

“Go on. Please don’t mind me.”

“I.. I promise to.. I promise to keep you safe always because your safety means everything to me.You are everything to me.”

Both of them looked at each other'eyes. Why does this place seem to be fiull of love and promises locked and yet their promises seems sad and full of goodbyes.

"Is Namsong Tower also a place where heart gets broken?" Dara can't help but ask.

xxxxxxxx

What’s up, people?! hehhe

sorry it took awhile. I am really having difficulties doing updates through my phone. And I was busy the past few weeks. i am trying to update my other fanfics .

Also, I am starting a new BaekDara because I cant get ovet Baek’s charms.hahaha

please leave some comments.

stay happy, healthy, and safe! Lots of love. :)