Singing Lesson

Hold My Hand And Don't Let Go

A couple of days later

 

Taehyung loved his singing lessons. It was without a doubt his favourite subject. Because singing made his heart feel lighter. Because he was one of the bests of the group. Because being surrounded by people who shared his love for singing and who had beautiful voices was according to the boy the best medicine ever. Because his teacher was really kind.

And because four times a week he could meet Jungkook and Jimin in one lesson. The young men didn't share any lesson aside from this one which was dedicated to the best singers of the Music Academy. Sometimes he would even meet J-Hope and Rap Monster for a shared lessons that would take place twice a month.

 

For all of those reasons, it was not very surprising that he was one of the first to be waiting at his seat, a sincere smile across his face. His classmates were used to seeing him so light headed and it actually made him look a lot more approachable. In fact Taehyung was a very popular student. He had a heart bigger than the Solar System, he was an excellent listener and always knew the right jokes to tell. He was also incredibly intelligent although he did not like to make it very obvious. But Taehyung understood everything before anyone else and was always curious about everything which made him at the same time approachable and very attractive.

And Taehyung was specifically excellent at instruments. He has grown up experimenting all sort of instruments and has now been perfecting his saxophone skills for years with the greatest instructor of the country. All of them agreed that his ability to play an instrument almost flawlessly at the first try would lead him to a career rarely seen.

 

 

“Can I sit here?”

 

Taehyung jumped a bit in surprise. He was absorbed in what he thought to be the most captivating manga he would ever read.

 

“Sorry this seat is taken. I am waiting for Jungkook. You know Jungkook? The young man continues with a bright smile. He is my best friend. And there is Jimin too. He is very talented but he can’t participate to the singing lessons. You should meet them”

 

You laughed. This guy looks really kind and somehow interesting.

 

You smiled while settling your bag next to Taehyung, on the opposite side of the seats he designated.

 

“I would love to. Are they as friendly as you?”

 

Taehyung nodded vigorously.

 

“They are. Don’t mind Jim though, he is a bit grumpy these days, hasn’t been sleeping much.” Taehyung added on a tone of confidence.

 

“We all have I think. Midterms are approaching” you sighed.

 

“Oh yes this too. But I don’t think he minds them much.”

 

“Really? He must be really smart then.”

 

Taehyung approved, proud about his best friend’s ability to always pass despite skipping classes.

 

 

“And you?” V asked out of the blue.

 

“Pardon?”

 

“Do you manage your studies well? You look really tired.”

 

“Do I? I have to admit it’s a bit tough between my job, the lessons and homework so I don’t have a lot of time for leisure activities. And I don’t sleep very well these days.” You chuckled slightly averting your eyes on the papers on your knees. “But it’s alright don’t worry we all have ups and downs right?” you continued looking back at him.

 

“Right” he smiled brightly and you instantly felt better.

 

“Why haven’t I seen you before? The singing class is rather small.” He asked again.

 

“I am in the dance section. I asked to move my sole singing lesson here a couple of weeks ago because of my job. I know we are half way thought the year but I will try my best to adapt.”

 

“Oh you know J-Hope?”

 

“Who?”

 

“Hoseok. He is in the dance section too.” The vampire asked as-a-matter-of-factly.

 

“Oh I don’t think so. You seem to know everyone on this campus.” You chuckled.

 

“It just happens that I have at least one roommate in each section. Plus two who already have a full time job.”

 

“Oh cool.” You replied.

 

A minute later and a tall rather muscular boy with dark chocolate hair was making his way through the door.

 

“I’m just saying I’m glad we straightened things up with hyung.” A light brown haired student was telling him.

 

“I get that Jimin but what I mean is you don’t just need to stop snapping every time your condition is brought up, you also need to actually work on that.” His friend replied.

 

Said Jimin sighed and looked mildly exasperated.

 

“I am trying, like really. Have you noticed nothing happened recently? Last time was just because of the stress.”

 

“Well I’m looking forward to the next moon then.” Jungkook replied pushing a strand of hair out of his eyes.

 

The one whom you assumed was Jungkook dropped his bag on the seats at Taehyung’s left and Jimin stood behind the boy’s seats with his hands in his pockets.

 

You didn’t give them a single glance, busy catching up on a melody. But you could not push out of your mind the fact that this boy looked like someone you knew. You shrugged the thought away, we all look like someone else in a way, there are similar facial types. Plus now that you were thinking of it your young cousin looked a lot like Jimin.

 

Yes it was definitely that. You mixed him up with your cousin.

 

Liberated by the though, you put all your mind back into the sheet of paper resting on your lap. Your singing teacher had given it to you to help you catch up with the songs your new class was working on.

 

 

“Sup homies” Tae threw playfully.

 

Jimin and Jungkook raised an eyebrow at the same time.

 

“Since when does our music genius speaks like that?” the maknae asked. Jimin chuckled.

Taehyung raised his shoulders innocently.

 

“I should go now, Jimin said looking down at the watch on his wrist, your teacher should arrive soon.”

He made his way out of the room and a minute later Mister Kim was walking towards his desk, plumping a pile of papers on it, presumably partitions.

 

“Good afternoon students, I am not going to make a fuss about it but we have a new student in our class for the last trimester. She exceptionally transferred with us because of schedule organisation.

 

You stood up straight, smiled at the students staring at you with mild curiosity and sat back down. Taehyung smiled at you kindly.

 

“I can tell you’re a dancer” he whispered on a tone of confidence.

 

You looked back at him, surprised

 

“Oh really. How?”

 

Taehyung shrugged.

 

“I don’t really know. I guess it’s your posture? You stand straight and you keep your feet close together.”

 

You quirked an eyebrow upward and nodded, impressed by his in depth observations.

 

 

 

The lesson went by smoothly and with the help of Taehyung and Jungkook, you managed to catch up with the train of the lesson fairly quickly.

 

All of you three walked out of the room after the lesson.

 

‘What is wrong with your friend by the way? Why can’t he sing?’

 

‘Oh he sure can, Jungkook replied, but he needs special lessons, he can’t really sing within a group. It’s complicated.’

 

‘You can tell her Jungkook you know.’

 

Jungkook looked at him and frowned his brows while trying to cover the slight shake of his head.

 

‘Tell what?’

 

‘Jimin sings too loud and strongly, he has troubles matching the group so he needs to train by himself. He sings perfectly but you know, not like the others.’

 

Jungkook let out an inaudible sigh of relief as you nodded, your mouth forming a silent O.

 

‘Are you eating with us y/n?’ Taehyung asked as the cafeteria came in view.

 

‘No sorry, I am eating out with my friend today. Thank you for asking.’ You smiled at them and parted ways as you reached the cafeteria.