Jin's Important Position

Hold My Hand And Don't Let Go

Seokjin was having one of the busiest days of the year. Inscriptions were coming in by dozens and he was completely overworked. He kept running from the printer to his computer and the files department of the administration, answering several calls at a time.

 

As head of admission, Kim Seokjin's responsibilities were major. He had to select each year's new students and because their art university was first in every rankings, requests came from all around Korea and Asia, making his job very intense.

 

But he liked it. He could meet a great variety of talented young adults and it was always a pleasure for the vampire to meet new faces, although he had to reject the majority of the requests in the end. The establishment only accepts around sixty new students per tracks each year, privileging the quality of their lessons over the quantity of students. He was in charge of making sure each batch of students were selected for the right reasons and blended well in their new backgrounds.

 

Jin was nothing of a musician. Yes he played guitar at his lost hours but his musical career stopped there. The rare friends who heard him sing claimed that he had a very soft and profound voice but as for dancing, the young man preferred not displaying his talent to any other than his bathroom mirror. And he was very fine with that. Because he had the job he wanted, the best friends he could have ever asked for and a handsome face. A very handsome face. That, he was sure of it. If his colleagues knew how much he eats and how rarely he exercises and yet manages to keep this body, they would kill him.

Jin chuckled while pinning a bunch of papers together neatly.

 

The best part of his job was that he was actually by far the youngest of all the employees. They were all adults, with families and a good part of their life already behind them but Jin was only twenty-four. He got accepted by miracle, one of his classmates during his three years in a small university was the son of one of the workers here and Jin easily got accepted, for a training period first but he revealed himself to be so efficient and so good at relations that it quickly turned into a job. Which eventually led him to that position. So his young age and his natural ability to befriend with anyone led him to become very close to his students too. Many of them regularly came to his office to chat and ask for advices, even seniors who were older than him. And Jin was always delighted to help them in any way he could.

This is how he connected with his roommates. Jin met all five of his best friends thanks to this school, Yoongi having been introduced to the squad through Namjoon. Hoseok and Namjoon were classmates in their first year in their elective rap lesson, Jimin, V and Jimin met because they had seemingly the same singing and dancing lessons. And naturally, they all in a way or another heard of the school counsellor-administrator being a vampire and almost instinctively reached out to him. He supposed when you belong to a minority you tend to feel closer to those who share the same concerns in life. The youngest joined the team even before getting in the school because he was already friend with V at that time. It had been now four years that the group formed and moved in together in a common agreement.


---

 

Jin’s pink iPhone buzzed on his desk but he diligently left it aside until his break. Which was only eight minutes away. Only eight minutes to pass and he would enjoy the bitter taste of his favourite coffee running down his sore throat. Only sleeping four hours on a full moon night had never been advised.

 

When his computer indicated ten past thirty, Seokjin snatched his wallet and made his way to the cafeteria in long steps.

The break flew away and he sat down again in front of his unclassified files for the rest of the morning.

 

“Jinnie can you call the headmaster for me, my line is cut and I need someone to remind him of his meeting with SM Entertainment’s referee who is to come in the hour.”

 

“You call me that once again and it is your head that will be cut” Jin answered his colleague in a deadly serious tone.

 

She almost fell for it. She always almost falls for Seokjin’s jokes although he does one approximatively every thirteen minutes and so ever since he joined the head of administration department. But the amount of time Jin is able to keep a straight face is even shorter.

 

“Just kidding sweetie, I am doing it right now” the young man chuckled and poke his tongue out.

 

“Aish this kid. He has the age to be one of our students and he is as playful as them.” Danbi shook her head.

 

Seokjin unlocked his phone to make his call when he noticed a message from Namjoon. The message! He had totally forgot it!

He finished typing the phone number and made his call, promising himself to answer afterwards.

 

‘Hello?’

 

‘Mister Ho? It is Seokjin, I am calling for Danbi to remind you of your appointment with SM’s delegate.’

Jin activated the speaker and came back to his home screen to answer Namjoon’s message at the same time.

 

‘Oh you are right! I forgot about it, thank you very much Jin.’

 

‘You are welcome mister, but I suggest a pay raise for this extra job that took some of my working time.’

 

‘Hahaha what about a slice of cake at the break?’

 

Jin sighed.

 

‘Mister could I take a break right now instead? It shouldn’t be long but it is urgent matter. I promise I will work extra this evening.’

 

‘It sounds serious. Go Jin it is perfectly fine, you already do so much more than expected. Take this well-deserved break and let’s not tell anyone.’

 

‘Thank you mister! I shall be back soon. Oh and I am also ok with the slice of cake. Strawberry cheesecake for me please.’ Jin heard his boss laugh and hung up.