Not In The Mood

Hold My Hand And Don't Let Go

"I am going Yoongi, and don't forget the dishes, it's your day of the week." Namjoon said poking his head through the door. Yoongi grumbled while looking deadly at his coffee.

 

The front door slammed, Namjoon, Jungkook and Taehyung were off for their music university.

 

"Yoongi I will take care of the groceries this evening after work but can you text me if anything misses in the fridge? I want to make a cake this weekend and I think I need to buy a couple of ingredients."

 

Another grumble, louder than the previous one.

 

"And guys don't be late!" He shouted in the corridor's direction before leaving too.

 

When Hoseok and Jimin eventually left for the university, the house fell silent and Yoongi relaxed. Not that he disliked his friends' presence but a bit of calm was always welcomed. He never slept really well those nights, waking up from dreamless slumbers drenched in sweat several times a night. Which put him in an awful mood considering how relaxing sleep usually was for him.

 

He finished his breakfast, tidied up the kitchen and walked to his office, stopping in the bathroom to check if his eyes were still red.

By the time everyone reached their respective work place every fang had retracted and all the red had disappeared from the eyes for a typical dark brown and Yoongi focused on his compositions in a much more cheerful mood.

 

---- 

 

"Have you seen him today?" Asked one of the two students.

 

"Yes! Incredible, as always. But I was too late, he was normal again. Why can't we see him in his other form?" Whined the other as they walked past the door.

 

Namjoon sighed and ran his fingers in his dark hair. Another mentally tiring day.

 

Why would anyone want to be so popular? He never asked for all those fangirls, they started getting interested in him for his physical appearance, which was incredibly irritating. His teachers would always praise him for his good grades in every subject but Namjoon was suspecting they were not fairly deserved and rather earned thanks to his charisma. He was not the cold guy everyone saw in him either. He just disliked being the center of attention and instinctively closed himself when he was surrounded by too many people. He did not even know how, but some of his classmates got hold of the information that he was a vampire and suddenly his already disturbingly high popularity increased dramatically. Why would anyone get fascinated by his nature? That was frustrating.

 

The young man wished he could be appreciated for himself as a person and not as some kind of beast in a zoo. Jin was too old to interest his students and his younger roommates had been careful enough to not attract attention on them. Namjoon felt a pinch of jealousy over his friends for being left unbothered. He thought students would be smart enough to realise that if his roommates spend most of their time with him it most certainly means that they are vampires too. But no, just when Namjoon needed his classmates to be a little smart, they acted blind.

 

He was getting himself in an awful mood again. The kind of mood that made him irascible and want to punch something for no reason. The kind of mood that made him really aggressive against his will.

 

"I guess I will have to cut a couple of lessons again. How pathetic. Not as if the teacher will take notice anyway, I am so perfect for them." He thought angrily.

 

So he slammed the bathroom door open and furiously walked in the corridor, ignoring the stupid squeals and lame "look at how fierce and mature he looks" some students said while he walked past them, apparently not even bothered by the fact that he could hear them. Fierce. Yeah sure. Namjoon repressed a couple of burning curse words from escaping his lips and eventually reached the top of the stairs that led to his hiding of predilection.

 

What was better than a strong wind hitting his heated face and a view over Seoul to calm down? The roof of his high school was priceless. Except for a couple of seniors who came there from times to times to eat their lunch and his friends, nobody knew or cared about that place. Yet another reason that made Namjoon think his schoolmates had nothing less than a Goldfish in their heads.

 

He pulled his phone out of his pocket, dialled Jin's number but never pressed the green button. Instead, he stared at his blurry reflection in the screen, hating himself for not being normal, for not being able to tell Jimin how worried he was for him, for being so useless when his friends needed him.