Another Crisis

Hold My Hand And Don't Let Go

"That was not supposed to happen Jimin!"

 

"I know! How many times are you going to remind me that I did something wrong?! I am not a kid anymore and all of this is already too hard to handle by myself, don't make me feel even guiltier!" Jimin shouted back.

 

“Keep your voice down, Jin hissed, you created enough fuss for the night.”

 

In front of him, leaning on the kitchen's furniture, Seokjin and Namjoon were glaring at him arms crossed on their imposing chests. Jimin, red and flustered, huffing and puffing and his heart pounding inside his chest, felt even smaller than usual under his hyungs' piercing eyes. Not that they were looking at him angrily, although it was the case, but they were literally piercing red, only a fine black slit was separating their irises in two. Not to mention their messy hair after such a run and their pale skin glowing under the only ray of light in the room.

“I do whatever I want with my voice.” Jimin replied bluntly. He took this chance to exit the kitchen and the argument at the same time.

 

It was past two in the morning, the moon was at its highest peak which was all too dangerous for the inhabitants of this little loft located in the calmest neighbourhood of Seoul.

Especially for Jimin, Jungkook and Taehyung. But the two others were two too deep sleepers to be disturbed by the night.

Jimin on the contrary was giving his oldest roommates a hard time. At his age he should have been able to control himself properly.

Yet Jin had once again found his bedroom empty when he walked up the corridor to go to the bathroom and he had to wake his best friend up hastily, making sure to not wake Yoongi up at the same time, one potentially dangerous male on the run was already enough. They had ran as fast as their strong muscles allowed them and quickly found the latter hidden in an empty pitch black street not too far away, curled up on the floor, his back shaking and jumping under his choking and hitching breath.

 

Jin eventually managed to calm him down but it required the young vampire another ten minutes to be able to put words on his panic attack.

As he explained, he had once again woken up dripping in sweat on his bed and next thing he knew, he was on the run looking for something alive to dig his incredibly painful fangs into. The pain was so intense, starting from the root of his two teeth through his gums and buzzing up to his brain that it blocked all his thoughts and made it almost impossible for him to control anything he was doing or any rational thought he could form. All he could think of was the only known way to make this torture go away. What kept him from killing anything was his age. Being already over his twenties, he had acquired the ability to instinctively hide when his body was in such a critical state, preventing himself from making any victims. However such a loss of control was not supposed to happen, his immune system should have developed itself enough to face those monthly crises just like all six other roommates and nearly all the grown up vampires of the world.

 

Jin had wiped his little brother's face with the smooth and fluffy sleeve of the sweater he had quickly put on before leaving and gently his back while Namjoon talked to him about everything and anything before walking back to their place.

However they both considered this unacceptable. Such incidents usually happen between the age of nine and seventeen, typically when the vampires are in their most difficult phase. By the time they reach twenty years old, vampires are expected to have developed enough reflexes and experience to prevent themselves from losing control. But Jimin had always been fierce and a bit more rebel than his fellows, making him more receptive to his bestial instinct. All his friends were here for him to make sure he would not lose his senses but nothing was getting better.

And now was one of those moments when Jin and Namjoon did not care about waking up the whole house, they were too exhausted to try and use the pacific method. Perhaps they thought by shouting at their friend something would change in him? Or was it in despair of doing something in front of such an alarming situation? None of them knew but they needed to let their worries out.

And once again it made Jimin feel even worse about himself. He tried. He really did. But what can you do when your brain does not function properly when you need it to understand?

 

Jin sighed. He had wished, without much hope that this full moon, maybe, nothing would happen. That maybe his dear friend, that he saw as a younger brother, would act just like every vampire, meaning he would wake up feeling uncomfortably warm, drink a glass of cold water and go back to sleep exactly like his friends would, only to wake up and realise his eyes were red, his fangs out, just like every occupant of the apartment. And everything would go back to normal when the moon disappears. All of them would become fully human again and nothing would make Jin worry. It actually happened some times. He even thought Jimin healed. But on the four years Jimin have been living under this roof, he never completely healed. Sometimes his child nature would simply hit a lot more violently than others.

 

The man walked to Jimin's room, gently knocked on the door the younger had shut while Namjoon was in the other rooms making sure the others were asleep. As expected, he received no answer but walked in anyways. And as always, he stayed there in the dark for one more hour caressing his friend's head while talking in a low voice to make sure Taehyung would not be disturbed. Jimin talked about his worries, his insecurities, his anger and his fears, occasionally interrupted by a sob while Jin listened to him as well as a mother would. And as always Jimin fell asleep of exhaustion grasping Jin’s hand resting on his soft hair.

Jin loved being there for his brothers. He had always been the calm and attentive person he was. He, on the contrary of Jimin, had barely ever known what it felt to be in such pain although seeing his dear friend suffering so badly hurt him just as much. His inability to help him was sometimes driving him insane and if it was not thanks to Namjoon's assistance and intelligence, he would have broken down a long time ago. But that is what Jin loved about his family. They all completed each other in their own way and he could have never asked for a better team than them.

He softly smiled in the darkness of the boys' room, let his fingertips brush one last time Jimin's cheek before silently walking to his room where Namjoon had already come back. They talked again about the situation but both fell asleep in a matter of minutes, broken of exhaustion.