Chapter 8

Let's Play A Game
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 8

 

It's Monday again. Sejeong woke up earlier than Somi. 

"4 AM.." She whisphered as she read the time on the clock.

It was still too early for her to wake up, but she can't sleep anymore. Something inside her is bugging her. 

"What is this.." She whispered again. She's staring at a certain girl across her bed.

She stood up and went to the window. She felt the wind gently caressing her face as she opened the window. It was kinda relaxing, but it's not helping her to forget about what she's feeling inside. She got her phone and stared at her mom's number.
"Should I call her?" 

"Or not..?"

Sejeong was contemplating when she felt someone hugged her from behind.

"Unnie.. It's still early.." The taller girl said sleepily. 

Sejeong patted the girl's hands, which is on her tummy. She closed her eyes and hummed. It was soothing, she's not sure if it's the wind or Somi's hug, or maybe both.

"What's the problem unnie?" Somi asked.

"I..I just..can't sleep anymore.." Sejeong said. It's true tho. 

"You dreamt 'bout something? You want someone to cuddle with?" Somi placed her head at Sejeong's shoulder as she asked again the girl. 

"N-no.. I.. I don't know.." 

"Unnie.. Now that you're awake I can't sleep too.. Can I just share something to you?" Somi pulled from the hug. Sejeong sighed, but she's not sure whether from relief or from disappointment. But, she still managed to smile at the younger girl.

"Of course.. What is it?" Sejeong went to her bed and sat on it. Somi followed and sat beside the older girl.

"I missed this.." Somi said and played with the older girl's hands. 

"Why? I mean.. We're always in the same room.." Sejeong was staring intently at the younger girl.

"We're always in the same room, but these past few days, we never had enough time to talk. Since I go to school at 6.. and go home at 6 too.. And you.. You are still sleeping whenever I leave for school, and we're both tired at night.." Somi sighed. Sejeong could feel Somi's sadness through her voice. It was true, it seems like they were only roommates now. No time for talks.

"Ohh.." Sejeong couldn't say anything but an 'Ohh'. There are so many things on her mind.
 They were covered with silence. Somi noticed it and changed the topic after she mentally scolded herself.

"You know unnie..I always dreamt..about something weird.." Sejeong snapped out of her thoughts and focused to the younger again.

"What kind of dream?" She answered immediately, 'cause it somewhat gained her interest.

"I always dream about me.. and someone.. Coming after me. You know that? Creepy.. The scene changes, sometimes

I'm with someone..Sometimes I'm all alone.. But the only clear thing is me, everything's blurry.. Everything's dark."

Sejeong stared at Somi. It's quite interesting but, it's really creeping her out.

"You always dreamt 'bout that?"

"Hmm.." 

"You must be thinking about something before you went to sleep?" Sejeong asked the younger again.

"I'm not thinking too much.." Somi retorted and looked at the older girl.

"Well, that's mysterious and creepy Somi-ah.." Sejeong said as she caressed the girl's hair.

"Yeah.. I hope it stops.. I hate waking up because of those dreams.." Sejeong hummed as a response.

They were enveloped in silence again. Somi used Sejeong's lap as her pillow and lay down at the older's bed. Sejeong was still caressing the girl's hair. 

"Unnie.. You always take care of yourself please?" Somi broke the silence.

"W-why?" Sejeong looked at the girl with a bit of shock.

"What's with the shocked face unnie? Hehehe. I just want you to be okay, since we are not together 24/7 ya know.. I'm not going anywhere if that's what you're thinking." Somi giggled and stared at Sejeong. Sejeong sighed in relief as she heard the girl's explanation.

"I thought you're leaving.. You scared me.." 

"Why? You scared if I go away? Would you miss me unnie?" Somi asked seriously.

'I'm missing you. Everyday. And.. I don't know why..' Sejeong said inside her mind.

"Well, of course.. you.. you're..my friend.." Sejeong smiled.

"Yeah.." Somi stared at the clock.

"It's near 5.. Why does time seems to be running so fast when we're together?! Tha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter