Chapter 4

Let's Play A Game
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 4

Somi sat on her bed groggily. She's still sleeping but she doesn't have any choice but to get up since ishe need to go to school. She looked at Sejeong's bed, seeing the older girl still sleeping. She smiled when she remembered what happened last night.

"Wah.. That girl.. Her family would be sad for sure.. Aigoo." Sejeong said as she and Somi was walking at the stairs.

"Yeah.."

Sejeong stared at Somi, she sighed deeply then she held the girls hand.

"Let's go somewhere else.." Sejeong said seriously before she dragged Somi with her.
The older girl held Somi's hand until they reach the dorm's rooftop. The wind is blowing so hard, sadly, there are no stars that night.

"Aigoo.. It must be raining soon. Let's sit here!" Sejeong brightly said to Somi then she dragged the younger to sit with her.

"Ask." Sejeong said to Somi seriously.

She suddenly became serious as she stared at the gloomy sky.
Somi stared intently to the older girl. She was thinking what to ask first. Train of thoughts started to run inside her mind, like having a race until they reach the girls mouth so they can get out of the girl's mouth.

'What would I ask first?' Somi said in her mind.

They stay silent for a while then Sejeong broke the silence.

"I was still young when he left us." The girl stated with a flat voice.

"It was hard for us. But it was the hardest for mom. She worked for us.. Anything that she could do just to send us to school, just to feed us, and to give what we need."

Somi was listening intently to the older girl. She felt sad hearing that from Sejeong.

"We lived in my aunt's house for awhile when we went here to Seoul. It was still hard for us so we decided to go back to where we came from. We grew up, me and my brother, with only my mom taking care of us. It breaks my heart.. Just seeing her working from dawn until midnight just to have money.. But it wasn't enough.."

Sejeong's voice cracked as she remembered everything. Tears started to fall, it was heart breaking everytime she remembers all their hardships. Somi hugged the older girl tightly, rubbing her back to comfort her.

"I wa..I wanted to study to a university after I finished high school. But my mother's earnings wasn't enough. I was still in high school, when I decided to work too. Part-time jobs just to help my mom and brother to earn money. I lived my whole life with them Somi-ah.. I always think and I'm always happy that all I need is them. If I had to work until the dawn, then go to school after, I'll do it just for them. Because they're my only family." 

Sejeong wiped her tears then she continued.

"Then he came..He came this vacation. The man who left us came in our house like he didn't do anything wrong.."

Somi can feel the anger of Sejeong with every word she said. And it's torturing for the younger. She never thought that the girl's past was too sad..Full of hardships.

"He said that he'll bring me with him. He'll send me to school.. I was so angry. I am so angry. What's running on that old man's mind? Is he even thinking?! Did he even thought that he caused everything that's why we had so much hardships? He acted like it was all nothing.."

Somi still hugged the girl tightly.. Wishing she could ease the pain that her friend feels.

"Well of course! He got money now! Hah!" Sejeong said sarcastically.

"I didn't want to leave my mom..my brother.. Just because of his offer. No. If it means that I couldn't study if I'll stay there with my family, I'll accept it. I'll work hard so atleast I could give them a good life too. But as I think of it.. And as they push me.. They pushed me to go with that man.. I realised.. They were right.."
Somi waited for the girl to continue.

"Mother said that this is for me too. My brother said the same thing.. They were still thinking of me.. I felt guilt. Why? Because I let anger to take over me.. Before thinking about them.. I was too angry that I didn't even think that it's for us too. If I could study then I could get a better job.. I could give them a better life.."

"So I talked to him.. He said he was happy that he accepted my offer.. But I'm not thinking about him.. I'm thinking about my mother and my brother. I told him that I'll study. I'll study but I won't live in his house, and I don't want him to get in my life. I told him that I'll finish studying and find a good job. I'll pay for everything, every single cent. that he used to send me to school.."

Sejeong breathed deeply, she wanted to stop herself from crying.. But she can't.

"H-he answered okay. Then he smiled at me, and hugged me tightly. You know what I did? I brokedown in his arms.. Crying like a little kid. I've always wondered how it felt to have a father.. How to have someone who will talk to those bullies who bullied me a lot eversince.. But I remembered.. It was all because of him.. They made fun of me.. Saying that my father doesn't want a child like me so he left.. They always said that my mother is poor that's why he left us.. But still, I cried in his arms like I'm the weakest person that moment. I was longing for a father.. But I am too eager too, I am too eager to give a good life to my mother and brother. So I felt bad, that I cried because of that man, that I broke down in that man's arms, when I know that he's all the reason why we became like this.."

"He gave me anything I need. And what i asked for. I wanted to live in a dorm. So he did. He gave me a phone. He gave me allowance, but it's too much.. So I sent some to my mom. I was so afraid to talk to my mom these past few days.. I'm too worried, thinking that I might go home to them if I heard her voice.. But I found strength.. I found strenth when I heard her voice earlier. So I'm eager to do this. I won't give up for them.."

Sejeong was in tears, but she managed to smile at Somi. It was true. It was a genuine smile. She felt like something was lifted off from her heart, she never thought it would feel this good. So she hugged Somi back.

"Thank you Somi-yah.. Thank you.. I've never

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter