7;; my little forever «flashback 1998-present»

fate (past or present) || exo ff

For that one moment everything was perfect and then that moment ended.  

~~~

Flashback 1998. Late Afternoon. Irene's POV.

Luckily, I had my mom with me today. She helped me to pick what should I give to oppa Sehun. She told me that I should give him a beanie instead. She knows that it would perfectly fit for him and since he's going to be a teen soon. I'm just so happy and excited to give this to him. I can already imagine him wearing this. He's so handsome.

As my mom drove heading to oppa Sehun's house, I suddenly had the guts to ask my mum about something. "Eomma..? Is it okay if I have a crush on oppa Sehun?"

She didn't react but instead she gave me a smile and then she giggled and patted my head. "I know it already honey. Even you won't tell me. I know you like him."

"Jinja?" I was shocked and felt my cheeks hot. 

"Ne..! I can see it in your eyes and smile as I looked at you a while ago." says mom. Am I that bad to hide my feelings? "It's okay honey. It's only a crush and besides I like him for you since he's a very nice kid and he's your oppa's bestfriend." She giggles and looks like she's teasing me. "We're here now honey."

I went down the car first and waited for my mom. She then grabbed my right hand while I'm holding the gift on the left. As we reached the front door, it seems so quiet. My mom was knocking the door for about 4 times but no one dares to open it.

In my surprise I saw an old woman who opened the door. She then smiled infront of us. I nodded, same as with my mom. "Annyeong..! Is Sehun there?" mom greeted as she asks.

"Come in." The old lady smiled but she didn't answer my mom directly but she offers us to come inside. 

As we entered the house, it seems there's no party going on. I glanced and noticed that some things are packed up, like someone's leaving. She then let us sit on the couch. "I'm sorry, but where are the others? Where's Sehun? Did my son Luhan already went here?" Mom asks curiously.

"Today is Sehun's birthday. And-" The old lady say but she didn't continue what she was suppose to say but she just looked down at the box that was placed on the table and slowly pushed it infront of us.

My mom was in deep confused, she doesn't know what's going on. She looked at the box and tries to open it. "Eomma..? What is it?" I tugged the hem of her shirt as I asked curiously.

"I don't know honey." As she opened the box, I saw 1 rolled paper, compilation of pictures and a bracelet made of dandelions. She looked at me and I can see that there is sadness in her eyes and she's trying to hold back her tears.

"What is it eomma..? Tell me." I'm so worried right now. She let me have the box and I grabbed the rolled paper inside since there's my name on it. I unrolled it then..

~~~

Irene,

I knew it! I know you wouldn't break any promises. Thank you so much for coming. Yes, today is my birthday. Don't be sad if you didn't see oppa. But then, I'm very happy that you're here.

Thank you so much for letting me experience a little time to be happy and to realize some things with you. I'll bring those memories we had. For that one moment everything was perfect and then that moment ended. Even if I want to see you grow up, I can't- Just take care of yourself always, Jagiya my little forever *kisses*

P.S You were given this life because you are strong enough to live it.

Oppa Sehun~

~~~

I.. I break down. I can't see anything but tears forming into my eyes. I feel sudden ache in my heart. I already know what he meant. I j-just can't. Why all of a sudden..? Just then I found myself crying and my mom reached down onto me and she held me into her arms. She hugged me tightly to keep me calm like she already knew what is the reason why I'm like this.

He's gone. Without telling me why. He's really selfish. He's unfair..!

Meanwhile. Luhan's POV.

As I heard someone knocking on the door I knew already who it was. Both Kris and I glanced at the door for a while, when suddenly the caretaker stood up as she went infront of the door. As soon as she holds the doorknob, I grabbed Kris' hand and rushed towards the kitchen and hid somewhere behind it.

"Why are we hiding?" Kris asked curiously. "I don't want my sister to see us here and even my mum." I whispered.

"Why all of sudden Luhan..? What happened to Sehun-ah? Was he sick? If so, why didn't he told us about all of this?" Kris started to ask questions which I was really dumbfounded to answer everything about it all. "Just.. don't ask for now, Kris." I turned away from him.

Just as then, I heard my mom asking the caretaker. I glanced a little bit but I'm still hiding. I saw the caretaker slowly handling the box to my mom. Soon, she opens it and stared on what's inside of it at the moment. She then looked away and let Irene look what's inside of it and took the rolled paper one.

I knew it was a letter for her. I can't take to see her reading those messages for her so I looked away and covered my face. "Hey.." as Kris patted my back.

In just a few moments later, I can already hear her sob and my mom's trying to comfort her. It was indeed a huge heart break for me since I really don't want my sister to cry and to get hurt.

At that moment, I realized something. You know you love someone when their pain is also your pain.

Third Person's POV.

In the middle of the night, Irene still can't sleep. She was just looking straight at the ceiling and thinking things over and started to cry once more. 

"I hate you oppa..!" she whined, sobbing her eyes out with tears rushing all over her face. "Why did you leave me all of a sudden?" "I was a good girl, right? I didn't break my promise to you..!" "You're still selfish and unfair..!"

She cursed out her hate as she throws her pillows away from her and cried even harder. But mindless to her actions, she didn't know that his brother sneaked in to her room and he found his sister crying as she mumbles those words. He can't help himself but to jerk out a tear also but he quickly wipe it away and started to let himself be seen by her sister.

"Oppa..! Why are you here?" Irene asks as soon as she saw Luhan walking towards her, he sat beside her and her hair gently. "Because I'm superman right? I'm here to save you." says Luhan who smiled heartily. 

"But I don't need help oppa," Irene sniffs, wiping away her tears with her palms. 

"Yes you are..! And today I'm gonna take away your pain." Luhan started off as he stood up from the bed and did a superman pose which basically made his sister laugh and cheered for her brother's dorkiness. "I know what you're thinking. I'm handsome right?" says Luhan, bragging himself out as he wiggles his eyebrows.

"No..! Oppa Sehun's way more handsome than you." Irene fought back a hurtful word as she smirks.

"Mwo..?! What did you say?" Luhan was agitated so he started to tickle her as she laughs way too much. 

"Stop oppa..!" she laughs breathlessly. "Stop, I can't breathe." There, Luhan halted as the both of the gasps out of air. "Wooh..! That was fun!" 

Luhan chuckles as he settles himself down beside his sister. "Are you okay now?" 

"Yes, thank you oppa. But.." she responded with a smile on her face, but then it vanished when she remembers Sehun again. "I think I'll be sad, I miss oppa Sehun.." 

"Yah..! Think of it that if he knows that you are sad, he'll be sad too. Right?" Luhan persuades as he looks at her with sincerity on his eyes. 

Irene kept her frown as she wanted to jerk another tear from her eyes. "But he was the one who made me sad."

"I'm sad too jagiya because I miss my bestfriend. But I don't want to let that thought of it saddens me. I know he wants me to be happy. I know he also does to you." he plastered a heartful smile on his face. "It's okay to miss him as much as you want to, but you must look forward to everyday for new beginnings."

She never thought that his brother would tell her such words. For now she might not be able to understand everything, but what she realizes was she needs to be happy and that's what his oppa Sehun and Luhan want her to be.

Irene kissed her oppa on his cheeks and hugged him tightly. As well his brother also did the same.

On that night, Luhan slept beside her since Irene insisted him to be with her just for that night. As well goes with Luhan, he doesn't want his sister feel alone since she's not that okay enough because of what happened earlier.

7 years later. Present Time. Irene's POV.

"I never thought I would be this handsome, like, I was already handsome when I was a kid. But, but.." Gradually, Luhan oppa stopped as I threw the pen right directly onto his face. Gaining a flaming look from his face. "What was that for jagiya?!" 

"Why do you have to be so-so.." I stopped as I trailed off and glanced to my right, my eomma and appa was looking straight faced at me. "Kyaa..! Why do you always have to self-praise? Such a crow!" I whined, purely pissed off.

"Mwo..!? You're always like that? Why won't you accept it anyway?" he raised his voice at me, looking at me sternly. 

"Excuse me..?" I cocked, answering him back pointing my hand up.

Suddenly my mom and dad laughed out of shame. "Excuse me Mr. Lee, I'm really sorry for my son and daughter. They're always like that. Well, kids.." says mom, enlarging a look on me as she folds my finger down.

Mr. Lee, the executive administrative of Joongdong High laughed as he finds us cute. "That's okay Mrs. Kim. They look so adorable. Because of them I miss my sister too." he chuckles. "Anyway, are there any more questions about our schools curriculum?"

"I-I would like to apply for a scholarship." I intervened, raising my hand.

"Okay, I'll just give you the requirements and also to your brother if he wants." he smiled as he was getting the papers.

"I think he can't make it." Once I looked at my brother, I couldn't help but to laugh and plaster a smirk right after. "Pabo..!"

"Hey watch your mouth sissy, you're going too far now." he argued, enlarging his eyes on me. 

"Here. So, I'll see you guys soon here then?" Mr. Lee hands us the papers, I gladly accepted it and we thanked him before we left the office. 

As we walked and left the school, I feel so excited as I'm going to enter the most prestigious school here in Korea in less than 2 weeks but, I'll be able to see my brother here. That's bad news. I know there are advantages and disadvantages of having a sibling in the same school.

He's just a pain in the . He loves to mingle with girls and self-praise himself to them. Aish~ I hope I'll enjoy my stay here as a junior student.

Well, Sehun oppa. If you were still living, we might had attended the same school. Eat lunch; go home; do homeworks; play around the campus; and everything we could do together.. 

~ ღ ღ ღ ~

A/N; Omo~ this was quite a sad update again yet I'm sure to be looked forward. This is it! They're now big enough and will be able to face different challenges! I hope you guys are reading this. Comment your thoughts below and vote!!~ Thank you!!

Love, Khai xx