10;; conceited smug

fate (past or present) || exo ff

Meanwhile. Senior Class A's Room. Luhan's POV.

My eyes glared at him, feeling the hot tension all over my body as my fists started to ball in anger. This guy, he's the pain in the . He just ruined not just my day, but my sister's. How could he humiliate her just like that? He really deserves the treatment that I've done much from awhile ago.

I stood up harshly as I kick his side chair, making him wake back to his senses. "Come on stupid..! Face me!" I exclaimed, grabbing his collar to lift him up. "Who do you think you are huh..?"

"...and who the hell are you anyway?!" This idiot growled back, pulling my collar as well with a smirk on his face. We both share the same death glares at each other, my teeth started to grit in anger. I just couldn't withstand how could he do such primitive act infront of everyone when in fact he's aggravating my sister's life. 

Until then he plastered an annoying smirk on his face, I was fully got triggered by it as my hand started to clench tight on his collar even more wanting to punch his face right away. 

"Yah..! Stop. Don't fight! You know we're inside the school premises. As for you Kai, why do you always get into fight? Aren't you satisfied to what happened earlier?" A guy suddenly came in between and probably the school's student council president named Suho was jotted on his name pin. "And you, you're a newbie, stop getting into fights!"

"What's wrong with the both of you?!" Ms. Chaelin yells as she walked angrily infront of us. "Is that a good way to start a day?! Disrespecting me and disrupting my class? If that so, go outside the room now!" 

The aura inside the room way terrified with Ms. Chaelin's yell, I pull away harshly, even seeing a small guy beside me as his eyes widen exaggeratedly. I was left no choice but to get out of the room, yet my eyes seek to glare at this stupid . 

Meanwhile. Outside Senior Class A's Room. Luhan's POV.

Right in time I went out of the room, I quickly grab his collar once again as I didn't hesitate to land my burning fist on his face. He conceitedly smirk as he touch the side of his lip. "Are you done..?"

"I'm just about to start.." I scoff smirking back at him, I lift my fist once again but just before I could even land my hot boiling fist back on his face someone howls from the hallway. 

"Fights again..? I'm so done with it." My eyes darted at the tall blonde guy, walking comfortably. "I wasn't surprised with you toasted guy." I was quite taken aback for awhile, thinking better ahead with the familiar guy that I just saw. 

"K-Kris..? You know this idiot?" I queer, looking back at this infront of me with a full smirk on his face. "You mean that toasted guy? He's my douche best guy since I transferred here." he turns his attention at him. "And oh, why haven't you introduced yourself to my best friend since gradeschool, Kai..?"

I muttered back, "His name doesn't matter anyway, but why won't you ask your douche best guy on what he did to Irene?!" 

To my surprise, Kris' half smirked turned into a gritted one as he abruptly narrowed his eyes. He immediately caught Kai's collar pushing him to the wall. "What..? What did you do to her?!"

"What's wrong with the both of you? Who's that girl anyway?!" Kai exclaimed curiously, before his curiosity vanished as it turns out a chuckle. "Oh.. Yeah? The pink girl? Oh.. woah, is she the-"

Kris didn't let him finish off when he started to land a punch on his face. "You idiot!" Out of freaking sorts, Kai threw back a punch. "What the hell!? What's got into you?!"

"Luhan, Kris, Kai!" Kris and Kai was pulled away with each other when a tall Chinese guy with puffy eyes hollers, he went to this idiot's side and the other guy with dimples went to Kris' side. "What's going on here?" the Chinese guy asks as he looked at Kai and saw blood on his face. "Come on let's get you to the clinic."

"And the both of you? Why were you beating him up? Aren't you guys aware that Ms. Chaelin's only inside the room, she might have seen you and make yourselves get more in trouble." The guy with a dimples said in confusion.

"He deserves it.." Kris furiously answered while glaring at Kai. I muttered back as well, "The idiot just disrespected my sister..! How come I couldn't just pay back on what he did!"

"But do you think it's too much seeing both of you beating him? It's unfair. I'll let this pass." The dimpled guy said as he started to walk away with Tao and Kai. "I won't tell this to Suho hyung.."

"Psh..! I told him, I'll make his life a living hell." I conceitedly hissed, realizing that I won't ever regret I've just done on him. "And by the way, why didn't you defend him instead you also beat him up?" I huff an audible sigh as I lean my back on the wall.

Kris leaned back as well, heaving a sigh. We were both left single-handed. "He's my best friend. I know him a lot since then. But soon as I heard Irene was involved here-" He paused for awhile, "He loves to play with girls. He actually gets what he wants and he doesn't even care what they would feel." Kris responded with disappointment. "So as you mentioned Irene, that's the thing came into my mind."

A smile suddenly tugged on my lips as I never would have thought about him saying such things. Kris never changed since then- I mean, regarding with his care about my sis. As much as I don't want to over think things just because of that. Maybe, just maybe.. He likes my sister? 

I pull him to a hug all of a sudden, "Thanks Kris..!"

"I just know what your sister had gone through before, Luhan. I treated her as my own sister as well, you know. We need to protect her every time." Kris murmured, I awed how since he was. "But let's cut this, you're still clingy. I'm not your sister." he pulled himself away from me.

"Yaa..! You just told me that you treated her as your sister as well. Am I not part of it?" I babble like a kid, he prick my forehead. "Ouch..! Erh? But hey Kris, I smell something fishy huh." I beam teasingly, wiggling my brows. 

Kris was suppressing not to laugh, but then he gently push me away. "Yah..! I missed you."

I crinkle my nose, "Why did you push me away? Aish~ You..! But yeah, I miss you too brother! Some things never changed."

"Like what?" Kris agog smilingly. I huff a dreamingly sigh as I remember the first day I've met him. "Remember what happened during our first day when we were in 1st grade?" I snort a giggle.

He laugh back, as if hearing the 'first day' isn't such a normal day for him. Kris scoffs, "Troublesome days."

"Bloody first day..!" I corrected as we burst into laugh, reminiscing how close we were with each other. Until then, the laugh turns into a complete silence because I wouldn't deny how I miss my best friend Sehun as well. He was indeed part of our past, our happy and bubbly past. It was such a crest-fallen when we lost him, wanting to go back into those happy days with him. 

"I just hope you've learned your lessons, Mr. Luhan. You may get inside the room now." Ms. Chaelin shows up from the door all of a sudden, but with an almost calm tone of her voice. Until then, her eyes gaze on Kris making her brows twitched in irritation. "And you Mr. Wu, you never change. Late as always!"

We both remained silent, like a puppy being scolded once again. "Where's Mr. Kim Jongin..?!"

"U-Uh.. Ms. Chaelin. Kai went somewhere just to avoid me." I lied but she got hooked up by it. "A-Alright! Silly kids, go inside now!" she said obnoxiously as she went back inside.

"She's a y monster, right?" Kris nudge my elbow suddenly, making the both of us smile ertedly. "Absolutely, how old is she anyway?" I ask, wondering. 

He hummed for awhile, "Hmm.. 5 years ahead of us if I'm not mistaken."

"It can be helped." I shrug, making the both of us laugh evilly as we both start to get inside the room. 

Meanwhile. Junior Class A's Room. Irene's POV.

Class has finally ended. Everything was fine, though I can't deny the fact that some of them call me not by my name, but 'pink '. Especially that Jackson guy. I'm so pissed off with him! Suddenly my phone beeped a message, I fish it from my pocket as I had a message with no other than--

Annoying Oppa~ 5:07pm

Jagiya, please wait for me at the field. We'll be having a short meeting about the soccer team and a lil bit practice. Okay? Don't go home without me!

I crinkle my nose in annoyance, babbling words from my mouth. "What..? So he thinks he's the boss?"

I snap back when I heard someone calling my name, I pivot back looking at Dara who's dragging Chanyeol with her as they went infront of my seat. "Irene-ah..! Let's be friends!"

Dara beams a smile, I was stunned to see such so I didn't know I was only giving her a look and forgot to respond back. Truth be told, I was glad that someone- somehow wanted to be friends with me despite of such an embarrassing event I've caused this morning. 

"U-Uh.. Dara, I think she d-doesn't want.." I watch Chanyeol stuttered in place, trying to get out from his place but Dara caught his hem, pulling him back. "..you don't want Irene-yah?" Dara worries as she slightly pouted. 

I snap back to reality as I stood up beamingly, reaching for a mutual shake. "Ofcourse I want to! I-I'm sorry but I just thought that I'm such a weirdo that nobody wants to be friends with me." I mumble a story but I shook it off, beaming a pleasant grin on my face. "Kidding aside, let's be friends..?" 

Dara was sticking along with Chanyeol's arms, I can see that she's not so mean after all. She kindly to my hand for a mutual shake yet my eyes seek around Chanyeol who've been avoiding to look at us. 

"Since we both hate bullies, I think you're interesting. We could make a team." She speaks conceitedly like a gangster. Why act so manly Dara? You're so pretty! "By the way, he's my best buddy Chanyeol. And Chanyeol, yah, say hi to her." she tug him close.

"Hi! I'm Chanyeol, I-Irene?" He greeted me nervously. I grabbed his hand for a voluntary shake, feeling his cold hands. "Hi Chanyeol, I'm not gonna eat you. Let's be friends! Don't worry I got your back. We'll stop those bullies!" I beamed like a superhero, the two of them laugh together.

"Laughing and smiling looks good on you Chanyeol." I winked and gave him thumbs up. Chanyeol blushed, "Really..?" 

"Yah..! I'm getting jealous. Let's go home now. Bye Irene!" Dara interrupted, dragging Chanyeol away and left me in an instance. I giggled as I watch how cute they were.

"They look good right?" A voice suddenly pops up. It was Seulgi who came in back the room laughing, looking at Dara and Chanyeol who rushed outside the room. "I thought you went home already?" I asked, "Nope, I just went to check something. It was nice seeing you meeting new friends. Keep it up." She walk towards the chair next to me as she sat facing me. 

"Ah yah..! Dara and Chanyeol. They're so funny." I nodded, smiling back at her. "You know what, their friendship is very intact. It's like your relationship with Luhan Oppa. But the only difference is that Dara's the one protecting Chanyeol all the time."

My brows clench curiously. "Why? I mean why do they bully him?" Her smile turns into a sigh as she shook her head. He leaned much closer to me, "It was during our freshman years. I could really tell that Park Chanyeol is the geekiest and weirdest guy ever. Yet, he's the most responsible and smartest one aside from Suho hyung, the Senior student council president."

I was blown exasperated, "So..? What's the problem with that? Being the smartest one is something to be proud of, don't you think?"

"Wait..! Calm down there, Irene-yah! I'm not yet done!" she laughs as I pursed my lips. "Oops, okay. I'm sorry, just continue."

"Then there's this Junior girl. Her name was Rila, she's was indeed the most beautiful yet it's so hard to say this but she's the freakiest ever. But before we know it, she met Chanyeol because he ran for the presidency spot for the frosh student council. Rila made friends Chanyeol, but the sneakist part of it was she only made friends with him because she wanted to him to do her homeworks and projects.."

I remained shut, yet trying not to interrupt her first. How could she do that to Chanyeol..?!

"Here's the irritating part, Chanyeol didn't notice that he's being used by Rila. He thought Rila was way too different with the other girls around the campus so later on he developed feeling for her as he started to confess infront of the students. But you know what Rila did..?"

"W-What?!" I asked, full curiosity was written on my face.

"She slapped Chanyeol infront of many students and she said.. "How dare you stupid dorkiest geekiest guy ever, do you think I'll fall in love with a guy like you? And why do you keep on following me? If I know you just want to molest me. You f****ng ert!" ..everyone was shocked after that. I can see that Chanyeol was hurt so much, he didn't expect that to happen. So after that, he's been bullied everyday of his life until now." She saddens.

I was shocked to hear Chanyeol's story as I never thought he experienced something like that. He doesn't deserve to be treated that way. But then, after all he's strong. I was left speechless. "So now you know already why he's being bullied. Even me, even though I want to defend him, still they can't be pleased." 

"I hope I can do something to stop them." I responded sadly. "Let's just hope so. But, I think you better not. You don't want to get bullied here, you'll be miserable just like him." She warns. "Anyway let's go home now!"

As I looked into my watch, it's already five thirty and I remembered my annoying brother's message. "I'm sorry, just go ahead Seulgi. I'll be waiting for Luhan Oppa."

"I see, kiss him goodbye for me Irene." She winked. "No way..! Ew!" I freaked. There's no way I'll do that. "Gotta go, bye Irene. Take care! I'll see you tomorrow then." She giggles as I watch her going out of the room.

Meanwhile. Almost Evening. Hallway.

I wore my bag pack as I turn the lights off since I was the last one to go out of the room. It's getting dark as I walk into hall but then I heard something creepy. But I won't let it scare me, I just thought it was just only my illusion. But I have this feeling that someone is following me from behind. I stop as I look at my back, but there was no one. Huffing a sigh, I just continue walking but all of a sudden someone grab my arm, dragging me to the locker on the side. 

I irk a sudden pain on my back, only to find out when my eyes darted up to see this annoying smug ever! His eyes fumed in anger, I tried to pull away from his grip but he trap me with his arm, I wanted to shout but he quickly covered my mouth with his hand as he leaned closer to me. 

"Hey, listen. I don't know who you are but because of you.. Hey, look! Look into my face!" He said grittedly. "See those? I had those because of you! Who are you anyway girl..!?"

My brows twitched in confusion. As soon as I knew it was him, I didn't get scared but I went hella mad to see him. I bit his hand and kicked his balls. "Why bother to know my name? It's not my fault why you got those, it was you. Don't you think it's your karma? Haha! Karma strikes like a thunder to you, how unlucky." I acted obnoxiously and smirked sarcastically.

"When people cheat, they only diminish themselves and they threaten their own self-esteem and their relationships with others." I added. "You can never find peace and love with others if you don't love yourself first. Have some respect Kai if you wanted to be respected too."

I had those out of my mouth, looking at him with full disgust. I watch him left speechless and at the same time he didn't look at me. I grabbed my phone which fell because of the impact. As soon as I grabbed it, he pushed me again into the locker. "You're interesting, you're different and I like that." He leaned and smirked at me.

I pushed him as I ran away. I quickly ran as fast as I could to reach the field. "Jagiya! Hey, why were you running?" Luhan oppa saw me as he halted me by holding my hand. I was shocked at first, but felt calm knowing the fact that I'm already safe.

"N-nothing. I just heard something creepy." I lied as I felt my voice cracking up a bit.

"What? What was it? And what took you so long to get here?" he exclaimed, but I tried to focus a bit. I huff a sigh, "I-I had some conversations with Seulgi." I lied once again.

"Seulgi? Your friend when we were little?" he shock, beaming a smile. "What a coincidence, Kris is here too..!" 

My eyes narrowed in shock, "Really..?! Kris Oppa is here?" I exclaimed happily. He nods as I never would have thought of a wonderful fate we had right now. My two special friends way back before, I know it was fate that we had to see each other again. Sehun Oppa, I know you're smiling right now. Are you happy to see us, your friends, seeing each other again? I wish you were here as well. 

~ x x x ~

A/N; woohoo kairene moment you got there huh, tho such a very bad one. lol how was this chapter so far? for me, chanyeol's the man! he's a geek here, but i love him! how dare that girl who slapped and used him! ugh~ anyway, don't forget to vote guys!

Love, Khai xx