5;; puppy love «flashback 1998»

fate (past or present) || exo ff

Puppy Love? It's going to be that smooth but extra mile even if it hurts; or not.

~~~

Flashback 1998. Seoul River Park. Luhan's POV. 

I couldn't even recall a day when we don't laugh and have bad moments with each other. Because with that four years, our bond and relationship became even stronger. Just like Sehun and I. We became best friends like what he had told me the very first day of school when we were in 1st grade. Though we might not share the same hobbies and skills; but we share the same insights with regards to my sister Irene. 

Sehun might not tell me but his actions speaks for himself; he likes my sister..

It was a sunny day at the park. It was a perfect time to jog and stretch my bones up. I was so glad that I was able to be part of the trainees for the soccer team in our school. It was my dream to be part of the South Korea's Soccer Team one day and I think this would be a great way to start everything up.

Right before I could start to sprint, my peripheral vision caught Sehun at my right. He was waving his hands as I waved back my hand too. "Luhanniee..! Getting fit?" he asked. 

I nodded an answer. "Yes! Do you want to join..?" I asked, warming up my toes. "Come on! Let's run!" I encourage him but he was doubting to respond back. "Sehunnie.. don't be scared! Running is good for the health you know? Come on, let's race..!" I hooked my hand on him as I let him warm up.

Sehun and I started to kneel and run. I feel every seat running down on my body. It feels so good to heat up. 

"Luhan..! W-wait for me!" I heard Sehun hollering back. I muffle a chuckle as I ran even faster. "Come on Sehun..! Beat me first!" I gasp, yelling back on him.

A moment when I thought I had ran much far from him, I couldn't hear and feel his presence and I felt something unusual. I stopped and looked back to find Sehun already lying hopelessly on the ground.

"Sehun-ah..!" I screamed out of my voice, my eyes darted largely frightened. I run back as fast as I could. I kneel down and hover my right arm on his head making him lie on my lap, Sehun was already pale and not answering me back. I'm being hysterical at the moment. I don't know what to do. I want to carry him but he's too heavy enough. All I can do is cry and shout for help. "Hey buddy.. wake up. Please!"

It wasn't that long enough when some people came to help us. They called the 911 and fortunately the rescue came. "Sehun-ah, jebal. Jebal.."

Meanwhile. Seoul Hospital.

"The patient's condition is quite stable for now. But please understand that he strictly needs to follow every order. This isn't really a cure, but his diet and physical activities must be controlled. At this rate, his heart's becoming weaker. I know you already know about this, but if you want to prolong your son's life, help him for just a little amount of time. But of course we shouldn't lose hope."

For now. A little amount of time.

Those words. I didn't have any intentions to hear the conversation between Mrs. Oh and the doctor. All I can hear were sobs of her after that. I don't know if I should come closer to her, because I'm indeed guilty of what I did. 

I was standing at the corner when Mrs. Oh saw me. "Luhan.. come here." says Mrs. Oh, wiping off her tears trying to smile.

Hesitantly, I walk closer to her. I lowered my head as I mumble what I feel. "I'm sorry Mrs. Oh, I didn't know everything. I'm sorry. It's my entire fault—"

"Luhan, it's okay. You don't need to blame yourself. I know that you heard everything and now you know about his condition, let's just hope he'll get better soon. Okay?" she leaned down at me and forced a smile on her face.

I was shocked to my surprise. For 4 years, I never thought that my best friend kept a secret about his health. I feel so guilty. I should've been more cautious and I felt so pity for his mom, I know she wants to cry it all out but she is indeed a strong woman.

"Come on, let's go inside. I'm sure he wants to see you Luhan." she stood up as she grab my hand. 

As soon as she opens the door, my eyes fixed instantly at my bestfriend who was lying on the bed with so many apparatuses that helps him to breathe. I can't help but to feel pity for him. I can't stand seeing him suffering and I know sooner or later he will leave us. But I'm praying that he will not.

"I'll wait here outside. Talk to him first." says Mrs. Oh and I nodded. She left the room and closed the door. Now I'm still looking at my pitiful bestfriend. I slowly trailed my hand on his hand before I knew he wakes up. 

"L-Luhan." he mumble, slowly opening his eyes as he tries to smile.

"Hey, Hey. Shh!" I said since I don't want him to speak because I know it would be hard for him. "I'm really sorry Sehun-ah. I didn't know. I should've not let you run and chase after me. I never knew you had this kind of situation." I said, trying to explain but tears suddenly rushed into my face. "I want you to be strong Sehun-ah. I want you to live longer for us. For my sister."

A brief moment of pause before I knew Sehun tears up as he tries to respond. "I-I will.. Just d-don't tell this t-to Irene. O-okay..? I don't w-want her to b-be sad." I nodded and heartfully smile on him. With those words. I kept it as a promise.

Meanwhile. Home.

Mrs. Oh drove me home before the sun sets down. As I went inside my room, I'm still thinking about what happened earlier and the fact that I already knew about Sehun's condition. Everything was unexpected and all I can do is to pray that somehow, my bestfriend will survive.

When I thought everything will be peaceful, a sudden knock on the door snaps me out from my deep confusion. The moment that I didn't mind to answer up, the knocking became monstrous. "Kyaa..! Open up! Oppa please!" It was my sister Irene who's got no manner on knocking the door. 

I enervatedly walk and as soon as I open the door, she rushed quickly onto my bed and lied down. "Yah..! Why are you here? I'm not in the mood right now. So please stop bugging me. Get back to your room." I said, pointing out the room. 

She cutely pouts which was my extreme weakness. "No oppa..!" she crosses her arms. "I have something to tell you. And it's about Sehun oppa.." she cooed, making her mood brighten with Sehun's name.

I gulped all of a sudden and I remembered the promise that we had earlier at the hospital. I must keep my mouth shut. "So? Go back now I said. Or I'm going to tell mom you're very flirty at your age." I quickly head closer to her, grabbing her hand as I drag her to the door but unfortunately she was indeed stronger than me.

"Hey..! W-wait oppa! I'll be sharing you something about us earlier this morning." she fought as she grips a hold on to the door, blocking it. 

"Share it to your facebook then," I rolled my eyes, trying to push her away from the door. 

"HAHA! FUNNY. VERY FUNNY." she said sarcastically which made me think of an evil plan again. 

"Well.. let's see who's funny..!" Instantly, I dragged her back inside the room pushing her to the bed, trapping her with numerous tickles as she laughs hilariously and breathlessly. "You got ugly face sis..!" I mock, laughing at her. 

"Kyaa..! Oppa please, stop!" she begs while laughing. Seeing her laugh makes my awful mood awhile ago fled away. I stopped and settled myself beside her. "Just kidding. Okay share it now to me." But I had this feeling that.. Maybe Sehun confessed to her?

Flashback Earlier This Morning. Third Person's POV.

Right before Sehun and Luhan met at the Seoul River Park. Sehun and Irene went back to the open area of their school where there is a huge tree and the ground with full of flying dandelions.

"Oppa? Why are we here?" Irene asks, looking at Sehun curiously.

"Because I want to see flying dandelions.. I-- I want to see you.." shyly, Sehun mumbled with his eyes locked on Irene's. It was full of sincerity but he thought that it is now or never. Irene was fully surprised she wanted to ask why but she found herself blushing at the moment. But the Sehun laughed on her reaction. "I just want you to come on my 12th birthday. Okay?"

"Woah..! You're closer to teenhood oppa." a slight huff of sigh, before her mood brightens. She giggles but Sehun remained serious. "Promise me you're coming. Okay?" he asks once again, leaning closer to her face.

Irene smiled as she nods gracefully. "Ne..! I will oppa!"

"And in that day, I want to give you something." he glanced away from her. But out of Irene's confusion she asks gripping Sehun's wrist. "What is it oppa? I'm excited." tugging him, but Sehun pivots his look back at Irene sticking out his tongue with a tease. "Secret..!"

Irene cringe her nose and pinched Sehun's face which made him cry in pain. "Ouch! Why do you always do that?"

"Because you always left me hanging..! You always disappoint me. You always say secret, next time and no. You're selfish..!" Irene babble out which made Sehun frowns and hurt. How much more if he tells her that he's suffering from an illness? He knows for sure he'll make her more disappointed at him.

A brief interval of pause when Sehun decided to speak up. "There's always a perfect timing for everything, Jagiya." he muffle a fake chuckle.

"Hmp..!" she crosses her arms, looking away from Sehun. "And why call me jagiya? Luhan oppa is the only one who can call me that—"

Sehun raised both of his arms as a sign that he loses the argument. "Okay okay..! I give up. I won't call you jagiya anymore." As he sticks his tongue out back. "But still I won't tell you why."

"Mwo?!" she gets agitated so she pinched Sehun's nose again.

The moment that  Sehun was so done being sabotaged by Irene, he quickly pulled her arms and forcely wrapped it onto his body. His heart beats fast as he didn't expect how close they are to each other. He didn't hesitate now to give a peck on her head. Puppy Love? It's going to be that smooth but extra mile even if it hurts; or not.

It was like a slow motion moment for the two. Yes indeed. Puppy Love.

End of Flashback

~ ღ ღ ღ ~

A/N; Readers, readers, readers. I'm sorry for giving a sad update. But hey, there's a purpose why I'm doing this. Hihi! You better stay and keep on reading 'cos you wouldn't know what would exciting event will happen next! Vote vote vote! Comment down your thoughts below! :)

Love, Khai xx