3;; smile «flashback 1994»

fate (past or present) || exo ff

Memory has always fascinated me. Just one look; everything's gone crazy. I couldn't think clearly. My heart thumps faster and faster. Why am I feeling this way?

~~~

Flashback 1994. Chung Dahm Clinic. Sehun's POV.

"Seonsaengnim?.." "Neh?" "I was wondering if I could check out my oh-so-pretty little sister for a minute? I want to know if she's okay." says Luhan, begging out on Ms. Yuri.

"I'm pretty sure she's okay, Luhan. No need to worry." says Ms. Yuri, giggling a little bit.

"Is she really pretty, Luhan?" Out of sorts, Kris butted in with a sudden curious look on his face. Luhan nods an answer before Kris panics back an interest. "Can I see her too? Please Ms. Yuri, let's visit Luhan's little sister. Jebal, jebal..!"

I muffle a sudden laugh when Kris started to kneel down on the floor, begging his life on Ms. Yuri. Luhan's scheme of sudden strange curiosity pinpoints a look on Kris. "Yah!.. why are you begging more than I do? She's my sister, I should be the one who's begging infront of seonsaengnim." he smirked.

"Come on, I'm already helping you out! Don't you want it?" says Kris, shrugging off his shoulders. A brief interval of pause, when Luhan joins in. I shook my head laughing infront of these two as they started to kneel back again on the floor, begging for Ms. Yuri's approval.

My name is Oh Sehun. Today marks one of the most unforgettable silly moments of my life. Never did I gained friends before, never did have one. It was always my dream to make friends without getting myself into trouble; just when Kris shows up. It wasn't really my mad intention to fight with him nor offend him with his black stuff that was stocked on his teeth. I just wanted to tell him but it ended up unexpectedly. I just thought when I'll be honest with someone, you can gain their trust.

Hopes were low at that time until Luhan shows up. I never thought that someone like him would definitely stands in between us-- he stands up infront of me when I was supposedly the one getting the fireball punch. Half of me felt bad about it seeing someone hurt because of me but I felt lucky because he has the kind heart of a friend that I was looking for my whole life.

It was hard dealing with my own self every time that I wanted to make friends when I know it'll end up very bad. You ask me why; soon enough my fears will come to an end because I am suffering from a disease which I, a hopeless kid, couldn't survive and couldn't stay long in this foolish world.

That's why as much as I'm reprimanding myself not to make friends, Luhan and Kris enters cruelly.

Full of laughter was gained inside the clinic, I never thought that these two would be my new found friends. Luhan is literally a funny person which you can easily go on with, he was gradually making jokes and he's been telling more about himself. Too bad, he's a prideful one when it comes to bragging about himself.

I was leaning against the wall when my gaze started to pivot through the window. I could feel the sunlight that plunges on my skin. Trees were downright and even the white dandelions that were swooshing around the field. Indeed it's such a wonderful day.

As I was glancing through the window, I saw this little girl who was having fun with her friend in catching those flying dandelions. Her smile was indeed the best, a heart-warming smile that could spread like a sunshine in such a dreary world. I didn't know I was thinking and staring too much on her; I found myself smiling back.

The realization about spending much negativity isn't easy, but smiling is painless. All throughout that I found myself suffering from a disease, time after time, I am losing from myself. But then her smile affects me, like I should smile until the rainbows span it.

Unexpectedly, my smile fades when I saw her bumped onto another girl. Her smile fades in a glimpse, seeing the girl she bumped into fell on the ground. She tried to help her up, reaching her hands but then she refused it and stood herself back.

Just when, she pushed the girl away and that-- that made her fall on the ground.

"Yahh!.. Sehun, you're spacing out too much!" says Luhan, snapping me out. "What are you looking at?"

Promptly, I found myself running ahead and left Ms. Yuri, Luhan and Kris in confusion. I run fast through the hallway, I didn't mind the teachers who were shouting back at me that I should not run, since it's a school zone and I might also trip off. But I didn't mind.

As I was about to reach the field, I saw Luhan running towards my direction much faster than me. I halted. But he was indeed serious and didn't mind me like he didn't saw me.

I gasp out of breath. I was catching my breath, clenching my chest out of pain I was having at the moment. There were a lot of sweat coming out of my body. I feel cold. I need air...

Meanwhile. Luhan's POV.

"Omo! Jinja? Thank you Ms. Yuri..!" I beam out as soon as I finally got Ms. Yuri's approval about seeing Irene for fifteen minutes. "Come on, let's go and see my little sister now!"

Just as then, my eyes darted at Sehun glancing through the window with an uneasy feeling. I don't know what's on his mind or what he saw. So I snapped him out. "Yahh!.. Sehun, you're spacing out too much! What are you looking at?"

But he didn't notice me that I was asking him. He just ran out the clinic and left us puzzled. I glance through the window wondering what he saw.

In my surprise, I saw my little sister Irene fell off the ground and being bullied with those three girls. Without further ado, I rushed quickly to get out of this room and ran as fast as I could to reach my pitiful sister. "I promised her that no one's going to bully her as long as I'm here." I gasp.

As I reached the ground where my little sister at, I rushed beside her and let her stood up. I can see her eyes that she was holding back her tears, but as I hold her in my arms and let her step back aside. I heard her sob.

"Yaa..! Why did you do that to my little sister?" I gritted on these three girls infront of me, I can't control my anger anymore. I just don't want her to get hurt.

"Wae? She was the first one. She bumped into me and I fell." says the girl who had her arms crossed, looking so mean. I don't want to answer her back anymore. I just looked at her and smirked. I don't want to hurt her since she's a girl and I'm a boy. Just as then, the girl together with her two friends fled from our sight.

I looked back at Irene as I gave a kiss on her forehead to show how worried I am and to let her know that she's already safe. "Jagiya.. don't cry anymore okay? Big bro's here already." I smiled infront of her and wiped away her tears.

"Oppa.." she lowered her head, mumbling an uneasy words from . "I'm scared. I didn't do anything to her. She might bully me again." she breaks down even more as tears were rushing continually on her cheeks.

"Trust me. Even they won't stop bullying you, I won't either stop protecting you. Okay? Smile jagiya." I said to make her calm, pulling her more on to me as I wrapped my arms around her.

"Thank you oppa.." she cooed, "You are really superman." she then gave me a peck on my cheeks and hugged me tightly as she giggles. I can feel her little hands on my back and it made me even happier seeing her now.

Meanwhile. Corner. Sehun's POV

I laid a rest somewhere, somewhere someone who can't see me. I grabbed a medicine onto my pocket and drank it. After a few minutes, I can already breathe well and I don't feel dizzy anymore.

Just as then, I remembered the little girl. I quickly stood up and walk towards the grounds. I felt good since I can already feel and breathe the fresh air then I glanced onto my right. I saw Luhan with the little girl. "I'll stay here first until your teacher comes back. Okay?" says Luhan, patting the little girl's back.

She cutely nods, squeezing Luhan's cheeks and giggles. She's so cute.

I don't know how to feel at that moment. I feel thankful that the girl is already safe but I hate myself for being sick. Even if I want to reach others, I can't. Instead of giving them help, I'm the one who is needing for help. "Sehun-ah..!" I snapped out from my awful thoughts when Luhan hollers my name. "Come here!"

I gulped before I step out and went towards them. I laid my eyes on the little girl, she's more beautiful up close. The moment she looked at me, I swear I found myself unable to speak even more; unable to think. "Yah! Sehun-ah.. she's my little sister, Kim Irene."

Irene.. So that's her name. It matches her so well.

"Annyeong oppa!~" I found myself just staring at her and didn't greet her back. I was fully star-strucked. "Yah! Oppa~" she started pinching my cheeks already. "Are you okay?"

The moment I felt her soft little hands on my face, I snapped out from my dorkiest thoughts inside me. "Hello, Irene." I gave her an aegyo smile. She smiled back, but then her teacher approaches us.

"Hi. I'm Ms. Sooyoung, are you my students?" says Ms. Sooyoung.

"Annyeong Ms. Sooyoung, we just thought of visiting my sister for a while but we'll be going now seonsaengnim." says Luhan, still his hands won't let go from Irene's. "Let's see each other later jagiya. Take care." he then gave a peck on her forehead. "Ms. Sooyoung, please look after for my little sister for me please? Jebal." Giving his last words for seonsaengnim.

I just can't help but to muffle a laugh. I am starting to admire Luhan now. He's so sweet and everyone will be lucky to have him as his brother. But he's lucky to have Irene as his sister.

"Bye oppa Luhan.. Bye oppa Sehun~" says Irene, waving her hands as Ms. Sooyoung accompanies her back to where the other kindergarten was.

As we were walking down the hall sauntering back to our room, I can't take away the smile from my face.I found myself halting as I've gone crazy on my thoughts. "Luhan, I left something near the library a while ago. You can go first. I'll go ahead."

Without hearing what would he answer, I already rushed and left him. The truth is, I need to go back. I want to see someone again.

~ ღღღ ~

A/N ; Hello there readers! Puppy love, Sehunie? How's the story going on so far? Keep on reading. Vote if you want and comment down your suggestions! :)

Love, Khai xx