6;; sehun's birthday «flashback 1998»

fate (past or present) || exo ff

It is important to feel anger without judging it, without attempting to find the meaning in it. Life is indeed unfair. Anger is a natural reaction to the unfairness of loss..

~~~

Flashback 1998. Room. Luhan's POV.

"Yah..! Are you listening?" I snapped out from my deep confusion right after she told me about what had happened to them this morning. Irene pinched my nose with her oh-so-cute pouting face gesture. Oh God, why is my sister so cute even when she's mad?

I nodded, "Okay.. so in three more days it will be Sehun-ah's birthday. So prepare yourself. Arraseo?" I winked, laughing myself out.

"It's not what you think..! ert!" she gritted, throwing the pillow directly on my face. It was so sudden and I wasn't ready for that. But I laughed as hard as I could.

"Mwo? Did I say something wrong?" I asked double-dealing against her as I tried to control my laugh. "N-nothing. But looks like." she rolls her eyes as she smirked.

"You're the one who's thinking things over." I said, really trying myself not to laugh. "I'm not. I just don't like the way you winked at me." and again, she rolls her eyes on me.

For a moment, I find myself staring at my little sister. She's indeed innocent and how bad I'm feeling if one  day comes she'll know about Sehun's condition. "You like him don't you?" I asked her directly. Even she didn't answer I can see her blush right away.

"I only like oppa because he's very nice to me." she mumbles cutely. When all of a sudden, I didn't expect that she'll answer right away. Aish~ I hate Sehun now. Irene should've had liked me instead. Not him.

"I'm warning you. Be careful." I laughed again while pushing her away from my room and then locked myself alone.

"Am I? Aish~" I whispered as I can't stop myself from laughing. What was that? What was I thinking? I lied down on my bed thinking things through again. I'm still a kid but why am I like this?

Just then I thought he already confessed. But it's good that he hasn't. Since I don't want my sister to be hurt soon and she's still young though. Knowing the fact that now I already know that my sister likes him too. I'm happy for them.

Irene's POV.

It's Sehun's birthday!

I can't wait. Since the last time I saw him was when the day he asked me to go on his birthday. I don't know why he's been skipping school for three days. Even my brother doesn't know the reason why. But that can't be possible, they are best friends right? He must know.

I've been missing him. I miss my oppa~

As soon as I get off my bed, I quickly took a bath and wore my favorite pink lace dress that my mom bought me last week. Everything she gives me becomes my favorite thing. I combed my hair and take glances on my face and tried to do an aegyo smile like oppa Sehun does when suddenly my mom entered my room.

"Oh, look at you honey. You're so pretty." says mom, beaming as she went in. She leans down and I gave her a peck on her cheeks. 

"Thank you umma." I smiled, responding to her. I glanced back to the mirror. Mom and I were looking at our reflection. She was looking at me all throughout. 

"Seems like you're preparing for something huh?" she asks and I nodded. "Look at you now honey, you look like a lady. But don't rush okay? I don't want my baby grow up too soon." she cooed, giving me a back hug. 

"Eomma.. I'm not. I'm just dressed today that's why I looked like a lady." I said, pouting my lips.

"Do you have a crush honey?" Out of sorts my mom asks me which made me blush all of a sudden. My mom's teasing me right now. It's way too awkward. Waaahh~

"Eomma..!~" I covered right away with my hand. I felt so shy, it's like I don't want my mom to know about this crush-thingy.

She chuckles as she tries to take off my hand. "It's okay dear. When I was on your age before, I also had my crush. I just adore him because he was so nice to me and he's handsome."

Out of nowhere, my eyes became bigger and I was indeed amaze to what she told me. "We're the same mum!~" I beam, but then I stopped and looked away from her. I never thought that I would be that excited because my mum and I had the same experience.

She then laughed. "It's okay honey. It's only natural adoring someone." I feel embarrassed right now. "So.. are you also going to your oppa Sehun's birthday? Your oppa Luhan said that he will be going ahead."

I nodded. Still feeling embarrassed. "So it leaves the two of us. Are you ready? Kaja..!" soon, she grabs my hand and we walked out the room. The last thing I know is that I feel so excited to see Sehun oppa.

Late Afternoon. Luhan's POV.

As I was walking and heading towards Sehun's house, I feel so unease. Since I was trying to call him every day, but he was not answering my calls. Ms. Yuri also doesn't know where Sehun was. Is it maybe because he's still in the hospital?

"Aish..!" I ruffle my hair in exasperation. "I should've gone and visit him yesterday." I said to myself when a car halts infront and someone went down the car. 

"Luhan-yah..!" It was Kris. "Are you heading to Sehun's house? Come on take our ride." I nodded and got myself inside the car. "Why were you walking?"

"Ah, I went to buy something for him." I said, looking at the small paper bag of gift I have for him.

"Ahh.." He nods. "Yah..! You know what, he's been gone for few days and he's not even answering my calls. How come? I've been bugging my mum yesterday, I want her to drive me onto Sehun's house. I'm so worried."

I looked at Kris as I can see and feel that he was also worried about Sehun like the way I do. "I don't know. He's not answering my calls either." I gasp.

"That's weird." he shrugs. Minutes after we reached Sehun's house. 

Sehun's House. Third Person's POV.

As soon as Luhan and Kris arrived infront of Sehun's house, they quickly ran and tried to knock the door. It was really strange. There were no sounds, even the lights were turned off and it feels like it's just a normal day.

Kris was knocking the door while Luhan felt there's something wrong. There were no cars were parked infront, means there's no guests.

"Yah~ you think it's strange. It's supposed to be Sehun's birthday, means there should be guests right?" Luhan wonders, peaking at both window corners but he saw nothing but dark.

Kris was looking to his left and right and looked back to see none. "I think this is not Sehun's house. Let's go."

"No..! Are you crazy, we already went here for like a hundred times." Luhan knocked his head. As the both of them were arguing, the door slowly opens. "Kyaaa..!!" In unison, Luhan and Kris yells out as they got frightened to what they saw.

But it was the caretaker of the house who faced them and looked closely at them as she smiles. She's in her mid-fifties and it was Luhan and Kris' first time to see her at Sehun's house. "Annyeong..!" She greeted them.

They huff a sigh of relief, "Annyeong halmeoni..!" Both of them nods with respect. By then, the caretaker already knew why the two boys were there so she smiled while the two boys nods and let them come inside.

As they enter the house, it was very quiet and some things were being packed up. Luhan and Kris were indeed curious, they can't be wrong that today is Sehun's birthday. Before Luhan could speak his mouth up, the caretaker then break down the silence as she walk towards them holding a box.

"Here.." she placed down the box infront of them and sat down. "Sit."

The two boys then obeyed her. The caretaker gasps and started to speak up. "I know. Today is Sehun's birthday. He wanted me to give this to both of you and Irene."

A moment of pause before Luhan open's the box. There, he saw two rolled papers, compilation of pictures and a bracelet made of dandelions. He was shocked to see those kinds of things infront of him. He took out the rolled paper with his name on it and Kris'.

He unrolled the paper and was shocked to see what was jotted on it.

~~~

Luhan and Kris,

Yah~ it's my birthday today. Thanks for coming anyway. Don't be sad if you didn't see me. But then, I'm still happy. Please continue the friendship we had. I will never ever forget it until eternity run out. Thank you for all those little memories we had. Be good guys, arraseo?

P.S Make her happy

Sehun-ah~

~~~

Meanwhile. Luhan's POV.

As soon as we finished reading his letter for us, I broke down. I felt weak and cried like a baby. What does that letter mean? It's like he's been saying goodbye.

Goodbye.

"What is this? Halmeoni, what is this?" Kris asks, unable to process everything.

But I was left speechless. I was just looking at the caretaker as she slowly closes her eyes as she gulped. She then stood up and went infront of us and kneeled to reach our sight. "I'm sorry. But he passed away 2 days ago." She then covered her face as she sobs but she grabbed us both and hugged us.

I-I was left speechless as I realized I was looking straight. Thoughts were flying without directions like dandelions. Even Kris on my left began to cry even more.

I can't believe I lost my very own bestfriend. I don't know what to feel.. But I think it is important to feel anger without judging it, without attempting to find the meaning in it. Life is indeed unfair. Anger is a natural reaction to the unfairness of loss..

And today I don't even know how am I going to say this to her.

~ ღ ღ ღ ~

A/N; *sobs like a little kid* This chapter's quite sad. I'm so so sorry. But I'll make sure to catch up with happy moments in the mere! So brace yourselves with more surprises! :) Who ships Irene and Luhan? LOL CRAY CRAY~ Comment your thoughts below and vote vote vote. Please? Jebal. :)

Love, Khai xx