A Sleepless Night

Roommate Wanted

Jinhwan sat in bed staring at the celing for hours, thinking about last week.

~~~Flashback~~~

"Is this a date?"  Jinhwan asked after he and Bobby had gotten seats in the school auditorium.  Jinhwan was blushing as he asked but he turned to face Bobby.  

"Hm?  Um... I mean, yeah...  I didn't know if you would say yes if I just asked you 'Do you want to go on a date to my cousins's school performance?' so I didn't mention it."  For once, Bobby was blushing harder than Jinhwan.

"I would have said yes anyway..."  The air around the two was awkward, anyone in their area could feel it.  To anyone looking from the outside in, it would seem like they were high schoolers themselves.  

~~~End~~~

There might as well have been hearts where Jinhwan's eyes were.  He was crushing so hard.  It was hard to talk about the date with Bobby beacuse they both got timid when the other brought it up.  He rolled over and exhaled, sighing deeply.  It was almost 1AM and Jinhwan hadn't heard Bobby come home yet.  Seeing he wasn't going to get any sleep, Jinhwan got up to have a late night snack.  As he ate some leftover noodles from dinner, he thought he heard the buzzer.  Jinhwan walked over to the panel near the door and looked to see who it was.  There was a figure standing by the door but it was too dark to tell who it was.

Bobby parked the car a few blocks from the apartment building and locked the doors.  Mino didn't have him there till closing anymore beacuse of Bobby's new job at the cafe, but he was still working late hours.  Bobby walked around the corner and walked up to the building door, taking his keys out.  

"Oh my God!"  He yelled when he nearly walked into a hooded figure.  "Aish, move."  The person pulled their hood down and revealed Goo Junhoe.

"Yah, you reported me to the police?!"  Junhoe pushed Bobby back.  There was fire burning in his eyes.

"What else was I supposed to do Junhoe?  You're stalking my roommate!  And I know that was your car that tried to run him over!"  Bobby pushed back, harder.  

"It was supposed to be you and me... forever..."  Junhoe sounded sadder than before and he trailed off.  "You promised..."  He took a few steps towards Bobby and reached out to cup his cheek but Bobby slapped his hand away.

"Stop.  We're done Junhoe, we've been done for four months!  Just stop doing this to yourself and move on."  

"Like how you moved on?  You just forget about me?!  A few months later and you're already dating someone else!"  Junhoe's eyes caught fire again, his voice shaking with anger.

"What are you talking about?  Jinhwan is a friend!"  Bobby tried to downplay whatever was going on between them as to calm Junhoe down.

"Bull!  I saw you two holding hands.  I saw you going out last week!"  Bobby had no reply, because it was true.  He stood there, silent for a moment.  "I KNEW IT!!"  Junhoe sprang forward and swung his fist out, catching Bobby off guard.  The two ended up in a full on fight in a matter of seconds.  However, not too long after the fight had started it was broken up by the sound of a police car siren.

"Yah, break it up you two."  Two officers were holding them back, mostly holding Junhoe back.  Bobby recognized one of the officers as Daesung, the one that helped them before.  Jinhwan came out of the front door soon after, still in pajamas.  He immediately regretted it though.  The second Junhoe saw him he pulled out of the officer's hold and ran at Jinhwan.  Bobby ran in front and pushed Junhoe back.  The two officers grabbed him and handcuffed him, putting him into the car.

"We looked into it and it seems like he has been stalking Jinhwan since he first moved in.  Do you want to file a restraining order?"  Daesung asked once he handled the other situation.

"Yeah, I think Bobby should get one too."  Jinhwan answered.  Daesung nodded and told them they would have to get lawyers to help with the case.  The thought of having to cover the expences of a lawyer made Bobby upset just thinking about it.  The two thanked the police officers and went upstairs to their apartment.

"You called them?"  Bobby asked, refering to the officers.

"Yeah, I thought I heard the buzzer so I went to look and saw you two fighting."  Jinhwan unlocked the apartment door and walked in.  "I think you're hurt, sit down."  His inner doctor was coming out and he quickly went to the bathroom to get a towel and a frist aid kit before Bobby could protest.

"Jinhwan it's fine, you don't-"  He was cut off by Jinhwan almost shoving him onto the couch so that he could clean the cut on the side of his head.  

"Here, for your lip."  He handed Bobby a tissue to stop the bleeding.  His lip had split open and he looked more or less like the night he came home from the fight.  Minus the limping.  Jinhwan dabbed at the cut on his temple, apologizing when Bobby winced slightly.  "At least you let me take care of it this time."

"I didn't want to face you last time."  Bobby looked up at Jinhwan, noticing how careful his movements were.

"Why?"

"I didn't want to have to explain."  But Jinhwan knew what it felt like to miss his family.  He could only imagine what it would be like if they were halfway across the world.  Of course he wanted to know how Bobby had gotten hurt, but he never wanted to seem nosy.  It wasn't his place so he tried to let Bobby tell him what he wanted about his life.

"I wouldn't have judged you.  I didn't judge you.  I get it."  I get you  Jinhwan finished in his head.  Bobby saw the care and understanding in everything Jinhwan did and something came over him.  He stood up and pulled Jinhwan closer to him.  Their lips brushed each others for a second before Bobby leaned down and pressed his lips against Jinhwan's.   Jinhwan stood shocked, not knowing what to do for a moment.  But he caught on quick and brought his arms up and wrapped them around Bobby's neck.

Jinhwan pulled away first, needing to understand what happened and needing to breathe.

"I like you"  Jinhwan said.  At the same time Bobby said, "We should go out."  

"Is that a yes?"  Bobby asked.

"Yes."  Jinhwan's heart was beating a million times a minute.  Bobby picked Jinhwan up at the waist and spun him around before setting him down and kissing him again.

"What about Junhoe?"  Jinhwan asked, pulling away again.  "What if he tries to hurt you again because of me?"  

"Don't worry about him, the police will figure it out.  He won't try anything else now."  Jinhwan nodded and then proceeded to yawn in Bobby's face.  Bobby's arms were still around him and he didn't want to ruin it.

"Sorry."  

"Now I'm sleepy too.  Crap I have work tomorrow morning.  Uggg~"  

"We should go to bed then."

"Together?"  Bobby had a wicked smile on.

"Yah!  I'm not that easy!"  Jinhwan backed up a step, feigning offence.

"Haha not like that.  You can sleep in my room.  The bed is bigger anyway."  Bobby pulled Jinhwan along to his bedroom.

"Wait I left the light on."  Jinhwan went back to turn the lights off and when he got back to Bobby's room he was shirtless and pulling a pair of basketball shorts on.  "Yah!"  

"What?"  Bobby turned around, surprised by the yelling.  

"Don't tell me you sleep without a shirt on."  Jinhwan groaned internally.  His reply was another bunny smile as Bobby laughed.  I really won't sleep tonight then.  Jinhwan thought.