Werk Werk Werk Werk Werk

Roommate Wanted

Bobby was driving to work when heard his phone chime so he ignored it.  After he got to the bar he pulled his phone out and checked the message.

Jinhwan: Someone stopped by after you left looking for you.  They sounded really angry.

"."  Bobby swore under his breath as he walked into the employee entrance of the bar/restaurant.

"Everything alright?"  Mino, Bobby's boss, asked.  

"Huh?  Oh yeah.  Just trouble with my ex."  He said.

"Junhoe still won't leave you alone?"  He asked, worried.

"Yeah, he was at my apartment just now."

"Oh, right!  What's your new roommate like?"  Mino raised an eyebrow.  

"He's cool."  Bobby went to put his backpack in a locker, walking past Mino.

"Ey~~.  That can't be all!  Is he cute?  What does he do?  Is he dating anyone?"  Mino followed Bobby and pestered him with questions.

"Hyung~!"  Bobby laughed, anxiously.  

"I'm just trying to get a feel for the guy.  So..."  

"So what?"

"Is he cute?"  

After a long pause Bobby addmitted that Jinhwan was, in deed, cute.  

"I knew it!  What else?"

"Hyung!"

"Come on Bobby I'm just curious!"  Mino pleaded in a childlike voice.  Despite Mino being a few centimeters taller than Bobby and a few years older, he acted more like a teenager than the manager of a bar.  

"Okay fine!  He's a college student, I think pre-med and I don't know if he's dating anyone.  But I would guess that if he was he wouldn't need a place to stay.  Can I get to work now please?"  

Mino stood in the doorway, blocking Bobby.  A couple seconds later he stepped to the side and let Bobby through.  He went behind the bar and started cleaning some of the left over glasses.  

"Hi Bobby-oppa!"  Soohyun said as she walked past him coming from the back room in all black with a note pad in her back pocket.  

"Can I ask you a question?"  She said, joining him behind the bar.  

"Go ahead." Bobby replied as he handed her a towel to clean some glasses.

"There's this guy I like, but I don't think he can tell.  He's pretty oblivious.  Should I tell him I like him?"  

"Yeah, you might regret it later."  He said matter of factly.  

"Thanks oppa!  I'll tell him at the party."  Soohyun's expression was more determined than ever.

"What party?"  Mino asked as he came out to turn the "Closed" sign to "Open."  

"My friend at school is coming back from Japan so we're throwing him a welcome home party.  Oh!  Mino-oppa you said we could use the bar right?"  

"Oh... Yeah.  Bobby,"  Mino turned to face his bartender.  "Make sure no one gets so drunk they won't remember the night, okay?" 

"Sure hyung.  I'll make sure these kids stay concious."  

Slowly, more employees arrived.  Mino yelled at Jinwoo and Taehyun for being so late but it was hard for him to get really mad so in the end he let them off the hook.  Inside the tattoo covered arms and the brooding figure was a fluffy and childish guy that just liked seeing other people be happy.

"Oh, Chaerin-ssi.  I didn't know you were coming tonight."  Mino said, greeting the owner at the door.  She was wearing a short cocktail dress and a big fur coat, her heels clicking against the floor as she walked to the bar.

"Jiyong wanted me to make sure everything was going smoothly, you know how he worries.  Don't mind me, I'll just sit here."  

"Hi noona!"  Bobby greeted.  He poured her a glass of wine.  

"Hi Bobby.  I hear you've got a new roommate."  

"Yeah."

"Does that mean it's over with June?"  She asked, taking a sip of her wine.

"Yeah.  I couldn't let him keep loving me when I didn't love him back anymore."  Chaerin sat and watched her bar come to life.  More people were showing up, sitting down, getting food, ordering drinks, having fun.  She finished her wine and said goodbye to the workers, going home to Jiyong to tell him the good news.

"Bobby, your shift is over.  What are you still doing here?"  Mino asked, coming behind the bar to get a customer a beer.

"I was just finishing these last orders."  He said, pouring a few drinks.  Jinwoo came over to pick them up and glided across the room to hand them to the customers.  "Okay, I'm done.  I'll see you tomorrow hyung."  He went to get his backpack and left out the back entrance.  He was stopped by a figure in front of him.

"Bobby..."  Junhoe started.  "I see you've gotten a new toy."

"June, he's just a roommate.  I met him for the first time today.  Stop jumping to conclusions."  He started to walk past his ex but Junhoe grabbed his arm.

"Bobby, I miss you."  He said softly.

"I don't.  I told you, I don't love you anymore.  You have to stop doing this to yourself."  Bobby replied.  He felt bad for dumping Junhoe, but it wasn't good for either of them to keep dating.  The only way he thought he could get Junhoe to move on was to be cold with him.

"I don't believe you.  Tell me you don't miss me, that you don't miss this..."  He leaned up and tried to kiss Bobby but he pulled out of Junhoe's hold and took a step back.

"I don't miss you.  I wish you would stop coming to my apartment too.  Jinhwan is gonna get creeped out."

"So that's his name..."

"If you want to be mad, be mad.  But don't keep dragging other people into this.  Bye Junhoe."  Bobby said.  He turned and walked out onto the street to his car.

It was almost 2AM when Bobby got home.  He had been driving around, trying to clear his mind.  He went straight to his room, not noticing that Jinhwan had fallen asleep on the couch.  The noise of the door unlocking woke Jinhwan up.  Through squinted eyes, he could see Bobby walking to his room.  Not wanting to get up, Jinhwan stayed sprawled out on the couch and went back to sleep.

At around 8AM Jinhwan woke up to loud noises in the kitchen.  He sat up and stretched, rubbing his eyes as he did so.  From where he was in the living room he could see the of his roommate rummaging through the refrigerator.  Ugggg he's doing it again.  This is going to be hard to adjust to.  Jinhwan thought, running his hands through his hair.  He got up and walked over to the kitchen to see what Bobby was doing.  When he called his name though, he got no reply.  Then he noticed the ear buds and tapped him on the shoulder.

Bobby jumped a little, dropping a banana as he ripped his ear buds out.  "Jesus hyung don't do that!"  Bobby yelled while Jinhwan practically fell to the floor laughing.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to scare you.  I just wanted to know what you were doing."  Jinhwan said between laughs.

"I'm making a smoothie, you want some?"  He asked, picking the fallen banana up.

"Sure."  Jinhwan leaned his elbows on the counter and watched Bobby throw fruits and vegetables into a blender.  With Bobby's back to him, Jinhwan could stare as much as he wanted at the way his muscles moved and the tattoo on his back.

"Here you go,"  Bobby said, handing Jinhwan a glass of green liquid.  He checked the time on his phone and cursed under his breath.  "I have to go, what time do your classes end?"  

"Umm, I think at 1PM today."  Jinhwan replied.  He took a sip of the smoothie and almost choked when Bobby stretched his arms up.  Bobby poured the rest of the smoothie into a tumbler and set it on the counter.

"Okay, I might be home around then.  Our schedules seem to be really different, it's a shame we don't have much time to get to know each other."  He said as he walked to his room.

"Yeah..."  Jinhwan said softly.  Bobby came back out in athletic clothes and with a duffle bag in hand.  His shirt was sleeveless, his sides completely exposed.  His hair was covered by a backwards snapback, from what Jinhwan could read it said "Been Trill"  on the sides.  With a small wave, Bobby was out the door and Jinhwan was alone.  Seeing the time, he started to get ready for class.  He showered and finished the smoothie, texting Yunhyeong while he got dressed.