Shopping

Roommate Wanted

Mid-Monday, Bobby got a call from an unknown number.  When he answered he was greeted by a woman's voice.

"Hi, this is Dara.  Your aunt is a friend of mine, she said you needed a job?"  The voice greeted.

"Oh, hello.  Yeah, she said you had a position open."  Bobby replied.

"I do.  It's not completely full time though, is that okay?"  

"Yeah that's fine.  I have a full time job but my shifts are always late."  

"Do Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at around 9AM to 4PM work?"  Dara sounded like a very cheery person.  She had a lightness to her voice that made her seem very friendly.

"Um, maybe something earlier?"  

"Yeah, what about 8AM to 3PM?  Do those days work though?"

"That's perfect, and Monday, Wednesday, and Friday are fine for me.  Thank you so much."  

"No problem.  Your aunt is a really good friend, I'm glad to be able to help out.  By the way, there isn't a strict uniform but you need a white button down and dark pants."

"Okay.  Thank you again."

"It's nothing.  I'll see you next week."  Dara ended the call.  Bobby was relieved that it all worked out but realized he didn't own any white button down shirts.  All of the ones he owned were black for the bar.  

"Hey, did everything work out?"  Jinhwan asked, peeking his head into the doorway of Bobby's room.

"Yeah, it worked out perfectly actually.  Except, I need to get white shirts.  Ugg I hate shopping for stuff like this."  He sighed.  

"I can help you look?  I just got back from my last class today."  Jinhwan offered.  

"Right now?  I guess we could go shopping now."  Bobby checked the time to see how long until he had to go to work.

"Yeah, come on.  It'll be fun."  Jinhwan walked in and grabbed Bobby's wrist, pulling him off the bed.  Bobby barely had time to grab his keys and wallet before Jinhwan pulled them out the door.  

"Wait, my car is over there."  Bobby said as they walked the opposite direction from where he was parked.  

"We can take a bus or just walk.  Besides, it's nice out."  Jinhwan finally let go of Bobby's wrist after realizing how long he had been holding it.  They walked towards a street with a lot of clothing shops and looked around.  The first store they walked into was really crowded and Bobby almost lost Jinhwan in the crowd of people.  

"Hey shortie, thought I was going to have to put out a missing person alert."  Bobby said once he found his roommate.

"Yah!  I'm not that short!"  Jinhwan said playfully.  Bobby just ruffled his already messy hair and they continued walking down the street, going into which ever stores looked good.  By the time Bobby had to get to work he had bought four white button down shirts, two with long sleeves and two with short sleeves.  They got on the bus and got seats in the very back.  Without realizing, Bobby had fallen asleep and was tilting to the side.  He bumped into Jinhwan's shoulder and woke himself up.

"S-sorry.  That's like twice now that I've done that."  Bobby said.

"It's fine.  You always seem really tired so I don't mind."  Jinhwan smiled.  "I think this is your stop, by the way."  He pointed outside to the street sign.

"Oh crap it is.  I'll see you at home."  Bobby shouted as he ran off the bus.  Jinhwan laughed and shook his head.

Bobby got home around 1AM because of the bus and went to hang up his new shirts.  The other bedroom door was open and he looked in, seeing a very peaceful Jinhwan sleeping.  Yes, I didn't wake him up this time.  Bobby thought.

Bobby woke up and saw a text from Donghyuk.

Donghyuk: Hanbin-hyung and I have tickets for our school performance.  He's dancing with his friends and I'm singing.  Do you want to come?  Mom can't make it because of work.

Bobby: Sure, what day?  

Donghyuk replied a few minutes later saying, Tomorrow.  Sorry for the short notice.

Bobby: I'll be there! 

Bobby: Wait, aren't you in class right now?

Donghyuk: Um... 

Bobby sighed and closed his phone.  He got up and went into the kitchen to have cereal and saw a note from Jinhwan.  "I had to go to class early to talk to my professor.  I don't think I'll be home by the time you go to work.  Have a nice day!"  He smiled and set the note aside.  

~~~Jinhwan At College~~~

"Hey!  Wait up!"  Jinhwan yelled, running to catch up to Yunhyeong.  

"Oh, hi!  Have you started studying for final exams yet?"  He asked, worried.

"No, I was going to start next week.  The tests aren't for a month or so."  They chatted about their classes while they walked to the lecture hall.  

In the middle of the lecture, Jinhwan got a text from Bobby.

Bobby: You got a package.  It's from some guy named Hongseok.

Jinhwan: Oh, thanks for letting me know.  You can just leave it in the kitchen.

"Hyung, who are you texting?"  Yunhyeong asked, leaning over to look at Jinhwan's phone.

"Hm?  Oh, just Bobby."  He said casually.  Yunhyeong raised his eyebrows and winked.  "What?"

"Do you like him?"

"He's nice."  Jinhwan started blushing a little.  

"Eyyy, hyung.  You're blushing so much.  You totally have a crush on him."  Yunhyeong nudged him a little and winked again.

"Okay just a little one though."  Jinhwan gave up trying to lie.  All of his friends could tell when he was lying anyway so it was no use trying to hide things from them.

"Excuse me, could you two be quiet?"  Someone sitting in front of them asked.  Yunhyeong stuck his tongue out at him when he turned back around.

"Tell me after class.  You don't have another class after this right?"  Yunhyeong wispered.

"I have to help out at the library for a few hours.  And I was going to try to study."

"No time for that.  We're getting coffee and then you're telling me all about this."  The guy sitting in front of them turned back around but Yunhyeong gave him a chilling glare, shutting him up before he even started talking.

Once they had bought ice coffees and were settled on the big lawn on campus, Yunhyeong started his interrogation.

"He is pretty cute.  Do you think he likes you back?  Is he even gay?"

"I don't know if he likes me that way but he did say he had an ex boyfriend."  Jinhwan answered awkwardly.  

"Ooh!  This is good.  You have a chance.  Soohyun talks about him all the time.  I would have thought she had a crush on him if she wasn't so clearly crushing on you."  

"Is she mad at me?  I feel bad.  I called her but she never replied."  

"Oh don't think you can change the subject like that.  But no, she was just really sad.  Back to you, are you going to tell him?  What if he does like you?"

"I don't know.  I haven't really thought of that."  

"You haven't imagined walking through the park holding hands or anything?"  Jinhwan blushed even harder, thinking about yesterday when they were shopping.  "What are you hiding?"  Yunhyeong noticed how red Jinhwan's cheeks were and knew something was up.

"N-nothing.  Just yesterday we went shopping and I-I kind of held his hand for a little."  

"You what?!"  Yunhyeong shouted.  Some of the other students on the lawn looked over in their direction but lost interest pretty quickly.  

"Shhhh, you're making a scene."  Jinhwan said.  

"Whatever, they can deal with it.  You held his hand?!"  Jinhwan nodded, his cheeks ten different shades of red.  "So you basically got to first base already."  

"Yah!  Don't say it like that, it sounds weird."  Jinhwan's phone dinged but Yunhyeong grabbed it out of his hands before he could see what the text said.

"OH MY GOD HE'S ASKING YOU OUT!!!"  Yunhyeong shot up and bounced around.  He was more excited than Jinhwan and he wasn't even the one being asked out.

"YAH SONG YUNYEONG!"  Jinhwan yelled after him.  Yunhyeong had taken his phone and was running away, texting something into it.  Jinhwan grabbed his backpack and ran after him, hoping he wouldn't be too late to stop whatever crazy plan Yunhyeong had.

"Too late!"  Yunhyeong said once Jinhwan caught up to him.  He handed Jinhwan his phone with the biggest smile.

"Yah!"  Jinhwan shoved Yunhyeong a little, annoyed with his friend.  He read the texts and got even more frustrated.

Bobby: My cousins have a performance tomorrow at 5.  Wanna go with me?

Jinhwan: Sure, that sounds like fun.  Can't wait!  ;)

"Song Yunhyeong what have you done?!  Why did you put a winky face after?!"  Jinhwan felt like the world was crumbling around him.  Of course he wanted to go, he would have replied yes anyway, but Yunhyeong just had to make it weird.

"It's no big deal, I'm sure he won't even notice.  Don't you have to go help at the library?"  Yunhyeong was a clever person, timing it just right so that Jinhwan wouldn't have time to yell at him more than he already had.  Jinhwan checked the time on his phone and swore.  

"I'm still mad at you!"  Jinhwan yelled as he ran towards the library.  But as he was crossing the street, a car came speeding out of no where.

"Hyung watch out!!!"