Is This A Date?

Roommate Wanted

Jinhwan felt someone yank him backwards and he fell back as the speeding car zoomed past him.  Whoever he fell on, they saved his life.  If they hadn't pulled him back at that exact moment Jinhwan would be a pancake.

"S-sorry."  Jinhwan stuttered in his state of shock.  He got off the person under him and almost fell back down again.

"Woah, are you okay?"  Hongseok asked.  

"Yeah, I just didn't recognize you for a second.  What are you doing here?"  Jinhwan was more confused than anything now.  Yunhyeong had run to where the two of them were standing and just saw who Jinhwan was talking to.

"Oh, Hongseok-hyung?"  

"Hi Yunhyeong!"  He greeted.  "And someone texted to come to this street corner but I don't know why.  I guess it's just really lucky that I got here when I did."

"Yeah, thanks.  Oh and how did you know my new address?"  

"What?  I thought you were staying with friends?"  It was Hongseok's turn to look confused.

"You sent a package to my new apartment.  Right?"  Jinhwan was getting very suspicious of the whole situation.

"No... I didn't even know you moved."  

"That's weird..."  At this point there was no hope to get to the library on time.  Plus, there was a mystery to solve that was much more interesting than restocking bookshelves.  Jinhwan called Bobby to see if he knew anything.  

"Come on pick up."

"Hey Jinhwan.  What's up?"  

"Can you open that package that came today?"  

"Um, yeah sure.  Why?"  Bobby put his phone on speaker and went to find something sharp to cut the tape off the box.

"Uhh... I just ran into Hongseok and he says he didn't know I moved."  

"That's weird... J-Jinhwan I'm gonna have to call you back."  Bobby had opened the box and found folders of pictures inside.  They were all taken from far distances and many were grainy.  He ended the call and put on the first pair of shoes he saw.  In seconds Bobby was out the door.

"What?  Bobby?  Yah!"  Jinhwan was talking to air.  "He hung up on me..." He said, resigned.  Seconds later he got a text that read: Bobby: Meet me at the police station near the apartment.  Bring whoever was with you.

"What does it say?"  Yunhyeong asked.  

"He wants us three to meet us at the police station.  Whatever was in the package must have been pretty serious."  Jinhwan said.  The three of them started walking towards the bus and rode towards the police station that Bobby told them to be at.

"I need to speak with an officer."  Bobby announced as soon as he walked into the police building.

"One moment sir, someone will be out soon."  Bobby sat on one of the plastic chairs in the lobby and waited, his knee bouncing from anxiety.

"Hello young man.  My name is Officer Kang Daesung."  An officer walked out and led Bobby to his desk.  "What is it that you needed to talk about?"  Bobby set the package on the desk and pulled out the pictures.

"These look like they were taken by someone who didn't want to be seen."  Officer Kang noted.

"Yeah, they're of my roommate.  He should be here soon.  But the thing is, the package says Yang Hongseok sent them but my roommate was just with Hongseok and he said he didn't know he moved."  Bobby tried to explain the situation.

"I'm sorry, can you-"  The officer started but was interupted by Jinhwan, Hongseok, and Yunhyeong walking into the room.  Someone near the door pointed them towards Officer Kang's desk and they went over.

"This is Kim Jinhwan, my roommate."  Bobby introduced the new people.

"Hello.  This is Yang Hongseok and Song Yunhyeong, sir."  Jinhwan said.

"Hello boys.  I am Officer Kang Daesung.  Can you all explain the situation one more time?"  He asked, still confused.

"Bobby texted me and said I had a package from Hongseok.  Coincidentally, I ran into Hongseok a few hours ago.  He pulled me back from getting hit by a car.  I asked him how he knew I moved because we haven't kept in touch and he said he didn't know I moved."  Jinhwan explained very clearly.

"He told me about the package and I was confused because I never sent anything.  I mean, how could I?  I didn't know where he was living."  Hongseok added.

"Okay, so this package is not from you.  If it's not from you,"  Daesung gestured to Hongseok, "then who is it from?"  

"I don't know sir, that's what we wanted to find out."  Jinhwan replied.

"I know who it's from."  Bobby spoke up.  All four of them turned and looked at him.  "It's from my ex Goo Junhoe."  

"Why would your ex send your roommate photos of himself?"  Daesung asked.  Just when things made a little sense they got more complicated.

"We didn't have the smoothest break up.  He's bitter about it so I guess when he heard I got a new roommate he started assuming things and did... this."  Daesung folded his hands on his desk and thought for a moment.  This made sense.  There were other cases similar to this.  Old partners would get jealous or act out after a break up and start stalking either the ex or the new partner.

"Wait, did you say before that you almost got hit by a car?"  Bobby asked, turning to Jinhwan.  

"Yeah, I was crossing the street and this car came out of no where.  It wasn't even their light."  

"Do you know what street this was?  I can look for the liscense plate if you would like."  Daesung offered.  He still wanted to figure out the whole stalker situation for these boys but that could take a little time.

"Um, sure.  They probably shouldn't be driving if they are careless enough to ignore the traffic lights."  Jinhwan told Daesung what corner he was on and he looked up security footage from the area.  

"Is this the corner?"  Daesung asked.  Jinhwan, Yunhyeong, and Hongseok all nodded.  The officer played the footage through then went back and slowed it once they found the time that the car sped past Jinhwan.

"Can you figure out what liscence plate that is?"  Yunhyeong asked Daesung.  

"I can but it could be a little while."  

"You don't have to.  That's Junhoe's car."  Bobby pointed to a bumper sticker of big yellow smiley face.  

"Why would Junhoe want to run Jinhwan over?"  Hongseok wondered out loud.  

"I think I know what's going on.  I'll take a look at this and get back to you two if I find anything."  Daesung said, getting up from his desk.  He took down Bobby and Jinhwan's numbers and got their address before escorting the 4 boys out of the building.

"So that's it?  That guy is still out there.  What if he does something like this again?"  Yunhyeong said.

"Don't worry, your friend will be fine.  I'll get a few officers to be around the apartment and such to make sure nothing else happens."  Daesung patted him on the back and waved good bye.

"It'll be fine Yunhyeong.  And it was nice to see you Hongseok, even though it wasn't the best circumstances."  Jinhwan hugged his friends.

"Yeah, same to you.  I'll see you around Jinan."  Hongseok said as he walked towards the bus stop with Yunhyeong.

The two roommates turned the opposite way to walk to their apartment.

"Is Jinan a nickname?"  Bobby asked.

"Oh, yeah.  People called me it a lot when I was younger and it kinda stuck."  Bobby nodded and kept walking, his hands in his pockets.  "Do you have any nicknames?"  

"Um..."  

"What?  It can't be that embarassing."  Jinhwan playfully shoved Bobby a little with his arm.

"No it's just... my mom is really the only one that calls me it.  She calls me CYD Kim."  Bobby stared at the sidewalk as they continued their walk home.

"What does it stand for?"  Jinhwan's voice was sweet.  He wanted to get to know everything about Bobby.

"Catch your desire.  She always wanted me to chase my dreams and do what I wanted."  

"That's really nice.  She sounds like a really great person.  I hope you can see them all soon."  The mood was somber as they approached their building and Jinhwan noticed Bobby sniffle and wipe his eyes.

~~~~~The Next Night~~~~~

"Jinhwan!  It's almost 4, we have to leave soon!"  Bobby yelled from outside the bathroom.

"One minute, my hair is a mess."  Jinhwan's muffled voice replied.  Bobby sighed and opened the door.

"Your hair is always a mess.  It looks fine, come on traffic is going to be crazy."  He ruffled Jinhwan's hair and dragged him out of the bathroom.

"I was thinking we should take the subway.  Finding parking will be hard and it could take longer."  

"Okay.  That makes sense.  We should still leave now though."  Bobby went to put shoes and a light jacket on.  A few minutes later and they were out the door and on their way to the subway station.  Rush hour was just starting and the whole train was packed.  Jinhwan and Bobby got into the least crowded car they could find but still ended up almost uncomfortably close to each other.  Bobby was leaning against the door and Jinhwan was trying his best not to fall foreward and right into him.   They finally reached their stop and quickly got out of the subway car.  As they sat down in the school auditorium, Jinhwan turned to Bobby and asked...

"Hey, is this a date?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

AN: Heyyyyy new update XD  comment what you think and thank you for waiting <3 <3 <3 I don't know how much longer this will be, I had started this thinking it would only be 5 chapters but now I don't know ... it's nearing the end soon though don't be sad readers :)