The Party

Roommate Wanted

It was Friday and Bobby had another late shift.  However, tonight was Soohyun's party so he had to cut the party off at 1AM at the latest so he wasn't working as long.

"Bobby, make sure you lock up.  Taehyun is cooking but he said he had to leave before the party ends."  Mino said before he left the bar.  They had stopped regular guests and were clearing the restaurant out so Soohyun and her friends could set up for their party.  

"Sure thing hyung."  Mino handed Bobby the keys to the bar and walked out into the night.  It was almost 8PM and the only other people there were Soohyun and Taehyun.

The first person to show up was Yunhyeong.  Bobby wondered if he was the one Soohyun had a crush on as he watched them blow up balloons and hang streamers.  Minzy was the next to arrive, carrying large strawberry cream cake.  She went to help the other two hang a "Welcome Back" poster and then went to the kitchen to help Taehyun bring out some food.  Slowly, more people arrived and the party came to life.  Jinhwan was the one in charge of getting Chanwoo to the party.  They arrived at about 8:35PM.  The look on Chanwoo's face when the lights were and everyone yelled "Welcome back!" was priceless.  

For the most part Bobby didn't really do much.  There were a few people that wanted drinks, but none of them were chugging it down.  

"Taehyun-hyung?  Can you watch the bar for a few minutes?"  Bobby shouted from the door to the kitchen.

"Sure, just getting some air?"  

"Yeah, it's kind of stuffy in here."  Bobby let the kitchen door swing shut and went out in front of the building to stretch and breathe.  Jinhwan was talking to Soohyun when he noticed Bobby was even in the same room.

"Oppa~!  Are you even listening to me?"  Soohyun asked in her aegyo voice.

"Hm?  Yeah, sorry got distracted for a second.  What did you want to tell me?"  

"Um... I-I really like you."  She blushed and hid her face in her hands, waiting for him to reply.

"I like you too, you're a great friend Soohyun."  When he said "friend"  Soohyun's expression dropped a little.

"No, like, I... I have a crush on you..."  Jinhwan's eyes lit up as if realizing something that had been staring him in the face his whole life.

"Oh!  Um... that's really flattering but... um... I... I don't like girls..."  He replied nervously, playing with a button on his shirt.

"Wh-what?"

"I'm gay..."  Jinhwan had already gone through this with his parents and most of his friends, but he forgot that Soohyun didn't know he had had a boyfriend before.  They had met each other at the beginning of Soohyun's first year of college.

"Oh."  Soohyun said, deflated.  "Um... can you excuse me for a minute?"  She asked, covering her face again, this time to hide her tears.  She was lightly sobbing, running to the door, when she slammed into Bobby.

"Hey, Soohyun,"  Bobby said, grabbing onto the sides of her arms to steady the both of them.  Jinhwan had run after her but Yunhyeong stopped him.  Yunhyeong was standing by the entrance, watching Bobby and Soohyun talk.  "What's wrong?  Why are you crying so much?"  He asked, genuinely concerned.

"I-I told Jinhwan I like him and he d-doesn't even like girls."  She sobbed, leaning on Bobby's shoulder.

"Jinhwan?  Oh... well, at least you told him."  He hugged her, trying to comfort her.

"I wish I hadn't."

"Think of it this way, if you hadn't told him you might regret it later.  And besides, it's not like he doesn't like you he just doesn't feel that way for girls in general.  I'm sure you two can still be friends."  

"Y-yeah, I guess so."  Soohyun wasn't crying as much and her breathing was steadying.  She was calming down, thanks to Bobby's help.  

"Do you want to go back inside?"  Bobby asked, sounding like a concerned parent.

"Um, I might call Chanhyuk to come pick me up."  She replied, looking down at the sidewalk.  Yunhyeong walked over to see if he could be of any help, hands in his pockets, his expression shy and nervous.

"H-hey, Soohyun?"  He started, looking nervously between Bobby and Soohyun.

"Hm?  Oh, Yunhyeong-oppa." 

"Hi, um... if you need anything I can try to help."  Yunhyeong was blushing, hoping he wouldn't get shot down.  Then, Bobby realized something.  He was pretty sure that Yunhyeong had a crush on Soohyun but she couldn't tell because she was only looking at Jinhwan.  When he was cleaning glasses at the bar, the two of them were laughing a lot and joking around with each other as they set up for the party.  

"Yunhyeong, you drove here right?"  Bobby interupted.  

"Oh, yeah.  I could drive you to your dorm.  I'm getting tired too, it's almost midnight.  I was gonna go home soon anyway."  

"That would be great, acutally.  Thanks."  They both said goodbye to Bobby and walked to where Yunhyeong's car was parked.  Bobby watched them turn a corner and went back into the bar, bumping into Jinhwan.

"Bobby?"  Jinhwan said, confused.  "What are you doing here?"  

"Oh, right.  I'm a bartender here.  I guess I never told you where I work."

"Yeah.  So you work with Soohyun?"

"Yep."

"Is she okay?  I feel bad, I didn't mean to make her cry."  Jinhwan ran a hand through his hair, nervously.  

"She'll be okay.  I don't think she's going to hate you or anything.  I'm sure you two will be fine in a few days."  Bobby patted Jinhwan on the shoulder and walked past him to the bar, making sure no one stole a bottle.  Jinhwan had been watching Bobby and Soohyun talking and it shocked him how fast she calmed down while talking to Bobby.  Whatever he was saying, it was helping tremendously.  

"Hey, Bobby?  I have to leave soon, Mino-hyung left the keys with you right?"  Taehyun asked, stepping out of the kitchen.  He was untying the apron wrapped around his waist, his hands covered on some sort of sauce.

"Yeah, you can go.  I can lock up by myself.  I'll see you on Monday."  Bobby waved goodbye.

"Oh, right.  There are two kids out back asking for you.  I think they said they were your cousins."  Bobby sighed, raking a hand through his hair.  

"Can you tell them to go home?  I'll see them tomorrow anyway."

"Sure thing.  Anyway, goodnight."

"Night."  Bobby pulled his phone out and saw he had multiple missed calls from both Hanbin and Donghyuk.

The last hour of the party went by like a blur.  Chanwoo left a little past midnight and soon after so did most of the other guests.

"Bobby?"  Jinhwan said, standing to the side of the bar, waiting for Bobby to reply.  They were the only two left in the room.  

"Oh, what's up?"  He was putting away some of the bottles and cleaning the bartop off.

"Is it okay... Can I... Um, will you-"  Jinhwan struggled to find the right words.

"Do you want a ride home?"  Bobby finished for him, smiling.

"Yeah..."  Jinhwan looked down at the floor, trying to hide his embarassment.  

"Hahaha, are you always this nervous?"  

"Sometimes.  Sorry..."  

"It's okay, I just have to finish cleaning up.  Can you grab those glasses over there?"  Bobby pointed to a group of tables in the middle of the restaurant.

"Sure."

Together they finished cleaning and left the bar.  Bobby locked the door and pulled the gate down, putting a lock on the gate as well.  They got in Bobby's car and started driving.

"Can I put on some music?"  Bobby asked soon after starting the car.

"Yeah, go ahead."  Bobby pointed to his phone.

"You can just play whatever you want, I like a lot of types of music."  Jinhwan put on some of the recent hits and the two of them jammed out.  Without realizing, Jinhwan started singing along.  Bobby turned in awe.

"You sing really well."  Bobby said, amazed at how beautiful Jinhwan's voice sounded.

"Oh, thanks."

"Did you ever want to be an idol?  Like, sing for a living?"  

"I thought about it when I was little, but I just like singing for fun."  Jinhwan lied.  Truthfuly, Jinhwan loved singing more than anything, but his parents had convinced him that it wouldn't work out so he gave up.  "Do you sing?"  

"Oh, no.  Not at all really.  I like rapping more."  

"You rap?"  Jinhwan asked, shocked by this new information.

"Yeah.  It's just a hobby."  

"Can you rap right now?" 

"What?  N-now?  I mean, I don't really have stuff memorized."  Bobby said, caught off guard by the request. 

"I can play a song and we'll do it together."  Jinhwan offered.  He didn't wait for a reply and put on a song that he knew had both vocal and rap parts.  "Do you know this song?"  

"Yeah"  Bobby saw Jinhwan was not taking no for an answer.  The new song Apology by monster rookie iKon started playing.  Again, Bobby was amazed by how sweet Jinhwan's voice was.  Then the rap part came up and the words just started flowing.  Jinhwan started back, equally amazed.  The song ended and no words were exchanged.  They both could tell what the other was thinking.  "That was beautiful."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

AN: Who's super hype for this iKon comeback?  The Bobby solo track is going to slay me, no joke.  Comment what you think, either the story or the comeback... thanks for reading!