Secret's Out

Roommate Wanted

On Saturday Jinhwan was looking forward to maybe hanging out with Bobby, but his roommate didn't wake up until well past 10AM.  Instead, Jinhwan texted Chanwoo and made plans to go out with friends.  When Bobby finally woke up and made his way to the kitchen, Jinhwan was dressed and getting ready to go out.  

"Damn, what time is it?"  Bobby asked, rubbing sleep out of his eyes.

"It's almost 11AM.  You must have been really tired."  Jinhwan said, putting his keys in his pocket.

"Yeah.  Are you going out?"  

"Yep, I probably won't be back until night."  Bobby nodded and sat down at the kitchen counter.

"I'll be out late, don't stay up."  

"Okay, then I guess I'll see you tomorrow."  Jinhwan slung a small backpack over his shoulder and walked towards the front door.

"See you tomorrow."  Bobby replied, leaning forward a little as if he could fall back asleep at anytime.

Around noon the buzzer went off, jolting Bobby awake.  He had actually fallen asleep at the kitchen counter.  He shuffled over to the panel by the door and saw his cousins at the front door.  Bobby let them in, unlocked the door, and went over to lie down on the couch.  

"Hyung!!"  Hanbin shouted as he walked into the apartment.

"Shhhh Hanbin, there are other people in this building."  Donghyuk chastised his brother, despite being two years younger.

"Why didn't you come out last night?  It was important."  Hanbin ignored Donghyuk and went over to stand by the couch.

"I had to watch the bar and Taehyun had to leave.  Just tell me now."  Bobby covered his eyes with his arm, blocking the sun out.

"The guy you were supposed to fight dropped out.  You automatically go to finals!"  Hanbin said with entusiasm. 

"Yah!  Don't make it sound so good, the other finalist calls himself the Young Lion."  Donghyuk wasn't as optimistic as his brother.  

"So?"  Bobby sounded indifferent, not really caring who this Young Lion was.

"You're both undefeated.  He's going to be tough to beat hyung."  Donghyuk informed.  

"Donghyuk!  Don't be so negative!"  Hanbin shouted.  "Hyung, you'll be fine.  It'll be a piece of cake.  Don't worry."  He told Bobby.

"Thank you for telling me but I really just want to sleep right now.  Can you two go?"  

"Can't we stay here?  We need a ride to the ring anyway."  Hanbin pleaded.  

"Ugggg... Fine.  Just don't bother me."  Bobby said, annoyed.  Hanbin rejoiced while Donghyuk gave him a sidelong glance.  Hanbin grabbed the TV remote and a movie, falling onto the couch and partly onto Bobby's legs.

"Yah!  Kim Hanbin!"  Bobby shouted, sitting up.

"What?"

"I just said don't bother me!"

"Hanbin we should just go home and come back when it's closer to night.  Bobby-hyung want's to rest and we're just annoying him."  Donghyuk pulled his brother off the couch and towards the door. 

"I promise I'll be good."  Hanbin begged.  

"Whatever, it's not like I wanted to sleep anyway..."  Bobby said sarcasticly.  He got up and went to the kitchen to get something to eat.  When he opened the fridge and sighed.  Bobby hadn't bought groceries in a week and the fridge was almost empty.  "I have to go out to get groceries."  He put on a pair of sneakers and grabbed his keys, Hanbin and Donghyuk trailing behind him like puppies.

The three of them got back from shopping an hour later.  Hanbin went to lie down on the couch while Donghyuk and Bobby put groceries away, complaining from having to carry so many bags.  Bobby made sandwiches and they all sat down at the table to eat.  

"Hyung, it's almost 3, should we go?  It's kind of far away."  Donghyuk asked, looking at the time on his phone.

"Sure.  I just have to get some stuff."  Bobby said, going into his room.  He packed some gym clothes, his gloves, and his headphones into his duffle bag.   "Okay, come on."  He herded the two boys to the door and locked the apartment behind him.

The drive was quiet, Hanbin was listening to music and Donghyuk was napping.  They pulled up to a shaddy looking gym and went inside.  There were already tons of people there waiting in line for good seats.  Some of the people waiting recognized Bobby and shouted support, a few of them even had signs.  Bobby waved and went into the gym, going to a corner to stretch and warm up.  At some point, the announcer came into the room and informed Bobby that his opponent would be late.

"Jeez, guy can't even get here on time."  Hanbin scoffed.

"Don't talk about someone that could beat you into the ground."  Bobby scolded.  He grabbed a jump rope off a wall and started jumping.  Music was coming from the speakers, the bass filling the room.  Bobby's mind was on nothing other than winning.  The prize was 1,000,000 won, enough to get him a round trip flight back home.  

"Yah!"  Hanbin shouted, pulling Bobby out of his own head.  "He's here.  The fight is going to start soon."  

"Okay."  Bobby stopped jumping rope and grabbed a bottle of water.  A guy about Mino's height walked in the door and set his stuff on the opposite side of the room.  It was about an hour past when the fight was supposed to start and the audience was getting impatient.  Bobby could see Mino in the front, sitting with Hanbin and Donghyuk.  The crowd's cheering was deafening.  It was a surprise no one walking past the building heard them.

"All right, let's get started.  Sorry Seunghoon-ssi, you won't have time to warm up."  The announcer informed.

"It's okay, I did some stretches before I got here."  He said, walking towards the ring in the middle of the room.  Bobby did the same, pulling his gloves on.  The two fighters threw their shirts off and stepped onto the mat in their respective corners.

"IN THIS CORNER, WE HAVE THE UNDEFEATED BOBBY!!!"  The announcer yelled.  Bobby raised his right arm and walked to the middle.  "AND IN THIS CORNER WE HAVE THE YOUNG LION.... SEUNGHOON!!!"  He walked to the middle, gesturing for the crowd to cheer louder.  They shook hands and went back to their corners.  The referee that was standing off to the side came forward and blew a whistle, starting the fight.

They circled each other for a few seconds, then Seunghoon threw the first punch.  Bobby dipped down under the punch and came back up behind Seunghoon, kicking out to trip him.  Seunghoon pitched forward a little but caught his ballance, spinning around.  They resumed circling each other, being cautious.  Both were bouncing around, always on guard.  Bobby faked a punch making Seunghoon lean to the left, where Bobby's fist was already moving towards.  The crowd went crazy, there were shouts and cheers filling the room.  

Seunghoon grabbed Bobby's shoulder and kneed him in the stomach.  Bobby grabbed his leg and pulled up, making Seunghoon land on his back.  He used his leg to bring Bobby down with him, quicly rolling to the side to pin Bobby down.  Bobby tucked his legs in and kicked out.  Seunghoon stumbled back which gave Bobby a few seconds to get back up.  

For a while, neither seemed to have an advantage.  There were moments when one had the upper hand, but it never lasted long.

Then Bobby ed up.

He predicted wrong and moved too far left, throwing himself off balance.  Seunghoon was on him in an instant.  Bobby tried to block Seunghoon's punches but he was too slow.  Seunghoon landed a punch right to his jaw and then another one to his temple.  Bobby's vision blurred and something red dripped into his eye.  He fell, catching himself before he hit the ground.  His head was spinning and his ribs hurt.  Before he knew it all he saw was black and the last thing he heard was, "AND THE WINNER IS SEUNGHOON!!!"

He woke up shortly after in the back seat of his car.  He tried to sit up but Donghyuk stopped him.

"Hyung just lie down.  The medic said you didn't have any super serious internal injuries so you don't need to go to the hospital unless you want to."  Bobby winced and a thought hit him.

"Wait... Who is driving?"  Hanbin turned around in the passenger seat, ruling him out.  

"Mino-hyung is driving.  We were going to drop you off at the hospital."  Hanbin said.

"N-no it's okay.  I don't need to go to the hospital."  Bobby protested.  

"Are you sure?"  Mino spoke up.  

"Yeah, I just need to rest."  Mino nodded and changed direction to Bobby's apartment.  It was almost 11PM when they pulled up to the building.  

"It's okay Mino-hyung.  We can take it from here."  Donghyuk said.  

"Okay, text me tomorrow Bobby."  Mino replied, waving goodbye.  Donghyuk and Hanbin both had one of Bobby's arms around their shoulders as they climbed up the stairs to his apartment door.  

"Okay okay, you can stop now.  I'm fine.  Go home, your mom is going to be worried."  Bobby said as he tried to get the two to go home.  

"Hyung~"  Hanbin whined.  "You're still stumbling a little."

"I'm fine Hanbin.  Your mom is probably worried sick."  He unlocked the door and walked in, closing it on the brothers.  He dropped his bag by the door and walked in at a snail's pace.  Jinhwan was woken up by the unlocking of the door.  He had been asleep on the couch and was surrounded by text books.  

"Bobby?"  He muttered.  Jinhwan got up, rubbing his eyes.

"What are you doing up?  I thought you would be asleep."  He replied, walking towards his bedroom.

"I fell asleep studying, are you okay?  You look hurt."  Jinhwan moved over to the lights and flicked them on.  "Oh my God you are hurt.  What happened?"  He rushed over to help Bobby stand.  His temple was bleeding despite the bandage on it, his lip was cut, and there was a bruise under one eye.

"I'm fine.  Just go back to sleep or whatever."  Bobby replied, brushing Jinhwan's hand off.  He walked into his room and closed the door.  Jinhwan knocked a few times and tried to open it but Bobby had locked it.  Bobby leaned his back against the closed door and sank down to the floor.  He dropped his head down and wrapped his arms around his knees.  And then he started crying.  Jinhwan could hear him from the other side of the door and his heart broke a little.