Moving

Roommate Wanted

Jinhwan was sitting in a coffee shop on campus looking online for a cheap place to rent, but all the places in Seoul were too expensive.  On the other hand, he couldn't leave the city beacuse traveling to get to school would be expensive and it would take a lot longer.  He had been bouncing from couch to couch, spending weeks with friends, but it was getting tiring.  Finally, Jinhwan checked craigslist and saw someone in Seoul that needed a roommate.  The rent was pretty cheap and the apartment was right near a bus that stopped near the college.  Jinhwan sent the person an email and was surprised to get a reply almost immediately.  It was the middle of a week day and most people would be out working.  He saw the time on his computer and freaked out when he saw he only had fifteen minutes to get to the other side of campus.  Jinhwan packed his stuff up as fast as he could and practically ran out of the coffee shop.

That night, Jinhwan got to his friend's dorm and checked his email.  Luckily, Chanwoo was overseas on an exchange program.  Unluckily, Chanwoo would be coming back by the end of the week and Jinhwan didn't have another place to stay.  It got dark without Jinhwan realizing.  Time had slipped past him once again and it was already 11PM.  He checked his email one last time before going to bed and was surprised not to see a reply yet.  This Bobby guy had been really quick with his replies all day.

He must work late shifts or something.  Jinhwan thought to himself as he got under the covers and turned the bedside light off.

The next morning Jinhwan was late getting up and had to rush out of the dorm.  By noon his whole day was going sour.  He finally had some time to relax between lectures and sat down on the grass lawn in the middle of the campus and pulled his laptop out to check his email.  Bobby had finally replied and said that Jinhwan could move in any time he wanted, as long as it was before 6PM.  He also gave a phone number in case Jinhwan needed to get in contact with him faster.  Jinhwan was debating whether or not to text him when someone sat right next to him on the lawn.

"Annyeong oppa!"  Soohyun chirped.  She two grades below Jinhwan and just about everyone but Jinhwan could tell she was crushing on him.  "Whacha doing?"  She asked.

"Oh, hi Soohyun.  I'm just checking some emails. Don't you have class now?"  

"No, I only have one class today and it just ended.  I saw you sitting here by yourself and thought you would want company."  She replied.  

"Oh thanks, but I should get going to my next class.  I'll see you this Friday for Chanwoo's welcome home party though right?"  

"Yep."  As Jinhwan walked away, Soohyun sighed to herself.  When will he notice my feelings for him?  She wondered.

As he walked to his next class, Jinhwan put Bobby's number into his contacts and texted him.

Jinhwan: Hey, this is Jinhwan.  Do you think I can start moving in tomorrow?

He finished the text just as he walked into the building and put his phone back into his pocket.  He felt it vibrate but decided to leave it until after his class.  It was the last one of the day and tomorrow Jinhwan didn't have any classes so it would be the perfect time to move out of Chanwoo's dorm and into the new place.

Jinhwan was texting Bobby while he walked back to Chanwoo's dorm.  

Bobby: Sure, can you start early?  I have work at 6 so I have to leave at 5:30.  

Jinhwan: Yeah that works.  

Bobby: Okay.  Do you need help?  I have a car.

Jinhwan: Really?  That would be great.  Thank you so much.

Bobby: No problem.  Text me the address and I'll drive there.  

At the dorm, Jinhwan separated his clothes from the clothes Chanwoo had left behind and cleaned up.  He had a lot of laundry to do but didn't feel like starting it beacuse the laundry room was in the basement and the elevator was broken.  After packing up the few clean clothes he had, Jinhwan haulded himself down the four flights of stairs with his giant pile of laundry.

Jinhwan woke up to fierce knocking on his door.  He rubbed his eyes and threw the covers off, shuffling to the door.  

"Who -" He started but was interupted by the person at the door.  It was his friend Yunhyeong.  They were both med students and had a lot of classes together.

"Yah!  Some dude named Bobby is waiting downstairs for you.  He's been out there for like fifteen minutes already!"  Yunhyeong yelled.

"Wait!  What time is it?"  Jinhwan asked, frantically.  

"It's 8:15."  

"Uggg, can you tell him to come up?  I need someone to help me move the boxes."

"Sure hyung.  Do you want me to help too?"

"No, don't you have class?"

"Not until 10."

"There aren't that many boxes so I think just two people is fine.  Thanks for the offer though."  

"Okay."  Yunhyeong turned down the hall to get Bobby and Jinhwan ran into the dorm to get dressed.  He saw a glimpse of himself in the mirror and saw his hair sticking up in all sorts of directions.  With a sigh, he gave up trying to fix it and started moving boxes to the hall.  

"Hey, are you Jinhwan?"  Someone asked from the end of the hall.  Jinhwan looked up from what he was doing and saw a pretty good looking guy walking towards him.

"Yep.  You must be Bobby."  Jinhwan held his hand out for a handshake and smiled.  His heart skipped a beat when Bobby smiled back and his eyes turned into crescents.  Damn that eye smile is cute.  Jinhwan thought.  Bobby walked up to the pile of boxes and grabbed three of the five boxes.

"Oh, those are kind of heavy you might want to-"  Jinhwan started out, but stopped when he saw that Bobby wasn't struggling.  "Do you lift or something?"  He asked, jokingly.

"Yeah kind of..."  Bobby said shyly.

"Oh..."  Jinhwan replied weakly.  There was an awkward pause before Bobby spoke up again.

"My car is just outside the door.  We should hurry so I don't get a fine."  Jinhwan nodded and grabbed the last two boxes, following Bobby down the stairs to his car.

The two new roommates arrived at the building and carried the boxes up a flight of stairs to the apartment.  Bobby unlocked the door and held it open for Jinhwan.  They brought the boxes into the hall and got settled.  

"So, this is the living room and to your left is the bathroom.  The two bedrooms are past the kitchen, which is to the right of the living room."  Bobby said as he led Jinhwan through the apartment.  "This one is my room and the one here is yours."  He pointed to the door on the right and opened it, showing a pretty bare room.  The only thing in the space was a full size bed and a dresser.  There was a closet by the door and a window opposite the door.

"This is perfect, thanks."  Jinhwan said as he walked into his new room.  He and Bobby moved his boxes into the bedroom and then Bobby went into his room, leaving Jinhwan to organize his things.

At some point, Jinhwan heard Bobby's door open and close.  He turned around and saw that Bobby had a towel in his hands.  He also saw that Bobby wasn't wearing a shirt, walking around in just a pair of basketball shorts.  He could see Bobby's tattoo, centered in the middle of his back. Jinhwan quickly turned back around and tried to focus on hanging and folding all his clothes.  Twenty minutes later he heard the water turn off and turned around again, this time making eye contact with a shirtless Bobby.  

"Hey, do you need any help with that?"  Bobby asked as he towel dried his hair.  He walked up to the doorframe of Jinhwan's bedroom and leaned in the doorway.  Jinhwan had full view of Bobby's abs and the tattoo running along his collarbones.  It was a music staff with notes on it.  I wonder what song that is.  

"Hm?  What?  Oh, n-no I got it."  Jinhwan stuttered.  It's like he's doing this on purpose.  He thought.  

"Are you okay?"  

"I-Um... Do you walk around shirtless a lot?"  Jinhwan could feel his cheeks getting red, already regretting what he said.

"Oh!  Yea, sorry.  If it makes you uncomfortable I can stop."  Bobby winked and smiled.

"No, I ju-just didn't expect to turn around and see ... you shirtless."  

"Haha.  I'll just let you finish unpacking then.  I have to leave for work soon but I left a set of keys on the kitchen counter for you."  Bobby turned and walked into his room and shut the door.  When Jinhwan heard the front door open and close, he resisted the urge to stop what he was doing and turn around.

Why am I acting like I'm sixteen again?  Jesus man, get it together.  He's just a roommate, he probably doesn't even like boys.  Jinhwan was lost in his thoughts and didn't hear the buzzer go off.  After a few minutes the person rang the buzzer again, shaking Jinhwan out of his own head.

When he checked the screen, he didn't recognize the person.  "Who is it?"  He asked.

"Yah!  Kim Bobby let me in this ing second!"  The person yelled.

"Um... He just left for work.  Can you come back later?"  Jinhwan asked shyly.  Whoever this person was, they were pissed and Jinhwan didn't want to get mixed up in Bobby's personal business.

"Who the is this then?"

"I'm his roommate."  

"."  The person said as they turned and walked away from the front entrance.  Jinhwan texted Bobby what happened and went to check what was in the fridge.  He hadn't eaten all day and just realized how hungry he was.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

AN: Thanks for reading!  Please comment what you think :)  Who do you think the person at the door was?  :P