Chapter 8

Everything Changes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Doc, I will start to do inferior alveolar nerve block with my patient." Taeyeon bowed to her Clinical Instructor who was busy typing on his laptop.
"Did you check the vital signs of your patient?" The Clinical Instructor stood from his chair. He walked towards Taeyeon's designated Dental chair whilst Taeyeon was following him.
"Already did, Doc. 115/80 mmHG, 17cycle per minute, and 86beats per minute. All normal, Doc"
Her Clinical Instructor took Taeyeon's
"Okay, just like your previous patients. I want you to recite inferior alveolar nerve blocking as you do it on your patient. What are you going to use, your index finger or thumb?"
"I'll be using my thumb, Doc."
"Okay then start."
Taeyeon took the syringe on the bracket table and proceeded.
"Using your thumb palpate the external oblique ridge." She inserted her thumb inside the patient's oral cavity while she placed her index finger extraorally behind the ramus of the mandile of the patient.
"Move your thumb up and down until the greatest depth of the anterior border of the ramus is identified. This area of greatest depth is called the coronoid notch." She inserted the syringe inside the patient's oral cavity.
"Place the syringe from the most corner of the oral cavity of the opposite side. Insert two thirds of the needle parallel to the occlusal plane of the mandibular teeth at a level of bisecting the thumb. Aspirate to check if the needle tip penetrated any blood vessel." Taeyeon slowly retracted the thumb ring of the syringe.
"If there's no contact to any blood vessel. Slowly deposit the anesthetic solution for one minute approximately." She slowly injected the aneshtesia.



Taeyeon came out of the dental surgery section. She was startled with the two girls who clapped their hands.
"Woah! Way to go Kim Taeyeon." Yuri took Taeyeon's tackle box.
"Our Taeyeon is being hardworking, ey. Working in between class breaks." Sooyoung praised Taeyeon and ushered Taeyeon's patient to the seats beside the hallway.
"Yah. You know I'm doing this for my dreams. I want to graduate on time you know."
"Who doesn't want to?" Yuri said.
"You. You haven't start your clinical requirements yet." Sooyoung knocked Yuri's head.
"Yah! I already did! My Complete Denture patient got approved! I got dreams too, goliath!" Yuri retorted.
Taeyeon chuckled from the actions of the two.
"I'm just gonna dismiss may patient then we'lll proceed to our class." She gestured her patient outside the dental infirmary while the two waited for Taeyeon to come back. Not for more than three minutes Taeyeon came back. She quickly took the tackle box from Yuri and they went to her locker first to put her dental instruments.
"You two didn't work in the clinic?" Taeyeon asked.
"No patient." Yuri shook her head.
"Yeah. Like they evaporated out of nowhere." Sooyoung added.
"How about the others?" She asked while opening her locker.
"I think they have patients." Yuri answered.
Taeyeon put on her gloves and pulled out a small tackle box and grabbed a basin.
"I'm hungry." Sooyoung said while caressing her tummy.
"Yah, We just ate an hour ago and now you're hungry? Are you a freaking godzilla or do you have worms inside your stomach?" Yuri facepalmed herself.
"You guys can go ahead. I'll just wash my instruments then I'll join you."
"Are you sure, Taeng?" Yuri asked.
"Yup. It's not like I'm going to be robbed or anything here. I'm fine, guys. Thanks by the way." She smiled brightly at them.
"Okay then, we'll get going." Sooyoung clapped her hands excitedly.
Taeyeon went to the long sink few steps near her locker. She pump a blue liquid on the brush and started to clean her instruments one by one. She got startled when a loud crash of tray and dental instruments on the other side of the sink. She looked at the girl who was rushingly washing her instruments.
"Fany? What's the hurry?" She asked.
"I-uh. We have class, right?" Tiffany answered confusedly.
"Yeah. But it won't start til one thirty in the afternoon."
"What!?" Tiffany checked her watch. It was already one fifteen in the afternoon. Her watch was broken. She couldn't tell the time difference outside because it was cloudy. Tiffany sighed heavily.
"It's only twelve in the afternoon, fany. You can wash your instruments calmly now. You're making a ruckus."
Tiffany bowed apologetically at the clinicians near by them.



The seven girls were discussing random school stuffs while waiting for their professor to arrive inside their classroom.
"Ugh! How will I ever finish my clinical requirements if this kind of weather persist." Yuri said. The sky was filled with dark clouds that looks like going to downpour any moment. The girls stared at the window.
"Good thing I brought my car." Hyoyeon said and continued to play on her phone.
"Give us a lift then, Hyoyeonie!" Sooyoung and Yuri said, they hooked their arms on Hyoyeon's.
"Yah! Yah! I'm playing! I swear I'm going to kill you guys. I will let you tag along if one of you will drive." Hyoyeon grinned. The traffic will be horrible for sure in this inclement weather. It'll be tiring to drive.
Sooyoung waggled her eyebrows at Yuri.
"Aish! I didn't bring my car because I was too lazy to drive but you guys make me drive." Yuri said in disbelief.
"Thank Goodness, Taeyeon and I are just three blocks away from here." Sunny said.
"Lucky for you two. How about you, Seohyun-ah, How will you get home?" Tiffany asked.
"My parents will pick me up, Unnie." Seohyun answered.
While the girls were talking to each other, Taeyeon was just staring at the dark sky, zooning out again. For some reason, she could feel the heavy weight of the dark clouds.
"Hi." Donghae waved at Tiffany while his other hand on his back.
"Hello." Tiffany smiled.
"I just want to give you this." He handed Tiffany a tiny pink paper bag. His friends on the other side of the classroom cheered for him.
"Tiffany-shi, be his girlfriend!!"
"Atta boy, Donghae!!"
The noise got Taeyeon's attention. She stared at the two.
Donghae scratched his head.
"Gomawo, Donghae-shi." She sm

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter