Chapter 7

Everything Changes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*riiing riiing riiing* The girl who was sleeping covered with a gray comforter didn't even move from her bed. The phone on the coffee table started to ring again. Her hand slowly emerged under the gray comforter and took the phone. She answered her phone without even opening her eyes.
"Hello?" She said with a hoarsed voice.
"KIM TAEYEON! It's already 10 in the morning and you're still sleeping?" Said an old voice on the other line. Taeyeon slowly opened her eyes. She checked the time from the digital clock on the coffee table.
"I'm sorry, Grandma. I spent all night doing my journal reviews and other university stuffs." She slowly got up from the bed and rested her head on the head board.
"Oh. I'm sorry, honey. I thought you were being lazy again. I should send someone over there to take care of you. You're skipping breakfast and I-"
"Grandma, we talked about this, right?" Taeyeon cutted her grandma, she can't have nagging as her breakfast.
"Yes. But honey I can't let you skip your meals. You'll get sick. I know you have lots of stuff to do in the university but please don't neglect your health." Taeyeon and her Grandma had an agreement before she went to the University to pursue her dream of becoming a Dentist, not to give her a butler or maid to take care of her. She wanted to learn living independently. Her Grandma wouldn't have agreed, luckily her father engaged in their conversation and allowed her to live on her own.
"Don't worry, Grandma. I got this. Why did you call by the way?" She asked her Grandma.
"Why are you ignoring your mom's call? She was worried about you, young lady."
"I was just busy." She reasoned out. But she doesn't have the courage yet to talk to her mom.
"You better be, young lady."
"Yes, Grandma. I will return her calls as soon as I have a free time. Oh, I have to go to Sunny's house. We will do a research. Bye for now, Grandma. I will call you back, I promise. Love you!"
"KIM TAE-!" She pressed the end button and tossed her phone from the other side of the bed. She doesn't want to discuss more with her Grandma, things will just get messy. She needs more time for herself.
"Althea, open the blinds." The curtain from Taeyeon's room slowly rolled up. She got up from her bed and stared at the busy city in day light.
"Althea, play a jazz music." A soft jazz music played. She then preceded to the bathroom.




SEOUL MEDICAL CENTER
"Job well done with your visual aids everyone. We can totally see your efforts in making them. I know some of you are thinking why so traditional, making those with art stuff. But you see, you'll get their attention by these master pieces of you. They'll find it more interesting rather than those in your tablets or ipads. Getting our patients attention in oral health education is our goal here. Let's give yourselves a round of applause in doing a great job." Dr. Park said, the head of Department of Hospital Dentistry in Seoul Medical Center. The Dental Interns applauded.
"I already gave your leaders your designated areas for your duty today. Just a reminder, there are some departments that you won't be needing you visual aids. You may leave it here in our room. Time check, it's already 9:30am. You may now proceed to your respective duty areas and come back before 11:30am."
The Dental Interns went to their different duty areas.

Meanwhile, Sunny's group was assigned in the Medical Record Room. They were welcomed warmly by the staffs.
"Here comes our interns." Said a female staff around 30's of age. Just like a dance group on cue. The seven girls bowed and greeted the staffs synchronically.
"We are here for our Hospital Dentistry Internship. Please take care of us." Taken aback from the girls, the only thorn among the roses bowed also.
"I can rest for a bit longer from now on." One of the male staff said.
"Are you guys usually like this?" Donghae whispered to Tiffany.
"Yeah. We greet people synchronically." She beamed her eyes smile at him.
"Why are we assigned here? It's not even dental related. They'll just give us errands here." Yuri asked the girls.
"Did you left your brain in your house?" Hyoyeon said.
"I'm pretty sure there's a relation. Because duuh! We write dental records remember!?" Sooyoung rolled her eyes.
"You guys should shut your tactless mouths. It's embarassing." Sunny eyed the three girls who keeps bickering. Then a woman wearing a blue scrub suit walked towards them.
"Good morning interns. I am the head of the Medical Record Room. I'm Song Jihyo. Follow me and I will give you a quick tour in this room." The woman continued as they walk inside the room.
"As you can see patients, their gurdians or their authorized representative are here to get their past medical records. They give the basic details of the patient like name, birthday, etc. Then the staff will look for it." They stopped at the aligned shelves with letters on every shelf from alphabet A-Z. There were three staffs searching on different shelves. One male and two females.
"This is where you can find the medical records. Aside from searching and giving the medical record to the patients. You are also going to arrange alphabetically the medical records. I will give it to you later. That's all. Any questions?" She asked.
"None, ma'am." Sunny answered on behalf of her groupmates.
"Okay.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter