Oranges Can Be Sweet Too!

Paint Me The Colours Of The Rainbow

Oranges Can Be Sweet Too!

JinJin does not want to be here. He would rather enter a cage full of hungry lions, then be walking up to the little coffee house in all its hellish glory. Not that Hanbin isn’t already a preying lion waiting to attack and not that he’s willingly entering that said lions self built den.

That’s besides the point.

He knows he looks terrible, knows he’s failing at keeping himself together and he honestly just hopes no one stops to question his rugged hastily arranged appearance. Prays no one has the urge to poke fun at him and assume how his night played out, because his nerves are on their last lives. Reaching their final limits.

In no way, does he want to be here. Not at all

He feels half dead as it is and he’s not too keen on having Hanbin yell his ear off for not being a decent employee. Which in all honesty he agrees he deserves, but right now he just doesn’t want to deal with any of it. Can’t find the motivation, or drive to do anything, because every ounce of positivity once living energetically within him, is gone.

He just wants to go home.

His actual home where he knows his mother is dwelling and give her the biggest most bone crushing hug he can muster. Sit her down and tell her all the troubles he has been having and for her to pet his head and whisper that it’s all right and that it’s going to continue to be all right. To feel the love in his mother’s touch that is drifting forgotten in the miles that separate them. Its been far to long since he has paid her a visit and he misses her. Misses her engulfing motherly warmth like he misses the sense of being completely in control of this peculiar life.

He’s such a horrible son, employee, friend and just everything. He at everything. 

JinJin peeks in through the window and sighs, a bottomless sigh that holds defeat in its purity. It takes him a few good seconds to build up the natural courage and soon enough he’s regretfully pushing past those double glass doors, but the sound of a unique laugh has him freezing at the entrance. He knows that bubbly high pitched giggle anywhere and exactly whose mouth it came from. Who owns it.

Just when he thought his day couldn’t get any worse.

He turns to the direction the soft yet condescendingly horrifying sound has come from and at this moment something’s snapping, causing the steel gates that are keeping his emotions intact to unfavourably crumble.  

JinJin narrows his eyes at the cursed individual.

He’s seething with such a rush of unsettling anger and he can’t believe he’s simply considering reeking havoc on the entire café. He wants nothing more then to push over tables and yell, because this isn’t right, hasn’t he suffered enough? Hasn’t he already paid all his dues?    

JinJin takes a few shaky deep breaths in and tightly balls his fists.

Why is it that he can never escape this boy? He believes that soon enough Donghyuk is going to start showing up randomly in all the dark corners of his life and it’s scary because those dead ends are full of nasty hateful demons. He’s not ready to allow another person in to see all the broken and hideous inner workings. Permit them to walk the eerie darkened corridors, because the cracking and disturbing décor has always been hard to hide.

Why would Donghyuk even bother coming this far for a cup of overpriced coffee and that’s not even what has JinJin so flabbergasted. It’s the fact that Donghyuk is comfortably sitting at a table full of regulars, Hanbin’s regulars and laughing like he doesn’t have a single care in the world, that has JinJin baffled. The brunette is seated there, absurdly chuckling like last night didn’t happen and what he did wasn’t wrong.   

He really does have bad luck, doesn’t he? First Eunwoo and now this.

JinJin doesn’t even want to see Donghyuk. He thought he’d at least have enough time of avoiding the younger, to sort out this crazy anger he has. To make up some jumbled lie as to why things are awkward and why things wont be the same, because after what happened between them, they won’t. He’s not ready to admit to anything and he hardly believes he’ll be able to talk to the boy comfortably knowing that not to long ago they were locking lips, fake kiss or not. He’s so mad at Donghyuk for going behind his back and listening to MJ and whatever that idiotic plan was, even if to some extent it worked.

Nope, he’s not having any of it today.

JinJin tries to sneak in, tries to get behind that counter and in the back room before Donghyuk can notice him, but it seems fate has never been on his side or felt the need to give him any sort of break. He can hear the chair squeak along the wood floor and it has him flinching at the ludicrous noise, wishing for it not to be Donghyuk’s. He slowly spins around just as the once sitting Donghyuk moves around the table, mouth agape.

He really is screwed and he can’t run away, because he has nowhere to go. Nowhere left to hide.  

“Hyung! What are you doing here?” Donghyuk shouts from across the room and JinJin really wished that boy had a little dignity as to not cause a scene in public.

There really is no way of getting out of this, is there?

He knows Donghyuk is persistent and knows the boy wont let him go, or at least wont stop that exaggerated come closer gesture until he complies. JinJin gets that people are staring at them, gets that everyone is waiting for him to move and he hates it. Hates having the unwanted attention of strangers on him in such an examining way.

With a huff JinJin slowly makes his way over to a table he doesn’t want to go to and a group of boys he’d rather not personally meet. He can feel the nervous tremble shake through his staggering steps, listens as his brain chants for him to get out of there, because for some odd reason the air is filling with a mystic pungent smog and it’s starting to suffocate him in misery.

“He works here.” He hears someone but in and he turns to face Hanbin as his shift manager approaches. Hanbin places a heavy hand on his shoulder and slowly moves it down to strongly grip his bicep. It has him shamefully bowing his head like a naughty school boy being scorned by an over bearing teacher. He’s in deep and there is no way Hanbin’s letting him off the hook, or bending the rules in any way.

Not when he knows Hanbin knows he has been lying. But it’s not like he was purposely trying to be deceitful, isn’t love sickness a viable illness. Doesn’t having his heart broken deserve at least a little sympathy.

“Why are you so interested in him anyway Dong, you know him?”  The light almost blonde brunette spitefully asks, throwing the straw wrapper he had been fiddling with on the table. His obviously annoyed tone has JinJin favouring Hanbin’s scolding, because at least he wouldn’t be invading in on this tight groups get together, or disrupting their unsaid peace.

“Of course, I do. Everyone this is my friend Jinwoo. We go to the same university.” Donghyuk says as he makes his way around the table to stand beside him.

JinJin understands that everyone is looking at him and they’re all waiting for something, anything. He slowly raises his down casted head to finally meet the judging eyes of Donghyuk’s friends. The very friends who are most likely silently bashing him and basing his character off of Donghyuk’s words. JinJin can’t fathom what could possibly have already been said about him to these unknown individuals, because Donghyuk does like to talk and share elaborate stories.   

He’s struggling to act like he is unfazed by it. That he could care less about their stares, or tinkering thoughts, but that still doesn’t hide the fact that his nails are nervously scratching away at his skin and how his chest is bouncing at a quick almost deadly rate. Doesn’t precisely mask that he is chewing his capped bottom lip raw as he calculates what everyone could maybe be thinking about him.

“Oh, Um hello. I’m Jinwoo.” He stutters out through slightly swollen lips and now that he’s taking in the group he notices the familiar face of Chanwoo, which eases his pounding heart because isn’t Chanwoo the sweet one?

“Hyung, these are my friends I always talk about. Chanwoo, Junhoe, Yunhyeong. Bobby and of course Hanbin, but I think you already knew that one.” Donghyuk laughs and JinJin follows his motioning hand as he points out each individual. His eyes instantly become intrigued by Bobby. The mans face is so familiar and it’s not just that he is an everyday regular, no it’s familiar in an ‘I’ve seen you some where else’ sort of way. Then it hits him, of course that’s brown and curly’s name.

JinJin wants to pat himself on the back for all these faint memories coming back to him, but Donghyuk’s grabbing at his other arm and drawing it close to his own body.

“What a crazy coincidence. How come I didn’t know you worked here? I’m always here on Sundays.” Donghyuk asks with a pout as he shakes JinJin’s entire body. “Maybe because he always calls in sick.” Hanbin spits and JinJin can feel the man’s fingers digging into the poor soft skin of his right arm.

It’s silent for a split awkward second and JinJin doubts these boys fancy having him barge in on their conversation, especially the strikingly handsome bleach blonde who JinJin swears is giving him some heated looks.

“Well…” But Donghyuk’s cutting him off before he can formally excuse himself and leave the table. “Hyung why are you wearing these.” JinJin has no time to protest, because Donghyuk’s suddenly lifting the heavy sunglasses and JinJin’s glad the others have all gone back to conversing with each other. “Oh my god. Maybe we should just leave these down.” Donghyuk whispers. “I didn’t realize you drank that much.” And his smirk has JinJin obnoxiously snorting, because Donghyuk knows exactly how much alcohol he force-fed him. Knows how corrupt those words sound, but that still doesn’t stop Donghyuk from cheekily smiling.     

JinJin avoids his friend’s keen eyes and glances around the table in confusion, attempting to take in all the cluttered chatter. He fixes the frames to rest atop of his head, because he can’t hide his evident hangover forever.     

“By the way Jinwoo, did you have fun last night?” And he slowly faces Hanbin and his sickeningly sweet voice in fear.

This is it. This is where the life lessons and philosophy Hanbin’s notorious for comes in. JinJin’s just not sure he’s ready to hear all about it. He gets it, he’s guilty and he doesn’t need Hanbin’s ‘I told you so’s’ thrown mockingly in his face.

“That’s right! You phone in sick yet your picture’s all over clearly showing you at that party last night. I do have friends. You know even if you have a lot going on a job is still a job.” JinJin feels like Hanbin is trying to murder him with his over righteous speech, or at least deem him at fault for something that’s not even a big deal. There’s no understanding in those empty words what so ever, no questions as to why he was even calling in sick in the first place and it has him opening his mouth in protest, because he has every right to defend himself. 

But Donghyuk’s phone is ringing and the boy is shushing them which is a blessing, because if he says anything to Hanbin it will only make matters worse. Will only make his entire shift a living hell, possibly every shift a living hell and he doesn’t think he can handle that.

JinJin watches as Donghyuk’s happy exterior starts to crumble and melt into what JinJin can only perceive as anger. He observes how the boy’s brows raise and fall in masked skepticism, even the way his lips are twitching and itching to speak. 

“What do you mean?” Donghyuk yells out and this draws in everyone’s attention.

Hanbin is quick to push JinJin away from the table. “You should be getting into uniform, you owe me a lot of hours.” He nods and turns to leave, not just because Hanbin is commanding him to but because Donghyuk looks like he’s about ready to punch someone. A furious Donghyuk is something he’d rather imagine then personally witness and he wants to be safely behind the counter when that phone call’s over.

JinJin attempts to discreetly drift away but Donghyuk’s arm snaps up and before he can comprehend it, Donghyuk’s hand is tightly grasping his wrist. He winces at the pain striking his whole body from a single needy touch. He really did do a number on himself and his discoloured bruises are proof of moments he can’t begin to remember. Full of emotions he knows are there but can’t feel. 

He squeaks out in both confusion and agony, because Donghyuk is ruthlessly squeezing his already swollen wrist.

The boys all surrounding the table look about as shocked as JinJin. He can sense the questioning atmosphere vibrate through the café and underlining disbelief. He really doesn’t have the time to deal with Donghyuk, but he’s too stunned to move and even Hanbin’s at a loss because the entrepreneur is no longer trying to push him away. Everyone is at a loss for words and frozen in place as Donghyuk continues to loudly argue with the other person over his smart phone.

“Captain I’m.” Donghyuk stops and JinJin’s ears perk up. It has his eyes instantly widening in realization.  

There’s no way that Donghyuk’s not talking to Eunwoo. He knows now that he is the root of this call, can tell just by the way Donghyuk’s fingers are pressing roughly into his already tender skin.

What if Eunwoo’s belittling him, relating everything that happened between them to Donghyuk? What if Eunwoo was in on the scheme and he’s the one that personally and absentmindedly messed it all up?

It has him light headed because everyone’s going to hate him over a simple misunderstanding and everyone’s going to think he’s disgusting for no reason. It’s like a sour taste in his mouth and it’s all because of that stupid party. None of this would be happening if he had just said no. if he would have stuck to his own agenda and watched movies instead.

He can’t believe how hard he’s trying to hold back his tears, how hard he’s wishing he can disappear so he doesn’t have to hear Donghyuk’s rejection. Doesn’t have to feel the pain of it. And the sad part is, is that he can’t fathom what MJ and Donghyuk were trying to accomplish, or why Eunwoo took him home. Doesn’t know why any of this is happening when yesterday he was a nobody aimlessly floating on and off random peers’ radars.     

“Look…” Donghyuk is giving him the evilest eyes he has ever seen and it has him fearfully cowering, because it’s suggesting him being all that more wrong.

Donghyuk lets his hand holding the device drop, breathlessly growling and JinJin’s scared Donghyuk’s going to start spilling and repeating Eunwoo’s words on how repulsive he is to the poor ears at this table. That Donghyuk is going to abandon him and give up on this friendship before its even started. He doesn’t want to be alone. He wants friends. Wants more people in his life to fill all these cork sized gaps and he secretly likes having Donghyuk as a friend. Likes feeling he has people to depend on and will be there for him.

“JinJin hyung what have you done?” Donghyuk questions, slamming his phone onto the table and JinJin flinches as the brunette yanks him closer.

He doesn’t even understand what he has done wrong, but he knows it has something to do with Eunwoo and this morning. Honestly what hasn’t he done? That should be the question because he knew something unconventional was bound to occur at some point, he just had hoped for it to come later. He stares at Donghyuk, waiting for the man to tell him what the hell is going on and what exactly his poor life choices have ultimately lead up to.

What he has done to anger him so greatly.   

“Eunwoo just told me he’s not coming to the game and telling me that I deserve to be captain and that for some odd reason I’ve won your heart. I’m flattered really, but hyung I worked so hard last night on getting you two together and.” He follows Donghyuk’s wondering eyes as the ruffled man cautiously rolls them at Yunhyeong who’s still narrowly staring at them, obviously trying hard to be concealing and allow only him to see. “There’s someone I kinda like.”

JinJin’s speechless and he blankly scans around for answers that aren’t going to appear, answers he knows he’s not going to get. He doesn’t know what to say, doesn’t know where anyone else’s hypotheses point to and where they lead, or what anything means anymore. He’s just muddled and terrified because it seems like it’s all his fault.

He’s stuck on the idea of Eunwoo thinking he doesn’t like him and that he likes Donghyuk, because he thought he had been blatant since the beginning. 

“Donghyuk I don’t like you. I mean I do like you, but the way I like Eunwoo is different.” It feels so good leaving his mouth and he can’t comprehend why.

Why it’s suddenly as if those swarming bees that have been cleverly hiding away in well built hives and stinging his insides for the longest time now, are finally leaving. Why he’s on the verge of tears and not afraid to show it.

Chanwoo is sweetly smiling and JinJin meets his smile. He can’t explain it but for some reason coming out to these almost strangers’ is surprisingly not hard and so easy.

“Hyung.” Donghyuk whispers. “You need to tell him how you feel and force him to come to the game.” JinJin glances at Donghyuk for reassurance and he can see that the younger is trying to persuade him with his cleverly timed pouty aegyo.

“Yeah?” He breathily asks.

“Oh no. Jinwoo needs to work.” Hanbin states calmly, breaking the moment in the most reality shattering way and JinJin can feel his heart heavily breaking.

Donghyuk gasps as he pulls JinJin away from Hanbin.

“Hyung.” Donghyuk sharply says, turning to the raven-haired owner. “You have to let him go. The game starts in roughly thirty minutes and my team needs Eunwoo to play, he’s our captain and its semi finals.” Donghyuk dramatically begs, moving closer to Hanbin and why does this entire scenario suddenly seem like some student shot short film.

“The only reason Eunwoo’s not going is because JinJin hyung rejected him without even realising it.” Donghyuk places a hand on his own chest. “Do it for love Hanbin.” And JinJin can hear Chanwoo mutter out a faint love also trying to guilt his stubborn boss into giving in.

There’s a light clapping erupting throughout the café from the few customers they have and JinJin’s cheeks are glowing red in embarrassment at how ridiculous this whole scene must look. How ridiculous this whole thing is in general, even if his life is slowly becoming some low budget horribly directed movie.

He turns back to the table holding some of Donghyuk’s closest friends. This is different, but it’s a good different. Something entirely out of his comfort zone and yet it’s filling him to the brinks with delight and scorching happiness. A warmth brought on by some one who barely knows him, fighting so hard. Donghyuk may say some idiotic things and do some risky stuff, but he’s easily the kindest person JinJin’s met in awhile.

Someone he wants to keep

Bobby’s standing by Hanbin and JinJin shifts, pleading towards the two. He can’t not do it now. He needs to come clean, to tell Eunwoo exactly what he’s been keeping secret for so long and the scary part is, is that he wants to.

“Hanbin let him go.” Bobby says with a laugh as he places a hand on the shorter male’s shoulder. The curly haired rapper is forcing the young owner to look in to his eyes and Hanbin willingly does. It’s like they’re exchanging words with a simple gaze and it shortly ends with Hanbin turning back to face him, worrisome eyebrows drawing together.

“Alright, go get outta here.” He smiles and JinJin knows it’s strained. Chanwoo is cheering and Donghyuk is quick to grab his arm. “Thank you so much.” He cringes slightly at how happy and star struck he sounds, because its been ages since he has heard his voice that enthusiastic.

He diverts his attention back to the table, bowing at Donghyuk’s friends all while Donghyuk strongly pulls. “It was nice directly meeting you all.” He briskly gets out before Donghyuk’s whining. “Hyung we gotta go!”

“Jinwoo leave before I change my mind and give you triple hours.” Hanbin warns and Donghyuk is sufficiently dragging his numb limbs to the door. “fighting hyung.” Chanwoo yells, waving as the glass doors open and JinJin watches as Junhoe pulls boy’s hand down, sternly looking at a now squirming Chanwoo.  

“They’re together.” Donghyuk says as if he knows what JinJin is thinking, what he’s secretly questioning. The brunette leads him past the shop and up the street to where his car is parked. “Junhoe is quite protective over him, I think it’s kinda cute.” Donghyuk giggles, opening the passenger door for JinJin and hurriedly goes around to hop into the driver’s seat.

“Alright hyung, lets go get captain.” 


I've made everyone so extra lol 

gif, Ikon, and kpop image

I just had to bring ikon in. 

astro, mj, and rocky image