Hogsmeade

Divided

 

Hogsmeade - a small all-wizarding village of cottages and shops 

 

Winter snuck up on Hogwarts, a snow storm winding through the area just the night before. A blanket of white snow covered the scenery on and around Hogwarts, an icy cold draft accompanying it.

 

Irene and a group of other Hogwarts students were in Hogsmeade for a weekend trip provided by the school. They had a couple hours to enjoy with themselves before they had to head back to campus. As the students scattered and everyone was off doing their own thing, Irene was at The Three Broomsticks, drinking butterbeer with Wendy, Namjoon, Yoongi, Hoseok, and Seulgi while Taehyung was at Spintwitches Sporting Needs with Yeri, Joy, Jin, and Jungkook. "Are you gonna go with Jimin to the Yule Ball?" Wendy chimed, sitting back in her seat. The Yule Ball was a traditional formal dance held on Christmas night of a tournament year. The night before, their Headmaster formally announced the holding of the Yule Ball, and everyone was abuzz about it. Hogwarts had nothing like this before, and everyone wanted to attend -- sadly, only fourth years and up could attend, which wasn't a problem for Irene and her friends. 

 

"Well he hasn't formally asked me yet, but I'm assuming that I will," Irene chuckled, taking a sip from her mug. "Aish, so lucky, you're gonna be so pretty in a beautiful dress," Seulgi sighed, not looking up from her textbook. "Yah, why are you studying on a weekend trip? Are you crazy?" Wendy scolded, shaking her head. "You know I don't like studying last minute, Wendy," Seulgi replied, "besides, I can multitask -- no big deal." Wendy just shrugged and drank from her mug, speaking up once more. "What, are you not gonna go to the Yule Ball?" Wendy raised a brow and Seulgi shook her head. "No one's gonna ask me. People are either too scared of me or don't like me." Irene, Namjoon, and Wendy laughed, but Hoseok and Yoongi were silent. "If it makes you feel any better, Seulgi, I would ask you to go with me if I could even go. I received way too many detentions this whole month so I'm not allowed to go to the ball," Yoongi said, and Seulgi chuckled. "I'm in the same boat, Seul," Namjoon chimed, and Seulgi just waved her hands. "It's no big deal, I'll be studying anyway." Irene shook her head and sighed; her poor best friend.

 

"Wow, is that the new Firebolt Supreme? I heard Yoongi's father is going to buy the whole Slytherin Quidditch team their very own." Jungkook was alongside Taehyung the whole time while in the sporting goods shop, like a curious little brother. "Seriously?" Taehyung chuckled, looking down at him, "well even if they do, it doesn't scare me from them. They can buy the best sporting goods, but it doesn't matter if they play poorly." Jungkook nodded in agreement, following him throughout the store. "I can't believe Irene's going to the Yule Ball with Jimin, aish, she's so lucky to be seen with a Durmstrang," Joy gushed to Yeri, and Taehyung's ears grew red just from eavesdropping. "Can we not talk about Jimin when I'm around," Taehyung muttered, and the girls looked at him with curiousity. "Huh? Why? Do you hate him or something," Yeri asked, but Taehyung just ignored her. Yeri and Joy looked at each other, shrugged, and continued to talk about the Yule Ball. "Speaking of the Yule Ball," Jin cleared his throat, catching up to Taehyung, "do you think it's a bad idea to ask Wendy?" Taehyung and Jungkook winced, immediately nodding their heads. "When have you ever taken an interest in Wendy?" Taehyung raised a brow and watched Jin chuckle and rub the back of his neck. "Uh . . since always?" he laughed, and the group just looked at him with the same, confused expression on their faces.

 

As Taehyung and his company stepped out of the shop, he spotted Irene, far off in the distance, sitting by herself on a bench along the outskirts of the village. With Irene being one of the few students with blonde hair, it wasn't hard to spot her. "I need to sort out something at the Hogsmeade Post Office, my mom has been trying to send me something and I haven't been receiving it. I'll meet you up at The Three Broomsticks," Taehyung parted ways with his friends, who waved farewell. He made sure that his friends had entered the inn before jogging over to where Irene was. 

 

"You don't seem like the type to spend time by yourself," Taehyung sighed as he sat on the opposite side of the bench, away from Irene. "How'd you know I was here?" Irene asked, and Taehyung chuckled. "I could see your head all the way from Spintiwtches. You should dye your hair back to black if you wanted to conceal yourself." Irene chuckled, looking back up at the sky. "I saw Jimin's bruise today." Taehyung looked over at her and scoffed. "Oh really? Did he tell you how he got it?" Irene sighed, "He said you were punking him." "And do you believe him?" "I don't know what to believe anymore." Taehyung looked over at her, who was still looking up at the sky. "He's been acting a little weird ever since you gave me the journal. He's more insecure about me, and is even uncomfortable with me hanging out with Yoongi, Hoseok, and Namjoon. He's never been jealous . . I don't know why he's acting like this now." Taehyung sighed, looking down at the ground. "You've got me stumped," Taehyung mumbled, "maybe he's going through something right now. He doesn't seem stable either. I think you should break up with him." "I can't, Taehyung." "Why not?" "I'm not going to give up on someone just because things are tough." Taehyung looked up at Irene, who was looking back at him. He wanted to tell her everything -- his feelings and Jimin's betrayal. He wanted her to understand, to acknowledge his yearning for her acceptance -- but he pulled himself together and stayed neutral.

 

"If he ever hurts you, you know who to come to, right?" Irene giggled and looked at Taehyung, smiling sweetly. "What, so you can punch him again?" "Maybe, but for the most part, to make you feel like you're worth something." Irene stared at him for a long while, but broke the stare once Taehyung looked over at her. "Thanks for always being there for me," she scooted closer to Taehyung so she could lean her head on his shoulder. He tensed up, but kept his cool by looking away. "No problem. I'm always here, Irene -- no matter what happens," he smiled lightly, and looked down at Irene, "so you're not mad that I punched your boyfriend?" "No. He's been acting like an lately, so he deserves it."