Orchideous

Divided

 

Orchideous - spell that makes a bouquet of flowers appear out of the caster's wand

 

It was the day before the Yule Ball, and the number of people that were to attend the ball was pretty much solidified -- even most of Irene and Taehyung's friends were attending. 

 

The only people in their group of friends that weren't attending were Joy, Yoongi, and Namjoon. Joy wanted to leave campus to spend Christmas with her family, and had already left as of yesterday. Yoongi and Namjoon received way too many detentions for bullying underclassmen, so they were unfortunately barred from attending -- which didn't really bother them that much until they found out that the rest of their friends were going.

 

Jungkook was attending the ball with Yeri as his date. They both wanted to go to the ball and mutually agreed that if no one asked Yeri, then they would attend the ball together as friends.

 

Hoseok wound up asking Seulgi to the ball as his date, much to everyone's surprise. The two would always clash and compete, in terms of academics, and everyone thought that they couldn't stand each other since all they talked about with one another was academics. Hoseok secretly harbored feelings for Seulgi, which was the reason why he always studied hard in order to get just as high of a score as Seulgi just so she would notice him. It was known that Seulgi didn't really pay attention to anything or anyone else besides academics, but because Hoseok was competing with her for the spot of the top student, it definitely shifted her attention, even if it was a little bit. 

 

The pair that pretty much shocked the entire campus, even the professors, was that Wendy accepted Jin's proposal to go to the ball with him. For as long as anyone remembered, Wendy hated Jin's guts, just as much as Irene hated Taehyung. Two weeks after the Yule Ball was announced, Jin put his arrogant ego to the side to confide in Wendy, telling her of the feelings he had for her. Wendy initially rejected Jin, but because she too had secret feelings and failed the following days to cope with her decision, she up her pride and reconciled with him. Out of all the students in Slytherin, Wendy was the least likely to associate with a Gryffindor -- now she was attending a ball with one.

 

"So how did he ask you? Did he give you flowers?" Irene was sitting in the courtyard with her Slytherin friends, interrogating Wendy. Although Wendy had accepted Jin's asking weeks ago, she never once told her friends about it and didn't plan to until Jin accidentally blurted out who he was going to the ball with during one of his classes. "Can we not talk about it --" Wendy sighed, but Irene and Seulgi pressed onward. "You shouldn't go with him if he didn't give you flowers," Seulgi stated, almost amused at Wendy's red face. "He gave me one rose, that was it," Wendy replied meekly, not giving any of them eye contact. Irene and Seulgi gushed, and Wendy rolled her eyes. "Hoseok gave me a rose too, that's the only reason why I accepted," Seulgi joked, and everyone laughed except for Hoseok, who was madly blushing, "I almost didn't though, he forgot to trim the thorns and I pricked my finger." "H-Hey, that was an honest mistake!" 

 

Namjoon and Yoongi had no input to the conversation, mostly because they were on the fence about Wendy's association with Jin, as well as what little information they knew about Irene's association with Taehyung. Namjoon was the more accepting of the two, as he genuinely missed joking around with Taehyung and Jin, and picking on Yeri and Joy. Yoongi, on the other hand, was too full of himself to be open minded -- however, after finding out that even Wendy had broken the Slytherin stereotype, he was second-thinking about repairing his torn friendship with their Gryffindor friends.

 

"I wish I could go -- are you sure you can't go, Yoongi?" Irene pouted, turning to him. He shook his head sadly. "Sorry Irene, I tried everything. After I found out that scum Jimin cheated on you, I knew you weren't going to be going with him anymore so I begged the professor to let me go." Irene sighed, but smiled reassuringly. "It's okay." Ever since Taehyung told Irene the truth about Jimin, she broke it off with him. To make it sound like she didn't know anything about Jimin's cheating, she told Jimin that her reasoning for wanting to leave him was that she couldn't handle the false accusations he was making. Jimin acted like he was upset with Irene's decision, but just a couple days later, Irene spotted Jimin around campus with another girl during the weekends. As much as she was hurt, she had to pretend that she was over him -- even though there were still feathering feelings for him. Irene had told her small group of friends the truth, but as for anyone else that asked what happened, she just told them that he was difficult to be with because of the cheating accusations.

 

Taehyung was required to go, as it was tradition for Champions to attend and open the ball with the Champion's Waltz, but even to this day, he hadn't asked anyone to the ball. Girls were throwing themselves at Taehyung ever since the announcement of the ball, because they wanted the attention and glory of being able to go to the Yule Ball with a Champion. Taehyung, however, saw right through these girls' sweet acts. He fueled their thirst even more, though, when someone asked him if he had a date to the ball yet and he said, "No, I'm probably just going to ask a random girl. I don't really have my eye on anyone." Taehyung found it amusing that he had these girls wrapped around his finger, and he was milking the attention. 

 

Taehyung walked into the courtyard with Yeri, Jungkook, and Jin, receiving glorified looks directed to Taehyung from the female students in and around the courtyard. Yoongi and Namjoon shot dirty looks in their direction, receiving a grin from Taehyung and Jin. "What are you looking at, punk?" Yoongi called out, watching Taehyung and Jin snicker with each other. Irene, Seulgi, and Wendy stayed quiet, anxious that a fight was about to break out. "Not you, that's for sure," Taehyung replied as his group stood by him in front of Yoongi's group, "I just wanted to talk to Irene." "Yeah well forget it, she's not talking to you. Jin already ruined the group by putting whatever spell he could think of to get Wendy to go with him to the ball, and I won't let you do the same to Irene." Taehyung laughed, which fueled Yoongi's anger and short temper. "What, upset that you couldn't go with her because you received too many detentions? Just accept the fact that you're a up," Taehyung shot back. As soon as Taehyung spoke the last sentence, Yoongi leaped up and lunged a fist at Taehyung, but Namjoon and Hoseok held him back. "Yoongi, stop, it's not worth it," Hoseok tried to calm Yoongi down, but he wasn't listening. Namjoon and Hoseok, along with Seulgi and Wendy, ended up dragging him away from the courtyard in order to prevent a fight from breaking out. Taehyung chuckled and looked down at Irene, smirking, while she rolled her eyes.

 

"Well . . we should leave you guys alone now . ." Yeri chimed, pulling Jin and Jungkook with her out of the courtyard as she waved goodbye to the both of them. Taehyung took a seat next to Irene, who exhaled loudly and looked away from him. "You didn't have to be rude to Yoongi. You know he's sensitive about his intelligence," Irene scolded. "I know, that's why I said it." Irene glared at him, but gave up on trying to lecture him. "What do you want now? If it's the Charms homework, I'm not giving it to you." "No it's not that, I just wanted to ask how you were. I know it's been hard on you since you broke up with Jimin," Taehyung replied, looking over as Irene hung her head low a bit, "but I want you to know that breaking up with him was the best decision you've made all year. You know, besides talking to me again." Irene chuckled, smiling up at him.

 

"It has been hard," she sighed, "he makes an effort to try and get me to see him and his new girlfriend all the time -- they're even in the courtyard right now, cuddling up against the tree." Taehyung glanced over at the tree, and sure enough, there was Jimin and his new love interest. Sighing, Taehyung patted her head. "I'm okay, you don't have to baby me about it," Irene complained, pushing his arm away from her. "Yah, I'm just worried, yeobo." "Well don't be -- hey, don't call me that!" "Why not?" "Because --" "Hey Taehyung!" The two's attention turned to behind them, wondering where the voice came from. They looked up at the balcony, along with everyone else in the courtyard, seeing Wendy wave from above. Irene squinted her eyes, wondering why Wendy was up there along with what seemed to be the rest of her friends -- including Yeri, Jin, and Jungkook. "What's that spell you taught me this morning?" Wendy called, and Irene furrowed her brows in question. "Orchideous!" Taehyung yelled back, watching Wendy disappear from view. She then reappeared from view, along with the rest of her friends, with their wands held out in front of them. What were they doing?

 

"Orchideous!" they yelled in sync, waving their wands in the same direction at the same time. Flowers flew from the balcony, raining down onto the courtyard. As Irene was laughing and looking around her, watching the flowers fall, she heard a loud sound from the balcony. Her eyes met with a large poster that read "Yule Ball?" And she gasped, legitimately surprised. She burst into laughter and looked over at Taehyung. "You wouldn't have anything to do with this scheme, would you?" Irene raised a brow, and he just shrugged. "You caught me," he grinned, looking down at the flower he was holding, "I did say that I would make you feel like you're worth something." He leaned his head close to hers, holding the flower in front of her face. "So you'll go with me, right?" Irene broke out into a smile and slight laugh, looking back at Taehyung. "Well, since you went out of your way to do this for me, then it would be rude of me to not accept." "It would be very rude of you." Irene giggled, shaking her head. "I'll go with you, Taehyung." For the first time in a while, Irene saw that heartfelt smile on Taehyung's face that she loved, and he held his hand out to tuck the flower behind Irene's ear. Cheers came from their friends on the balcony, interrupting the tender moment. As if the moment couldn't have been ruined even more, a professor patrolling the campus walked into the courtyard, looking around to see what was going on. "Whoever did this has to clean this all up!"