Ferula

Divided

Ferula - spell that binds and splints fractures 

 

The Headmaster and Headmistress of Durmstrang and Beauxbaton were excited for the day, as today was the day of the first Hogwarts quidditch match they were able to watch. Their students weren't able to watch the first match, as they were too busy trying to figure out what the first task would be. Today's match was between Slytherin and Gryffindor, and Slytherin was determined to win this match to show Gryffindor that they were just lucky -- Gryffindor, on the other hand, was sure they were going to win since they claimed victory in their last match together.

 

"Alright guys, I expect you all memorized the game plan by heart," Irene spoke, "we have to win this game. I don't care if we break some bones in the process, this game is ours." As the rest of the team yelled in agreement, Irene crossed her arms and looked over at Naeun, the understudy for the Beater position. "Alright youngin', since you're taking my place, you better kick some . I'm a bit upset that I'm not able to hit the Gryffindors with Bludgers, but you can. Take over my legacy." Naeun nodded, smiling confidently as Irene smiled back.

 

Yoongi wasn't participating in this match, as he had scored three detentions in the same weekend, back to back. As co-captain and Seeker understudy, Irene immediately took over Yoongi's position as Seeker while she brought her understudy, Son Naeun, to take over her position as Beater. Although their roster had changed a bit, they were still confident that they were going to win.

 

"This game is practically ours, guys, Yoongi has left the nest for this match and Irene has taken over his position," Taehyung cackled, pacing back and forth in front of his team, "with Irene as temporary Captain for this match, we're guaranteed the win." 

 

The stands were packed for this match, as everyone was excited to see if Gryffindor was going to continue their winning streak or if Slytherin was going to come back up and claim their rightful throne. As both teams and the referee hovered in the air, the crowd cheered with much excitement. "Watch out for us, Yeri," Hoseok smiled devilishly at the younger girl, and she raised a brow, "Don't have to, you guys are gonna lose anyway." The two broke their eye contact as they heard the sound of the whistle and watched the Quaffle get thrown into the air.

 

It bothered Irene to not be moving as much as she usually did in matches. She just sat on her broom quietly, watching her team mates battle it out, scoring goal after goal. About half an hour into the game, both teams were tied. Gryffindor had seemed to have practiced a new strategy, as it was showing how effective it was. Namjoon had hit the Bludger multiple times at Yeri, but instead of getting hit constantly like the match from before, she dodged them while she carried the Quaffle the whole way to the goal before hurling it. "We're screwed if I don't see the snitch soon," Irene mumbled to herself as she constantly searched the area for the small golden ball. As Joy threw the Quaffle into a goal, putting them in the lead, the Golden Snitch buzzed by Irene's ear and flew right by her nose. Irene took that as her cue to chase after it, and Taehyung moved in her direction as soon as he saw movement from Irene. 

 

Irene soared after the snitch, and Taehyung flew right next to her, trying to distract her. Irene's eyes never left the snitch, and proved itself to be much more difficult to obtain once it blended in with the commotion of the other players duking it out. Irene weaved through the other players, narrowly missing them by inches. Taehyung did the same, never losing sight of Irene. Irene held her hand out to try and reach for the snitch, but her broom was suddenly rammed to the side by Taehyung's broom, and Irene growled under her breath and rammed his broom back. She made a quick glance at Naeun, acknowledging the signal they had established before the match. Irene rammed Taehyung's broom once more before flying upwards, in the same direction as the snitch. The moment Taehyung moved his broom upwards to follow Irene, the Bludger that Naeun hit had made contact with the bottom of Taehyung's broom, pushing him far from Irene. The snitch then made a sharp turn downwards, and Irene quickly reacted, tailing it. She leaned forward, her fingers barely in reach of the snitch. She almost had it in her grasp -- if only her arm was longer.

 

As Irene was focused on reaching for the snitch, a Gryffindor Beater hit a Bludger her direction, ending up ramming into the very back of Irene's broom. The sudden force pushed Irene further, and she successfully snatched the snitch from the air; although, since she was flying downwards, the force of the Bludger caused Irene to fly downwards even faster, and she crashed into the ground, tumbling a few times before lying on the grass. The emcee blew the whistle to call a foul, but Irene held up her arm, displaying the Golden Snitch in her grasp. Roars erupted from the crowd, and the Slytherin audience was rejoicing. "Slytherin takes the win with a score of 200 - 60!" the emcee's voice boomed. As Irene's team was celebrating in the air, she tried to get up, but felt a sudden, sharp pain from her entire right arm. "," Irene winced, biting her lip to cope with the pain. "Irene!" Taehyung yelled from afar. Irene turned to where she heard the voice from, and saw Taehyung running to her with his broom in hand. "Are you okay?" Taehyung shouted as he ran to her side, and she shook her head. "My arm . . ," Irene wailed, grunting in pain as she tried to pull herself up. "Irene, stop," Taehyung demanded as he slowly and carefully brought her up from the ground and into his arms. "It hurts, Taehyung," Irene whimpered, and Taehyung tried his best to comfort her. "I know Irene, but just hang on a little longer, okay?" Taehyung ran out of the Quidditch pitch with Irene in his arms, leaving everyone to celebrate Slytherin's win.

 

As Yoongi was on his way to his second detention, he saw students rush past him, talking about how Irene was hurt from the match. He immediately turned around and followed the group; he didn't care if he was going to receive another detention for that, he had to make sure Irene was okay.

 

As he ran into the infirmary, panting heavily, he saw a group of students surrounding a bed, with the nurse in the middle. He heard Irene scream in pain, and sprinted towards the bed. He pushed students out of his way to get to the middle, and saw Irene in the bed, crying profusely as the nurse casted a spell to bind and splint the multiple fractures in Irene's arm. He looked up at Taehyung, who was by Irene's side, holding her hand. Yoongi felt his heart almost leap out of his chest as he watched Irene cry in pain, and couldn't stand to see his close friend like that. Soon, the nurse had finished repairing the fractures and casted a spell to help reduce the pain before enforcing everyone to leave so that Irene could get some rest. Taehyung was allowed to stay, and felt compelled to, just in case anyone who visited her interrupted her rest. Yoongi left along with the rest of the group; he would come back once Irene had woken up.

 

Taehyung stayed by Irene's side the whole day, only getting up for restroom breaks and to get something to eat. Their friends often came by throughout the day to see if Irene had woken up, but she hadn't. As Taehyung rubbed his face, walking back into the infirmary, he spotted Jimin by her bed. Taehyung walked back to his seat, letting Jimin become aware of his presense. Jimin glanced at Taehyung, who shared a quick glance before sighing and looking away from him. Taehyung sat in silence, watching Jimin from his peripheral vision. "Is it crazy that I still love her?" Jimin asked in a soft tone. Taehyung sighed, resting his head on his hand as his elbow sat on Irene's bed. "What?" Jimin added, and Taehyung just shook his head. "I'm just tired of your , Jimin. That's all," Taehyung said simply, not looking at him for even one moment, "you need to let her go." "You love her, don't you?" "What makes you say that? You think you know everything, don't you?" Jimin chuckled lightly, shaking his head. "I will admit that I don't know a lot of things, but the one thing I do know is that you love her," Jimin explained, "the look on your face when you saw Irene on the ground in the Qudditch pitch said it all. I already had my suspicions, but you confirmed it for me today." Taehyung didn't say anything. He didn't want Jimin to know anything about him anymore after he found out what an he was. "What's it to you if I do?" Taehyung questioned, looking over at Jimin, "not that I do, because you still don't know anything." Jimin chuckled, shaking his head. "Alright, lying now, are we," he exhaled, digging his hands into his pockets, "nothing. I just wanted to tell you to take care of her. Cherish her more than I ever did." "I've been doing that." Jimin gave Taehyung a look that he couldn't decipher, and he broke the eye contact with a chuckle. "Good," Jimin smiled a small smile before turning to leave.