Fidelius

Divided

 

 

Fidelius - Spell that hides a secret within someone

 

The next day, the students of Hogwarts were constantly talking about rumors as to who was going to put their names in the Goblet of Fire. All the students from Durmstrang and Beaxbaton had already submitted their names, and only a few seventh years from Hogwarts had submitted. One of the few was Taehyung. Pushed by his peers and fellow students to enter, he gained the courage to enter in the tournament. He thought it would be good for him, and everyone seemed to support it except for a number of people -- Irene being one of them.

 

It was third period. Taehyung and Jin were in their Charms class, messing around. Irene, who unfortunately sat next to the two, was busy reading from her textbook. She didn't feel like putting down Taehyung when she had a Charms exam later within the day, and Taehyung was making her studying worse by his obnoxious laughing. Taehyung, noticing Irene's annoyance, decided to boost up her annoyance to the next level. He was using his wand to levitate a feather, and led it to tickle Irene's ear. Irene swatted the feather away from her, closed her book loudly, and turned her head to Taehyung. "Still performing first-year charms, I see. Is that all you remember from Charms?" Irene spat, crossing her leg over the other and glaring at the amused teen. "From what I recall, both of us have to complete the last test to move up," he shot back, and Irene just scoffed and turned away from him. "Well unlike you, I'm serious about passing it, so please pipe the down and let me pass this test before you do." Taehyung huffed. He hated when Irene made it sound like she was better than him at Charms, because he was, indeed, one of the best Charms students. Why he wasn't in an advanced class, well, is thanks to his laziness. 

 

He wanted to get back at Irene, but since he couldn't think up of anything original, he decided to poke fun at what he witnessed the night before.

 

"Hey Irene," Taehyung scooted his chair closer to hers and nudged her arm. Irene sighed with exhaustion, refusing to look over at Taehyung. Taehyung cleared his throat, making sure that what he was about to say would be heard by the whole class. "So are you and Jimin dating or what? That hug you gave him was almost touching, I was trying hard not to gag." Irene didn't move, but she widened her eyes and bit the inside of her cheek. Her eyes scanned the room, and some of the students were looking over at her and Taehyung. "Well? We're all waiting, Joohyun." At this point, most of the students looked in her direction, waiting for her to say something. She had kept up her myterious reputation for the longest time now, and of course Taehyung had to be the one to ruin it. "Yeah, we are," Irene replied, looking back down at her book. Taehyung, taken aback by her confident answer, was left dumbfounded while the rest of the students immediately burst into conversation with one another. It wasn't going to be long before the entire student body found out.

 

"That no-good Gryffindor . . . when I see him I'll pummel his face in," Yoongi rambled after hearing what had happened in Irene's Charms class. Yoongi was the only one who knew about Irene and Jimin's relationship, but after today, he wasn't the only one anymore. "Save it, Yoongi. It's my last year at Hogwarts, so anyone's opinions about me doesn't matter," Irene sighed, looking up at the sky. Classes had ended for the day, and everyone had about two hours before they had to attend the Halloween feast and the announcement of the Triwizard Tournament participants. "Do you think maybe . . if we made up with them, we wouldn't have this problem?" Irene asked, and Yoongi shook his head. "Don't bring up that subject again, Irene. We would have this problem either way, and any talk of associating with them is insane. Hold on to your Slytherin pride, for goodness sake." Irene sighed and glanced at him. "You're right."

 

That night, at the Halloween feast, Irene couldn't stop fidgeting. She was anxious. She didn't want Jimin's name to be called. She didn't want to be in Cho's position in 1995 when Cedric had died. She wasn't one to be scared, but this tournament was a big deal. Soon, the feast was paused by the Headmaster, who proceeded to call out names from the Goblet of Fire. "Our first champion will be . . ." The ablazed goblet lit up the darkened room with it's bright blue illumination, and three scraps of burned paper slowly fell into the Headmaster's open hands. "Beauxbatons' Tiffany Hwang." A girl with long, jet black hair stood up from the Ravenclaw table and bowed, waving briefly before sitting back down. "Our second champion, Park Jimin." Jimin stood up from his seat next to Irene, and her mind went blank. She saw him smiling down at her and she smiled back, but she was uneasy. "And lastly, our third champion . . . Kim Taehyung." The Great Hall burst into a roar, cheering for their Hogwarts representative. Taehyung stood up, waving frantically and excitedly before sitting down. 

 

As the night came to a close, students were in their respective dorms, the Beauxbatons were in their carriage, and the Durmstrangs were in their ship. Taehyung was monitoring the halls, as it was one of his duties as a Head Boy. He only had to do it for an hour, and then staff took over. While patrolling the classroom hall, he noticed Irene exiting the Charms classroom. "Hey," Taehyung called, "what are you doing?" Irene turned around and stopped in her tracks. "I was talking to the Professor about my test results. I wanted to know as soon as possible," she replied calmly. "And?" Taehyung raised a brow. "I passed." Irene flashed him an innocent smile. "Congratulations. I'll be caught up to you by tomorrow, though," he grinned, and Irene just chuckled. She turned to walk away, but she paused. "Speaking of . . . congratulations on getting chosen as Champion. I have no choice but to support you, because you're representing Hogwarts." Was Irene really giving him positive words? "I thought I'd never hear you say something nice to me, Joohyun," Taehyung chuckled, "but thanks." Irene stood for a few seconds before speaking again. "As much as I'm worried for Jimin, I'm also worried for you. Please take care of yourself." With that, she began to walk off. "Oh, and don't you dare tell anyone we had this conversation, otherwise I'll beat your face in with a bludger at this weekend's opening Quidditch game."