Castelobruxo

Divided

Castelobruxo - noun; the South American wizarding school located in the Amazon rainforest of northern Brazil

 

Within the past month, the tournament was called to a halt for the students of Hogwarts to focus on and finish up their last two months of classes before the third and final task of the Triwizard Tournament. Students went about their days as normal, especially since the tournament was no longer a focus, and time went by a lot slower than everyone would have wanted -- they didn't really have anything to look forward to other than the end of the school year. Of course, after completing their exams. 

 

Irene and Taehyung's group of friends finally came back together and settled their differences. It started with Irene pursuing a relationship with Taehyung, and then Wendy pursuing a realtionship with Jin. Settling their differences was a lot less scary than the opposing groups made it out to be, and it turned out to benefit everyone in the end -- they were like a happy family all over again.

 

Irene, Taehyung, and Seulgi were currently in Castelobruxo, the wizarding school of South America, for the annual trip of seventh years to attend the Magical Creatures Convention. The trip was a tradition that was granted to seventh year students as a gift for their last year at Hogwarts. While they were relaxing in a charmed tent in a secluded field not far from Castelobruxo with other attendees of the convention, their fifth and sixth year friends were stuck back at Hogwarts studying for exams. 

 

"Why did the convention have to be here ... it's so humid I could feel myself melting," Taehyung complained, fanning himself as he and the rest of his classmates walked towards a fairly large building, assuming to be the convention arena. "Castelobruxo students are known to be really skilled in Magizoology, it was pretty much a given that the convention would take place here," Seulgi replied matter-of-factly. Taehyung just huffed and kept walking. They weren't too far from the building, it would be much better indoors, he thought. Once indoors, the students scattered, as they were free to roam the convention until their designated meeting time, which was two hours away from the present time. "I'll be taking pictures to show Hoseok what he's missing out on, you guys can go off without me," Seulgi turned to her friends and smiled, "don't wanna be the third wheel anyway." Before the two could say anything, she pulled a camera from under her robe and started snapping away.

 

"Would this be our official first date?" Taehyung questioned, following Irene's lead and walking closer to her. "If you don't count the time that we snuck off to the bell tower to talk, then yes," Irene chuckled, bumping her shoulder against his. He reached for her hand first, and although they had been exclusive to one another for only about a month, the feeling still got her all giddy. On the night that Irene was referring to, the two got personal and talked of what they thought was in store for the future. It was one of their most intimate moments, and the two felt their bond grow stronger after that night. "You still wanna be an Auror?" Taehyung changed the subject, as he was reminded of their conversation, and looked down at Irene who just shrugged. "I don't think I can take that much responsibility ... but I'd definitely like to work in that department," she answered as she looked up at an exhibit of centaurs to her left, "did you decide if you wanted to pursue Quidditch seriously?" Taehyung sighed, ruffling his free hand through his hair. "Depends ... would I rather work in the same department as you and see you everyday or would I want to become an all-time famous Quidditch player and have you be my cute little cheerleader?" Irene looked up at him blankly and rolled her eyes, Taehyung cackling at her reaction. "I'm kidding," he smiled to himself, "I don't know yet. I feel like I'll know when the time comes." "Okay well, hope you decide by the time you meet my parents. It won't look good for you if you don't know what you want as your career." "Whoa why are we talking about this now?" Meeting Irene's parents? Wasn't this kind of talk too soon in their relationship? "I told my parents that I'm in a relationship with you. They're not as irked as I thought they would be, but you know that they're still stern." Taehyung just stared ahead and gulped nervously. Irene looked up at him and let out a small smile. "Well ... no matter what happens, I'll stay by your side. I said I would, anyway." Taehyung looked down at her and his nervousness went away immediately. He chuckled a bit and pecked her forehead, "Thanks."

 

An hour had passed by, and professors were already rounding up students. There was a new curfew set that they were not informed of until recently, and the convention workers were closing up the event for the day. "I didn't even get to see the unicorns though ..." Irene pouted, her professor sighing. "Sorry about that, Ms. Bae," her professor commented, "it's for everyone's safety." When questioned, the professor was very vague, but insisted that everyone had free time for themselves in their tents until lights had to be out at ten o' clock. 

 

Back at everyone's respective tents, Seulgi and Irene were trying to figure out what was going on. Their other two classmates who were rooming with them didn't really seem to pay any attention to the curfew, as they were exhausted from the heat and decided to head to bed early. They could fit four people in one tent, as all the tents were charmed to look a lot like a small tent, but in actuality the tents had four rooms with plenty of space. 

 

"I overheard the professors talking," Seulgi said in a low voice, "there's been a group of shamans that have been targeting Castelobruxo faculty and students to use as sacrifices for their rituals since the beginning of the school year." "That sounds scary ... the headmaster approved the trip despite all this? Is he insane?" Seulgi shrugged. "Maybe he was told that everything would be under control so that we would still get a trip, you know? I think we should be fine though, there's a lot of Aurors here to make sure that convention goers feel safe. You shouldn't think too much of it." 

 

All lights were out at exactly ten o' clock, and everyone was fast asleep for some time. Irene was jolted awake when she heard piercing screams and loud, shuffled noises outside. "What's going on ..." Irene mumbled to herself as she grabbed her wand and got out of bed. She walked into the living room, seeing her two classmates already up. "What's happening?" Irene questioned, and her classmates gave her worried looks, but they didn't know what was going on either. Suddenly, one of their professors bolted into their tent, yelling. "Everyone get out now, we need to get to Castelobruxo. Don't ask any questions, just run!" "Wait, where's Seulgi?" Irene searched for Seulgi frantically while the other two girls ran off, and the professor grabbed her by the arm. "We'll find Seulgi later, but for right now, you need to get to safety." "I'm not leaving without Seulgi!" "Bae Joohyun! We will find Seulgi, please just obey orders for right now." Irene had no choice but to obey her professor's orders, and with that, she left the tent.

 

As she stepped outside, she quickly followed the crowd through the small little setup of tents, and was halted when flame-torched arrows rained down from the sky, setting some tents alight. Screams erupted and the crowd panicked, causing them to run for dear life to Castelobruxo. Figures in long, ancient-looking masks shoved their way into the crowd from the opposite direction, grabbing people and setting more tents on fire. From there, the crowd split. Irene sprinted towards the wizarding school campus like her life depended on it, but turned her head when she heard her name being screamed. Off to the side of the campsite, she saw Seulgi being dragged away by two of the many masked figures. She didn't know what surged over her, but she knew that she had to do something. Irene bolted towards them, and as soon as the figures noticed her, she raised her arm and quickly cast a spell. "Confundo!" She yelled, and the two figures moved apart from Seulgi, as if something had forced the two to break apart. Irene grasped a hold of Seulgi's hand and made a run for it, almost making it to campus. A spell was suddenly shot at Irene from behind, rendering her motionless as she fell to the ground. "Irene!" Seulgi cried, trying to pull her up, but noticed the masked figures catching up to them -- and quick. "Seulgi, run," Irene yelled. Seulgi looked at her frantically, and Irene yelled. "I said go!" Seulgi kneeled down to grab Irene's wand, then proceeded to cast a spell on the masked figures. "Depulso!" She cried, and the two figures were flown back, away from them. Irene panted, feeling helpless. Most of her classmates had already gotten to safety, and saw that the professors and Aurors were fighting off other masked figures. "Okay Irene, let's go," Seulgi exhaled deeply as she grabbed ahold of Irene's arm and started dragging her towards the school building, which didn't happen to be too far. Before they could make it to the steps, Seulgi was grabbed from behind. Irene fell to the ground when Seulgi lost a hold of her. 

 

"Seulgi!" Irene shrieked as a much taller and bulkier masked figure held her by the collar of her robe. "I'll show you what happens to sacrifices that choose to be difficult," the two heard the figure say, and he suddenly pushed her to the ground, casting a spell on her. "Crucio!" He casted an Unforgiveable Curse, and pain instantly surged throughout Seulgi's body. Seulgi cried out in pain, and Irene wailed for him to stop. She regained mobility of the upper half of her body, but could not move her lower half. Irene's wand was on the ground with Seulgi, so she could do nothing but beg for the attacker to stop. As she crawled towards her wand, she noticed that the more mobility she regained, the less she could breathe. Soon enough, she was gasping for air. "Confringo!" A voice yelled from afar, and a large ball of fire hit Seulgi's attacker, sending him flying a few feet away. "Nice shot kid," a voice said, and immediately two Aurors ran to the girls' aid. One Auror sprinted towards the attacker and dueled him while the other reversed the spell casted on Seulgi. "Irene," Taehyung panted as he kneeled down to pick up Irene in his arms. "Seulgi ..." Irene breathed, and Taehyung turned to Seulgi, who had been rendered unconscious from the attack. "She'll be alright, don't talk okay?" Taehyung quickly casted a healing spell that opened her closed airway, helping her regain her breathing. Irene babbled incoherent words that Taehyung couldn't understand, and he was panicking about what to do. "Take her to the school," the Auror advised as he picked up Seulgi in his arms, "she's having hot flashes. Get her to the infirmary." The two hustled to the school, leaving behind the rest of the Aurors to capture the shamans that invaded the campsite.

 

Taehyung sat in silence between Seulgi and Irene, who were both unconscious. The Auror who had helped save Seulgi walked over to Taehyung. "I gotta hand it to ya ... maybe disobeying my orders did some good," the Auror spoke, and caused Taehyung to give him a small smile. During the riot, Taehyung had made it safely to the school, but noticed that he wasn't seeing Irene and Seulgi in the crowds coming up to the school. Worried that something might have happened to them, he made his way back down to the campsite, and was pulled back by the Auror, telling him that he needed to stay at Castelobruxo. He pulled away from his grip and ran off to look for Irene and Seulgi. In the process, he even helped capture shamans and aided the Aurors -- all so he could find Irene and Seulgi.

 

"You should consider pursuing the path of an Auror, Taehyung. I couldn't think of anything else better suited for a gentleman like yourself."

 


 

A/N: okay I'M SO SORRY FOR THE LACK OF UPDATES life is just super duper busy for me these days and I really don't have the time to update my fanfics. I'll update when I can, but I'm busy with school and things related to a club that I'm in. please don't hate me ; n ; I do miss updating, though, so I will definitely try to balance updating with all the other things I'm busy with. hope you guys enjoy this long update as a make up for my absence haha ^ ^ ; ;