Chosen

Divided

Chosen - adjective ; selected 

 

After the winter break was over, classes resumed at Hogwarts and everyone that left for the holidays came back for the new semester. Rumors flew around, mostly by those who went to the ball, about what had happened. Those who hadn't attended the ball constantly asked about the details, and it wasn't long before everyone knew about how Taehyung asked Irene to the ball -- which was a shock to a lot of people. 

 

Irene and Taehyung were bombarded with questions; "Why'd you ask her?" "Why did you go with him?" "What happened to Jimin?" Irene gave the same, simple answer to everyone, which was, "Because no one else asked me." 

 

Yoongi was a little bothered that his friends were talking again, but Namjoon and Joy were happy about it. Yoongi didn't realize that Taehyung and Irene's group of friends merged back together while he, Namjoon, and Joy were at home with family, and he felt a bit left out that he had missed everything. 

 

Irene was currently in Transfiguration with Seulgi and Hoseok, working with the two to figure out the recent assignment. As Seulgi and Hoseok argued what the right way to half transfigure someone was, the Headmaster quietly stepped into the classroom. "Sorry for the interruption professor, but I'd like a word with a student of yours," the Headmaster's voice quieted everyone in the room, all eyes on him. "Oh that's quite alright," the professor replied, "who were you to speak with?" "Bae Joohyun." The attention that was on the Headmaster than shifted to Irene, who blinked innocently and only moved to stand up once Seulgi nudged her arm. "Gather your things, Joohyun, you won't have time to head back to class," the Headmaster instructed, and Irene hurriedly shoved her things into her bag before rushing over to the Headmaster. He smiled down at her before waving at the professor, leaving the classroom with Irene high on his tail.

 

Irene stayed quiet the entire time she followed the Headmaster to his office. Once she stepped foot into the room, she was mesmerized by the walls, which were stuffed with shelves of books, and strewn with random objects and papers. "Take a seat over here," the Headmaster gestured to a plush seat placed in front of an oak desk. As Irene obeyed his instruction, she sat quietly and placed her book bag on the floor by the chair, and rested her hands on her lap. "Am I . . . in trouble?" Irene asked meekly, and the Headmaster chuckled heartily. "No, not at all, Joohyun," the Headmaster shook his head as he sat on the other side of the desk. Irene let out a sigh of relief, but now she was wondering the real reason as to why the Headmaster, of all people, would want to speak to her. "What I have to say is very important, so please listen carefully." Irene furrowed her eyebrows in confusion, but she just nodded and watched the Headmaster's reactions. "Your involvement is needed in the second task. I'm not giving you an option because you are required to be involved in the second task of the Triwizard Tournament." Irene blinked and looked up at the Headmaster. "What?"

 

"I called in Taehyung earlier today after breakfast for information I needed for the second task," the Headmaster explained, "in the second task, the Champions are to rescue their most cherished loved one from a dragon that is enchanted to protect them. In order to base the person that is to be held "hostage" by the dragon, I've extracted a copy of a cherished memory from Taehyung to see who this person would be. As for Tiffany and Jimin, their headmaster and headmistress did the same. As I extracted the memory from Taehyung, you were the one that the memory was based off of, so the tournament has chosen you to be apart of it." Irene sat in silence, trying to take in everything all at once. "What do I have to do?" Irene asked, and the Headmaster smiled. "Nothing," he said, "on the day of the second task, you will be brought into a tent, where you will lie down and be enchanted into a great, sleep-inducing spell. You will be shackled into four locks, and once the fourth lock has been unlocked, you will regain consciousness. You are in no sense of danger, as the dragons used in this task are enchanted to protect you, so they will not harm you in any way."

 

The Headmaster went on to explain that once she had regained consciousness, she was not allowed to help Taehyung whatsover, and points would be taken off if she casted any sort of spells to aide Taehyung or to distract the other two Champions. As the Headmaster explained all the rules and cautions, he asked if she had any other questions before he sent her on her way. "There is one question I have," Irene spoke, "but it's not really tournament related, if that's okay?" "Ask away, dear." "What was the memory you pulled from Taehyung, if I may ask?" The Headmaster tapped his chin, humming to himself to try and remember. "I believe it was the two of you running into the wall of Platform 9 3/4 together to board the train to Hogwarts for your first year." Irene looked down at her hands, furrowing her brows. "Something the matter?" The Headmaster questioned, and Irene just shook her head. "I'm just puzzled -- I didn't think I was that important to him." The Headmaster smiled warmly and exhaled deeply, resting his hands on the desk. "Well," he began, "I specifically casted the spell to extract a memory with someone that is close and dear to his heart, and that was the memory that was extracted. Although you may be confused, the truth stands -- you're the most cherished being to Taehyung."