Forthcoming

Divided

Forthcoming - adjective; about to appear / approaching in time

 

After the attack at Castelobruxo, media jumped immediately on the incident, and the people severely effected by it were bombarded by news outlets -- namely, Irene, Suelgi, and Taehyung. Although there was a whole week left of the seventh years' trip, the Hogwarts students were immediately sent back home to ensure their safety, as there were a handful of shamans that weren't captured on the night of the attack. Taehyung was more so worried for Irene and Seulgi rather than his own well being, staying up all night the day that everything happened. Irene was fine the next day, just really sore. Seulgi on the other hand, didn't wake up until two days after. Despite that, she was completely okay, just suffered a bit of trauma. 

 

As compensation for cutting the seventh years' trip short, they were given the last week of their trip to spend it however they wished, whether it be at home with their family or unlimited trips to Hogsmeade throughout the week for those who stayed on campus. 

 

It was currently the week before exam sessions were to take place, and everyone was stressing out. Irene had just finished helping Wendy study for her exams, and the two parted ways after a good four hours of studying to figure out what their boyfriends were up to. Irene made her way towards the library, as she knew that Taehyung had been there religiously since they came back to Hogwarts. After the incident at Castelobruxo, Taehyung became passionate about becoming an auror and was serious about his career choice. Receiving good word from an auror only fueled his drive, and he wanted to make sure that he would be eligible for the position. Irene scanned the crowded library, searching for Taehyung. She almost missed him because of the tower of books on his desk, his head ducked behind them because he leaned forward to read a book in his hands. "Hey Tae," she called, giving him a small smile when he looked up at her. A tired smile appeared on his face as he let out a sigh and sat up. They shared a quick peck before Irene sat down next to him, peering over at what he was studying. "You're really serious about this, aren't you?" she asked as she flipped through the pages of the book. "Yeah," he exhaled deeply as he rubbed his tired eyes, "don't know what washed over me but now I can't do anything else but make sure that I pass my exams. If I don't pass, I don't get to become an auror." "I'm sure that having a good word put in by an auror is good enough, isn't it? It's worked for past auror." "Yeah but I don't want to completely fail and then have a good word on me, it wouldn't make any sense." Irene nodded, turning to him. "You need to take a break sometimes, okay? Don't overwork yourself." Taehyung sighed, letting out a yawn before he rested his head on his hand, looking at his girlfriend tiredly. "Distract me then," he whispered, leaning towards her face, but was interrupted by her hand being pushed against his face. "You've been a distraction to me for years, shutup," Irene rolled her eyes at Taehyung's pout, "anyway, how do you feel about me being a nurse?" Taehyung perked up in surprise and blinked. "I never thought you'd be interested in that department. What made you change your mind?" "Seeing my best friend be unconscious for days kinda takes a toll on me, you know? I want to help those in the same situation, heal people." Taehyung stared at her, half-lidded and all, and slightly smiled. "What?" Irene chuckled, seeing his weird smile. "Nothing," he sighed, shifting his head to rest on Irene's shoulder, "I've just never seen you talk about anything that way before; besides me, of course." He cackled childishly as he felt a strong flick on the forehead.

 

Irene soon left Taehyung alone to study on his own, but he begged her to at least keep him company. She briefly left to grab the both of them some hot tea and made sure to keep him awake when he dozed off. Irene even began to study on her own, although she was confident that she would do well on her exams since the subjects were easy for her. Taehyung on the other hand, needed to study practically the hardest subjects, so he was having a much more difficult time than Irene. She had to latch him away from his books to go to the Great Hall for dinner, as he really wanted to skip dinner to study longer. "After dinner you're going to chill out and then head to bed. You've been studying all day and you need a break," Irene was telling Taehyung before dropping him off at the Gryffindor table, "pleaaseeee?" Taehyung turned to look at her and chuckled. "Okay, just as long as you're studying with me for the rest of this week," he said, and Irene groaned. "Fine," she rolled her eyes as Taehyung smiled cutely and kissed her goodbye before she walked off to her house's dinner table.

 

Irene and Taehyung walked to their signature spot after dinner at the tree that they had met at before they snuck into the forbidden forest with Wendy back when the first task was given to the Champions. Irene could tell that Taehyung was still tense and tried her best to get his mind off of everything until she let it slip that her parents wanted to meet Taehyung after exam sessions were over for the school year. "What? When did they tell you this?" Taehyung turned his head quickly to Irene, who winced at her mistake. "Uh this past weekend," she replied, "but it's really not a big deal, I've said many good things about you and they just want to see how you are now that you're not a kid anymore. After all, that's the last time they saw you around me." Taehyung sighed and rubbed his face. He was going to have to do this eventually, and there was no other way around it. He would just have to it up if it meant being with the girl of his dreams. "I'll be fine ... right?" Taehyung looked over at Irene, who was chuckling. "I'm sure you'll be fine," she replied, patting his shoulder before she leaned her head on his arm. 

 

"I know you're struggling, Tae -- Auror studies and exams stressing you out, the final task of the tournament, and meeting my parents for the first time. But you know, you have to fight through some bad days to earn the best days of your life, and I know that those best days of your life will be worth it because I'm gonna be in them," Irene explained, laughing at the end of her sentence. Taehyung rolled his eyes as he listened to the cheerful giggles of his silly girlfriend. 

 

"And you say I'm full of it sometimes? I mean you're not wrong but damn okay, I see you."

 

"Taehyung, you know damn well that we would go crazy without each other."

 

"True."

 


 

A/N: hey hey anotha update ~ sorry if this chapter was a little short and boring, it's kind of a filler chapter for what I have planned for the next couple chapters to come. I'll be updating a lot more often because I have more time on my hands now so please support me while I try to get me fanfics together haha ^ ^ ; ; I also have a new university au fic featuring btsvelvet, would appreciate your love and support on that story if you guys are interested c: alright signing off for today, but will update again soon!