Chapter 7

My Future Mrs. Capable
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
 

*grocery bag drop*


Eomma? Mrs. Kim decided to pay a visit to her youngest. Aigoo~ He must be suffering from his work. Took her phone and dialed a number.
  (Yoboseyo?)
  "Gapjin-ah, this is Kookie's mom. Does he have any schedule for today?"
  (Annyeonghaseyo, Eomonim. No, he doesn't.)
  "That's great. Thanks for the info, Gapjin-ah. Don't tell him that I'll be visiting him,  neh?  It’s a surprise."
  (Arasso,  . Take care.)   =Call ended=   "Driver-ssi, please make it a bit faster... Can't wait to see my son." She chuckles.
  "Arasseumnida, ma'am."  

Holding a bag of groceries, she entered the lift and pressed "9" among the buttons. To her disappointment, the lift has been delayed by people from different floors until she reached the 9th floor. She quickly made her way to his son's condominium.

She make sure to put in the code correctly and open the door as silent as she can. He must be jogging somewhere by now. She tiptoed on her way to the kitchen to put in the groceries only to be surprised. Her son's kissing a lady wearing his shirt. Only his shirt,  she guessed.    Oh my gosh~ *grocery bag drops* My son… "Kookie?"
"Eomma?" The two stood straight a step away from each other, revealing the lady.
"Jihyo-ssi?"
  "Mrs. Kim?"

The three had been very silent in the dining area. Jongkook's mother was standing by the end of the table, her son seated on a chair on her left and Jihyo on her right, making the two face each other as they seat oppositely. The two were afraid to initiate the awkward conversation. Jihyo's been holding on a glass of water, she felt pressured.

  "Jihyo-ssi… Can I call you ‘Jihyo-ah’?" Jongkook look at his mom, surprised. Eomma?   "A-ah n-neh, Mrs. K-Kim."

"Don't need to be afraid, Jihyo-ah. Call me, Eomonim (mother-in-law)."   "Eomma?" JK asked in confusion with the sudden twist.   "What?" She looked sharply at Jongkook. Turning back and holding Jihyo's hand, "Welcome to the family, my dear."

"A-ah… Thanks, Mrs. Kim."
"Eomonim, please.” she quickly correct her.   "A-ah Eomonim, neh."                                                                                              
"As for you my son, why didn't you introduce Jihyo to me?"

"Eomma, will be getting there one of this days. You're just... early."

"Reasons..."   The topic was getting somewhere Jihyo knows - 'marriage' and 'family'. Her oppa had told them in their group meals how his mother wants him to get married soon. In one of RM episode, his mother approve to have Jongkook's grandchild even before marriage. She knows her now 'eomonim' will talk about it and she's a lot more pressured. She drinks her water.

"So when are you getting married?"  Jihyo choked in some water as Jongkook immediately ran to her side and took some action.
"Eomma… Too sudden. We're not talking about it yet…"
  "Why? You've been living together, right? Why delay the wedding?"
  "You got it all wrong, Eomma. We... We started dating yesterday."   Jihyo somehow calm down and decided to drink the water again.
  "Wrong? How many times have you done it?" Jihyo coughed out the water. "Jihyo-ah, my dear, are you okay?"
"Eomma, please---" He's getting embarrassed with his mother's frank questions.
"Once." Jihyo bravely blurted out.
"Jinja?"
"And we're drunk." He added.   "So why are you two together?"   "I asked her to stay." He lied to keep the long story 'very' short.   "Ohh---"   Jihyo suddenly felt like
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter