Chapter 20

My Future Mrs. Capable
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Seonghee has been busy scanning over her SNS that she didn’t notice her sister woke up.   “Where am I?” Seonghee yelp in shock, hearing her sister’s hoarse voice. To her surprise, she dashed out of the room to inform the doctor, bumping at her brother who happened to went back from the grocery.   In no time, the doctor came and the younger siblings excused themselves out. Full of curiosity of their sister’s condition, the mischievous Moonie faked the sound of the door and they both stayed inside hiding by the corner, silently eavesdropping.   “Cheon Seong-Im-ssi. I’m Uhm Gyeong-Jung, your assigned physician. How do you feel?”   “I’m good, I guess. What am I doing here?”   “You fainted and a brawny man brought you here.” A brawny man? Could it be Jongkook oppa?  “What was the last thing you can remember before passing out?”   “The last thing I can remember?” She scratched her forehead, “Well… I was in an argument… But maybe I was just tired since I didn’t get to sleep well last night.”   “I see. Are you taking any medications right now? Vitamins?”   “No… Doctor.”   “I believe you need some so I’m going to prescribe medications to help you get better. Do you have allergies on medicine? Food?”   “Neh. I’ve been hospitalized before due to allergic reaction to an imported IV fluid.”   “Did the doctor informed you of what was that IV fluid for? And when was the last time you got allergic reaction?”   “Ever since I was young I had been allergic to such.” Squinting her eyes, “I think the last one was in 2011. My doctor said it was to combat exhaustion.” Remembering the breathing difficulty back then.   “Okay then. Don’t worry about this one.” Pointing out the IV line currently injected to her, assuring it’s not one of the imported stocks. Then she check her clipboard, continuing the prescription precautionary questions. “Ms. Cheon, are you pregnant?”   Jihyo didn’t answer a word and look somewhere off.   The doctor smirked, concluding her patient’s discomfort. “Younger generation nowadays, tend to be sensitive over this question. Seung-Im-ssi, this is merely a-”   “Yes, I am.” Jihyo interjected. “Please don’t tell anyone.”   The doctor nodded and pause for a second as if she notice something.   “Is there something wrong, doctor?” Jihyo ask in concern.   “Ah no. Don’t mind that. I don’t think you need medication. Modifying your lifestyle will be safer for the both you.”   As soon as she finishes discussing with Jihyo, she went out of the room, meeting Seonghee and Seongmoon outside.   “Your sister may have undergone ‘syncope’, which you refer to as ‘fainting’ or simply ‘passing out.’ Possible causes were exhaustion and emotional stress, which your sister had acknowledged.” The siblings were nodding as they listen to every word she was saying.   “I’ve been working in most of this hospital rooms for decades…” She continued. “And I know when someone passes out of the door, no matter how secretly it was done. And I highly believe you heard something you shouldn’t have. Stay her out of your family conflicts and don’t stress her. Well, you don’t want her to faint again, don’t you?”   The doctor’s suggestion was too late for them to adhere. As before the old woman came out from Jihyo’s room, Seonghee had already called her mother, informing their sister’s revelation.   From then on, the two of them never ask a question nor dug deeper to what they have just learned - the fact that they can now be considered aunt and uncle.  

Before anyone could react, a sound of a gun’s slide being pulled, revived Mrs. Cheon off of her trance. She gaze fearfully at the sight of her husband, aiming a pistol at one of their guests. She was not ready for this day to come. The day that a gun will return to the retired sharpshooter's hand.

   “Yeobo, don't!" She shakily stood up, and hug her husband to halt him. "Please yeobo-"   “Stay out of this, Kwija-ah.” He gritted his teeth as he look daggers on the shaking target. “Are you the father?”   Turning paler was Dongwook, who was taken aback of the question and of the gun aiming at him.   “Answer me while I'm asking you nicely!"   The old man’s attention shifted to Jongkook bowing down to the floor.   “I am, abeonim.” He knows the gun was now aimed at him.   Dongwook has gone flustered, eyes widened. Not much difference from the older Cheon’s reactions.      “Y-you… You are the father?" Mr. Cheon asking coldly at the man, who’s head was still on the ground.   “Yes, abeonim. Please let me take full responsibility of your daughter and be a father to your grandchild.”   Mrs. Cheon fell down on her knees, “Yeobo, did I fail as a mother?” Mr. Cheon tried to support her but he himself had gone frail. He let go of the unloaded gun, not because he wanted to, but he felt too weak to hold it for long, surrendering h
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter