Chapter 18

My Future Mrs. Capable
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
"You didn't love her! You just didn't want to be alone. Or maybe, maybe she was good for your ego. Or, or maybe she made you feel better about your miserable life, but you didn't love her, because you don't destroy the person that you love!" -Callie (Grey's Anatomy)  

“Let me get the steak before it burns.” She could only laugh as her man excused himself out to go back inside the kitchen, leaving her alone in his greenery garden. Suddenly, all the lights gone black making her yelp in fright.

  “Omo! Eottoke! Ya~ are you okay in there?” Planning to search for the man inside, she stood and held tightly on the bench, gaining some balance in the dark. She was about to let go of the wooden furniture when a song start playing from the speakers inside. ‘My Girl’ by The Temptations.   Then there are lights. The door swung open, disclosing the man who’s taking his steps towards her. His eyes that she can’t help but to stare. “Ah- Igeo mwuh ya?” He flashes her a close-lipped smile, and thinking her man is being ridiculous again. She chuckled seeing him lip-syncing and dancing along to the tune.   “My girl~” He sang. Although a bit off tune, she likes it a lot better than the original. She was surprise when he ask for her hands, “Shall we?” inviting her to dance. She can feel her blood rising to her puffy cheeks. “Ya~ what is it this time?” she ask shyly to him as he closes their gap. Their hands holding while the other hand supports her back. Swaying her around for a jolly dance.   “This is nuts”, she said, making the man look at her intimately at a very close distance, “...but romantic.” She heard him laugh. He let her back rest on the table side, his hands on her waist. They were both looking deeply into each other’s eyes.   He look down on the ground for a bit and gaze back at her with a brave smile before speaking up. “First of all, I want to thank you for being with me for the past years. For being with me despite our busy schedules. For being a shoulder to cry on... for being a weirdo, like me, to laugh with... For being the woman that touches my heart the deepest... My sweetheart, my Jihyo... My Seong-Im...Today we celebrate our second anniversary." He paused and cupped her face, smiling in tight-lipped with excitement in his eyes. “...and I was hoping that the next will be our wedding anniversary.”   He knelt before her, held her hands and cleared his throat. “I love you, and I want to prove that as I spend the rest of my life with you...” He took out a little box from his pocket, bringing out a ring. “Cheon Seong-Im, will you marry me?”   She nodded. “Yes. I will marry you, Lee Dongwook.” They were both tearing up as he put the ring on her finger.         “You don’t know how happy I am... You’ll never regret this decision.” He leaned into her and their lips pressed together. She felt him smile on their kiss.           “Yah~ you made me cry, you pabo.” “Look, here I am, crying with you. I love you, Seong-Im.” “I love you too, Dongwook.” She closes her eyes and enjoy the warmth of his embrace.   The second she open her eyes, she’s under the bridge beside the Han River. Her fiancé was standing a meter away from her with an expression as cold as the wind, cracking her skin, “I hope this is the right decision. But I promise, I’ll be back. When I’m done with the things I needed to do. I’m sorry, but I have to leave you, Seong-Im.”   Hot fluid flowing in her eyes force her awake. Hurt and betrayed. That’s all she felt. She blankly stare at the ceiling, calming herself down from being tensed. This nightmare... Why does it have to trouble me again? Why does it have to be as vivid as before? The sound of dripping water somewhere caught her attention, taking her into a realization. Wait! This isn’t my room.   On his way back to the house, he met Seonghee who just came out from their gates, "I've been looking for you, Jongkook oppa! Do you know where Jihyo unnie is? Eomma’s looking for her."   "She told me she'll be napping in her room."   "Jinjayo? That's the last place I checked, oppa... And she's not there. So I thought she’s with you." He suddenly felt something wrong was going on.   “If I may, can I check the whole house?”   “Don’t bother, oppa. I already tried. No sign of Unnie inside.”  

 

This couldn’t be happening, she told herself and wander around the bedroom. All that she had wanted for a room can be found precisely in every corner - from the interior design to the scent of the candles. Why am I here anyway? I never told Jongkook oppa any of these.   The door cringed open and she quickly turn and stood oppositely the door's direction. She groom herself a little and smile in anticipation. Aigoo~ This oppa shouldn't have bothered.   She closes her eyes and soon felt arms roaming on her waist until it embraces her. His head rested on her shoulder.   "You had a good sleep?" Hearing his voice made her hold her breath for a moment and turn around to see a familiar figure, wearing short pants exposing his bare upper trunk in his shoulder-clung bathrobe.     She pushes him away. “W-what are you doing here?”   “This is our house. Why would I not be here?” Regardless of her reaction, he keep himself composed in front of her.   “Our house? Stop kidding me. You’re talking in riddles.”   “Don’t you like it? Well you se
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter