Chapter 16

My Future Mrs. Capable
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
"Eomma, you know how great I am in ruining any dish." Jihyo exaggerated as soon as she reached the kitchen's doorway. Remembering a sauce she didn't intend to be spicier than eating chili alone. This is for the buffet they were preparing for. And buffet means everyone in the town will get to taste their share dish. Complaining was the last thing to save her mom's cooking experty.   "My dear, you should know how to cook a real dish." When her mother said 'real', she's pertaining to cooking something from raw, and not her famous instant meals she keeps in her own house. "You're already in your 30s. How are you supposed to cook for your future family?"   "That's why I'm here eomonim. Your daughter sure needs me." A man on the far corner of the kitchen, wearing grey denim with bare chest revealed on the side of his black apron, barged in their conversation, making Jihyo's eyes widened in alarm, "Good morning, Jihyo."   "Why are you here again?", crossing her arms.   "Didn't I tell you that I'll see you tomorrow, which is technically, today," he winked at her, and went back to slicing.   Jihyo rolled her eyes. She started a lovely morning with Jongkook, but can definitely turn to a real nightmare with this man around.   "Seong-im-ah," cleaning the fish in the sink, "why are you being cold to Dongwook? Do you have some kind of argument?"   If you only know what this guy did to me, eomma, she complained in her thoughts.   "We don't, eomonim", the man answered for her. Liar. "Maybe it's because her 'boyfriend' changing her to worst."   "Don't start, Dongwook," warned Jihyo. "Why'd you even let this guy in, eomma?"   "You're being too harsh, my dear. He volunteered to help me cooking, so why would I say no to that? It's not like he's a stranger."

 

Moonie and his father were impressed of Jongkook's effortless woodcutting. They were stuck with two logs. Now they're almost done, thanks to the new member of the family.

"Wow hyung. Your muscles were no joke," Moonie blurted out his thoughts as he can no longer help it.

He elbowed his son, "My body was as fit as his when I was your age, Moonie." His son look at him jokingly in disbelief, sending the young a knuck on the head.

"Ya- Jongkook-ah, you've got a built body. Use that to protect my daughter and that she should not protect herself from those. You don't want to wake up one day without that bunch of flesh, do you?"

Jongkook stop working and look at Mr. Cheon. "Ah Abeonim... I never had thoughts of raising a fist on your daughter," he said kindly and positioned the next 'victim'.

Moonie imitated Jongkook's actions, and thought of building his body like his. "You've got to give me some tips, hyung!"

"Sure. I can list down workout know-hows for you if you want to."

"Yeah! Its great to have you here, hyung." 

 

"Yah! You guys are too noisy out there!", shouted Jihyo from the kitchen's window, followed by three men laughing at her bicker.   "Let them be, Seong-im. Hurry on that carrots." Mrs. Cheon's attending only on washing the seafood, not giving her daughter and Dongwook even a slight gaze, and letting them work on their own.   She went back with the poor carrot she just finished peeling. "You're doing it wrong. Don't hold and slice anything in vertical." He held her hand, stabilizing the knife in it.   She can feel her back in contact with the lone man in the kitchen, "You can turn on any guy with that grip." he whispered to her ear.   "Aish~! What's your problem?", she snapped away from him.   "Aniya- I was just trying to help."   "You are being moody today. You should learn from his masterly knife-manipulating skills."   "But eomma...", her mother's glare halted her from complaining. "Aish~ I really can't work here, Eomma. I'm sosorry."   "Fine, just bring this fish outside and let the men grill it. Call Seonghee for me."   As Jihyo joined the group of men outside, Mrs. Cheon moved her workplace near Dongwook.   "Be honest, Dongwook. Do you have anything against Jongkook?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter