What have I done?

The Quake Inside Me

Kai:

I squeezed my fist tight and released it. My eyes traced over the nail marks in my hand. Why did I get so angry? He's right. He didn't ask to come here. I brought him here on my own. Now he cannot leave.

What have I done?

I slid down the wall and sat down on the floor, throwing my head back against the wall with a quiet thud. 

He makes me feel like a monster. He's so delicate and I'm so quick to lose my temper. He's done nothing wrong.

I heard someone coming down the hall and put on a casual face. 

"What's up, Kai?"

I looked at Sehun and smirked. "Nothing much, just waiting for my suboordinate to get ready for today's training."

"You're giving him an awful lot of freedom; I wouldn't trust him in my room alone.", Sehun scoffed.

I narrowed my eyes at him, but quickly changed my expression to a false smirk. "I'm testing him."

I've got to teach D.O. how to earn their trust, or he will be quickly ruined.

"Whatever.", Sehun continued down the hall and I listened to his footsteps as they faded out of earshot. 

I sighed.

After an other moment of composure I stood and knocked on the door, signalling my entrance to D.O. before I turned the doorknob. I caught him wiping his tears as I entered. 

"I'm sorry I've brought you here on my own accord, but it's too late now. You must learn to adapt if you're to have any chance of staying alive. If you're dead, you won't be able to search for the dog."

"I understand."

I watched him take a few deep breaths before he turned to me and swallowed. "I'm sorry I've been unreasonable. I'll do my best to adapt as needed."

I nodded, "That's good then. We'll go out to begin today's training. I apologize that we were not able to find your dog, yesterday."

He stood and straightened his clothes before gripping my shirt sleeve. I lowered my head and concentrated on our training area. 

When I opened my eyes we were there, and his grip on my shirt loosened. I could sense his unease. "What's wrong?"

He shook his head and dusted his hands off before assuming the combat position I taught him yesterday. "Nothing, just that I think it will take me a while to get used to the whole teleportation thing."

I scoffed. 

"Like you have room to talk, Quake Boy."

He glowered at me and I smiled lightheartedly, trying to make him feel more comfortable.