Impressions

The Quake Inside Me

D.O.:

I noticed after several hours with Kai that he didn't seem to be comfortable with himself. He does nice things, but his attitude is cold. I felt warmer toward him after he cut my hair, but I still felt scared and doubtful that he would really let me look for Sun-ah. I was also frightful, not knowing what my job would be. I had been taken captive because Kai felt I was different. He's right, but he still doesn't know what I can do, yet. He has no idea that I start earthquakes and mudslides. He doesn't know that I make things grow, and that I have absolutely no control over my power. It just happens without reason or timing. 

I watched his actions as he cleaned up our dinner mess. His movements were strong and forceful, as though he has pent up strength and specific purpose for every breath he takes. Every step he took was firm, and every muscle of his arm would tense with the slightest movement. He was very good looking, with smooth skin and well groomed style. I studied the features of his face, and the muscles of his back as he buttoned his shirt, facing the bedroom door. 

"I'm going to introduce you to everyone now. Be polite, do not speak unless you are spoken to, and only give the information you are asked for, nothing more."

I nodded and we exited the room. As we walked down the hall I studied my surroundings. I was able to conclude that EXO resided in a hotel, but there were no employees or residents. It was as though they purchased the building just for their headquarters. We entered the lounge and in the lounge were 4 men. All heads turned toward us as we entered and I lowered my gaze, nervous. 

"Who's that, Kai?"

"This is my suboordinate. His name is D.O.", Kai said.

"What? What can he do?"

My insides twisted a little bit. All anyone cares about here is what I can do. What are they going to use me for?

"I won't tell you yet. It will be revealed later."

A soft mumble swirled through the room in a wave. My cheeks flushed as I felt more uncomfortable. I could feel their gazes on me, judging. They have no idea who I am. I looked up to see Chanyeol smiling at me. This made me feel at ease and I was able to stop myself from visually tensing. 

"I'm introducing him so that he can learn everyone's names and abilities.", Kai said.

"I'm Chanyeol, you already know me. I can generate and manipulate fire." I smiled back and Chanyeol. 

I could feel Kai's stare on me and my smile faded quickly.

"Baekhyun. Light." A soft-faced male looked at me hard as he introduced himself. I noted his hand clinging to Chanyeol and looked away promptly.

"I'm Sehun. I control the wind." This man had a slight lisp, but his posture told me not to take him lightly.

"Suho. I am EXO's leader. I manipulate water." I did a deep bow to Suho to show my respect. His eyes were hard and stern. "I expect you to become a contributing membor to our organization soon. I will show considerable praise for your contributions, and to Kai as well for bringing you here if you meet my expectations.

I bowed again and looked to Kai. Kai nodded and gestured for me to take a seat next to Chanyeol. I followed his direction and watched as Kai sat opposite of me next to Sehun. 

"Tomorrow I'm sending Chanyeol and Baekhyun to retrieve a package from a distributor. I need it here by noon. Sehun, I want you to accompany me on an errand. I expect that Kai and D.O will train hard tomorrow and that D.O. will be settled in and doing things our way. You will report to me his progress, Kai."

The group nodded and there was a brief pause before Suho tapped his hand on the armrest of his chair.

"Dismissed."