Chapter 5

Awkward
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I looked around the dark room that was dimly lit by the sun peeking through the curtain. I glanced at my clock beside my bed. 8:32 am

"It's so early," I mumbled to myself. Usually, I wake up around 9 but never at 8 am. Something must be wrong with me. I sit up and felt a sneeze coming my way.  "ACHOO!" I sneeze into my arm. I slowly get back into reality "Am I getting sick?" I ask myself aloud. I even sound sick.

Oh gosh... I reach over to my phone to call into work to say I'm sick and I can't make it. I wouldn't want to get anyone else sick, even if it's minor.

I dial the number and wait a few moments. "Hello?" said a female voice from the other line.

"Minhee?"

"Yes?"

"I can't come into work today. I'm feeling sick."

"That's alright. You sound sick. You should get some rest."

"I will. Thank you."

"No problem."

The call ended and I fell backwards onto my pillow. I shut my eyes to try and go back to sleep, but I just end up thinking about random thoughts that end up entering my mind.

I get out of bed on wobbly feet, giving up on any chances of sleeping. I walked into the kitchen and grabbed a clean pot. I filled it up with water and put it on the stove. I leaned onto the counter, trying to get my bearings. The room was spinning, everything seem so far yet so close at the same time. Okay, maybe it's not a minor issue.

I walked into the bathroom, using the wall to hold me up. I rummage through the medicine cabinet to try and find something to help, but there was nothing. I considered taking a shower could help, but I wouldn't want to slip and fall.

I went into the living room and laid on the couch. I snuggled up into a fetal position. It was both freezing in cold and impossibly hot. I glanced at the clock on the wall. 10 am. Wait, what? Was it not just like 8?

I got up from the couch, trying to not fall over. I made my way into the kitchen to check on the pot, hoping the water wasn't boiling over. Wishful thinking - it had been over an hour.

I turn the corner and see that the pot was perfectly still. No spillage around it. Huh?!

As I step closer to it... I realize something.

I didn't even turn on the stove.

I rolled my eyes at my complete incompetence. I the stove this time and went back to the couch.

The couch felt like a cloud. Ultra-comfy. I felt my eyelids getting heavier and heavier, slowly but surely closing. Moments before my consciousness slipped away into dreamland, there were a couple of knocks at the door. Better not be those damn girl scouts again...

I walked over to the door, leaning on the door handle for support. I opened the door and saw Jin standing there.

"Hey (Y/N)- oh shoot you don't look that well," he said, coming into the house and taking off his shoes. I gave a weak nod in return. He helped me to the couch. "Are you okay? How do you feel?"

I was about to answer, but the whistling of the pot cut me off. Jin turned his head toward

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter