Chapter 1

Awkward
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(Y/N) POV

 

"That'll be 5000 won, please." said the cashier. He smiled brightly at me as I grabbed the correct amount out of my wallet. Once I handed it over, he once again smiled saying, "Thank you! Come again!"

I grab the coffee and the doughnut, shoving the sugary snack into my large hoodie pocket. I get my phone out of my pant's back pocket and click on one of my endless playlists. I was the cute spring city-pop playlist - the perfect playlist for springtime. I take a small sip from my coffee as I try not to burn my tongue. A little bitter, but aren't we all?

As I walked down the sidewalk, my song stopped. signalling someone was calling me. I rolled my eyes, my favourite song was playing! I grab my phone from my pocket again and answer the call, not bothering to read the caller ID.

"Hello? I said into the phone.

"(Y/N)!" 

I know that voice too well...

"Yes, Jessica?" I asked. She was my best friend and she has been for the past couple of years.

"So, are you free later on? I'm bored..." Jessica asked.

"It's Saturday; of course I'm free. So what time?"

"I'll pick you up at your house around 6 pm, okay?"

"Alright, see you then!"

"Bye!"

I hang up and my song continued afterwards. I put my phone back into my pants pocket.

I shut my eyes and enjoy the calm breeze. I slowly continue walking down the sidewalk and breathe in the early-spring air. It was still a bit chilly outside so I wore my light grey sweater and jeans. I tightened my grip on my coffee and doughnut as it got colder. I brought the coffee closer to my chest hoping it would make me a bit warmer. It didn't really work...

 

*BAM!*

 

I fell backwards onto the cold, hard cement. I opened my eyes and saw a person also sitting on the cement. He looked to be a few years older than me. He had light brown hair covering his forehead. My eyes went a little bit down and I saw his brown eyes staring back into mine.

We both quickly stand up as we noticed the situation. I suddenly feel a slight burning feeling on my chest. No, not like I'm nervous, but like something's burning me.

I look down and see my coffee has been spilt all over my light grey sweater. Luckily, the doughnut was mostly unharmed (maybe a little squished), but my sweater is basically ruined. I just bought it too! I look back up and the guy that crashed into me. Something about him seemed... off. It just made everything... awkward.

"S-Sorry!" he stumbled on his words and apologized. I just sighed.

"It's fine, but you're going to have to buy me a new sweater," I said looking down at the mess he caused.

"Anything! I can get you another c-coffee if you want." he, again, seemed to stumble on his words. Was he nervous? I thought.

"Yeah, that too."

"My name's Seokjin, but please, call me Jin." he calmly said and smiled. It's the first sentence he said without stuttering. 

"My name's (Y/N)," I said, "Nice to meet you, I guess. But seriously, this is starting to stain beyond repair." I took the doughnut out of the pocket and carefully removed my stained sweater and tied it around my waist. Out of the corner of my eye, I'm quite sure he was staring at me.

"We should go to a mall nearby. They sell coffee and sweaters and anything you can think of!" he suggested. I nodded in agreement. He started walking so I followed beside him.

If this was any other stranger I just met, I would be a bit worried. But Jin seemed safe, and not like some random stranger that would lure me into a mall and murder me.

 

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter