Chapter 16

Awkward
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"So, (Y/N), should we make it official?" Kihyun asks with a confident aura.

I tilted my head in confusion, "What official?"

He laughed lightly and looked down, recomposing himself. "(Y/N), will you be my girlfriend?"

 

 

 

How the hell did I end up in this situation?

 

 

 

~2 Hours Earlier~

 

 

 

Divine singing fills the entire apartment. I slowly opened my eyes. I faintly recognized the room as Kihyun's. Didn't I fall asleep in the living room? Did he carry me to his room? I felt a light blush creep onto my cheeks. I sat up from the soft pillow, looking around for him. I saw several diplomas and certificates hanging on the wall that I hadn't noticed before, along with pictures of other sceneries and landmarks.

The sound of running water from the en suite bathroom nearly made me jump. I hadn't even noticed that the light was on, despite the door being open a crack. He began humming a random tune. Bathrooms always make singing sound a thousand times better. Not that he needs the extra acoustics. With his voice, he could be a professional singer, truly. Steam pours out moments later, and even with the gap, I couldn't see anything but the back wall. I know he started a shower, and what that means, but I stop my thoughts.

Before my mind could think about Kihyun in the shower any longer, I quietly got up out of the comfy bed, grabbing my phone on the bedside table. As quiet as a mouse, I left the room— until I crashed into the doorframe. I cursed at myself, rushing off to the living room like nothing even happened. I leaned back on the couch, getting comfortable. Maybe expensive furniture really is comfier...

"(Y/N)?"

I screamed, turning around to the voice. Kihyun stood in the hallway. The front of his hair was wet, and he carefully held a white towel around his waist. My eyes grew wide, and before I saw too much, I covered my eyes. I tried my hardest not to blush at shirtless Kihyun but I knew I was failing miserably. Even with my eyes tightly shut and covered, I could still picture him shirtless in my mind. "H-hey, Kihyun. Sorry for uh... interrupting your shower," I said, still covering my eyes.

"I, uh, that's fine— you know I'm not Medusa, right? I won't turn you to stone if you look at me." 

I slowly brought my hand off my eyes, but still had it covering my view of him, only having his head visible. I gave a weak smile. "Better?"

He laughed, his smirk almost going unnoticed. "Sure," he turned to walk away but paused, "Do you care to join me?"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

What??

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

My jaw nearly fell to the floor. I knew at that point my face was the reddest thing on the planet. "Uhm, nothankyouIshoweredyesterday."

Kihyun chuckled, "Suit yourself." This time I heard doors actually close. I'm surprised he understood half of what I said.

I sunk deeper into the couch. I put my cold hands onto my hot face, trying to not become a human tomato. Was he serious? He did laugh, so perhaps it was an elaborate ruse to make me a blushing mess. But he did seem pretty serious. It seems like something he would do. My hands quickly became warm, and I don't think my face is any less red.

I sat up, trying to find anything to distract myself from what happened. My growling stomach led me into the kitchen. I looked in his fridge. It contained more stuff than my own fridge, although that's hardly a fair comparison. I looked around; mostly top-of-the-line healthy fresh stuff. And a couple of bottles containing a dark liquid labelled Kombucha. Another weird healthy thing I presume.

I grabbed a couple of fruit and a cutting board. I searched around for a small knife and finally found one after longer than I would admit. Normally, I'd feel bad for doing such without asking, but it's payback for what happened. I'm sure he could just afford more anyways.

After cutting up the fruit, I sit at the island. The fruit is delicious. I feel some of the juices running down my face as I bite into it, but I don't mind. This is the best fruit of my life. How can he afford such marvellous things? I don't recall him delving much into the topic of work when we had dinner, just a vague answer of "business". The more I think about it, most of his answers were pretty vague. A couple of words, or a sentence or two. He mostly diverted it back onto me. I make a mental note to ask him about his job later.

These are things I'd normally ask Jessica about. Are these normal guy things? I would never know with my lack of experience, but she would know instantly. I instinctively reach for my phone to see if there are any missed messages, as she usually leaves about ten thousand. For the first time in probably years, I have zero notifications. I can actually see my wallpaper for once. I take notice of the time, 10:44 am.

I finish the fruit. I ponder for a moment whether I should have more or not, but I don't feel like cutting any more fruit. I place the used things in the sink and return to the couch.

Just as I sit down, the singing begins again. I close my eyes, listening to the angelic voice. I don't recognize the song nor the melody, but it doesn't make it any less beautiful. I'm nearly asleep when I hear the door open and him enter the room. The singing comes to a halt when he notices me. Thank god he's wearing clothes this time.

"Morning, (Y/N)." he rummages around in the kitchen. He definitely spots the missing fruit. It's an obvious gap in the fridge. But he doesn't make any comments about it. He makes a cup of coffee, eating a granola bar as he waits. When the coffee is done, he sits down beside me, gripping the mug. I see the steam rise from his cup, and for a split second, I'm reminded of the steamy shower. I shake my head, erasing the thoughts. Trying to think of anything else, I miraculously remember my mental note about his job.

"Hey Kihyun," I start, getting his attention. "So, what exactly do you do for work again?"

He seems shocked at the sudden question. He puts his coffee down after taking a sip. "Well, I, uh, can't say much, too many NDAs, but you could say I do a lot of business." he smiles, satisfied with his answer. But I'm not. NDAs? Non-disclosure agreements? 

"What kind of business?" I ask. He looks at me with a raised eyebrow, as if saying, "NDA. Cannot disclose." Right. "So if, there's stuff you can't say... then... what caaan you say? I'm good at keeping secrets." Curiosity is really going to kill the cat. 

He stops for a moment. He glances around the room while thinking of things he could disclose. "Not much actually. I just make a lot of deals with a lot of important people and companies. Sometimes I'll manage and make the deals, or my team will. I try to stay out of the spotlight most of the time."

It takes me a moment to absorb all the information. His team? Have I accidentally met a billionaire? "Interesti

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter