Chapter 4

Awkward
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

This chapter is a lot longer than expected O-e

 

Mmk happy reading ^^

_____________

 

"Bye (Y/N)!" Yuri called as I started to walk away from the café. My shift had ended a few minutes ago and I was leaving the building. I heard my stomach growl at me, reminding me to eat. I hadn't eaten breakfast or lunch today. All I had was a coffee and a few granola bars to temporarily satisfy my hunger. I look around for a place to eat anything. Hmm...

I only saw other clothing stores and office buildings. Might as well start walking.

And with that, I started to walk in a random direction in hopes I'd find someplace to eat.

 

As I was walking, I felt my phone continuously vibrate in my pants pocket. I grabbed it quickly knowing it was a call. It was an unknown number. "Hello?" I cautiously answered the call and stopped walking.

"(Y/N)! Hi, I wanted to ask you something." Oh, it was just Jin. 

"Oh. What is it?"

"Would you like to go see a movie with me at the movie theatre later on today?" He asked. I could tell just from his voice that he was nervous. Maybe he thought I'd turn him down...

"I'd love to! That movie?" I asked.

"That new horror movie," he answered.

"O-Oh! Alright." I had tripped and fallen over my own words. I just hope he didn't notice.

"We don't have to if you don't want to! I mean, there are other movies playing if you-" 

"No, it's fine. I've just... never watched a horror at a theatre before." I confessed.

"Honestly, neither have I. But I'd love to try, so why not try with you!" His words made me smile.

"Thanks. So what time does the movie start?" I asked and started walking somewhere again

"Hmm... like around 7. Pm, of course. Would that be good?" He suggested.

I check the time. 5:27 pm. "That'll work."

"Great, but I gotta go. Taehyung's begging me to play his video game with him. I'll text you when I'm on my way to pick you up!"

And with that, the call had ended. I put my phone back in my pocket and looked around for a food place.

Near the end of the street, I saw a sandwich shop. Without thinking about it, I started walking a bit faster step by step, eventually making it inside.

 

 

 

I exited the slightly busy store. Now my stomach is satisfied! I check the time again just to be sure. 5:34 pm. So, I have enough time to do go home and stuff. I start to walk back towards the cafe; from there, I can find my way back to my house.

As I walked down the familiar streets, it was surprisingly quiet. Not a single car passed by within the past 5 minutes. Strange... I thought and unconsciously picked up my pace. I then started to recognize the tall pine trees around the place. I was already on my street!   I saw my house near the end of the street. I kept the same pace I currently had. I locked my eyes onto my house. 

Multiple steps later, I ended up at my house. I struggled to find the correct key but eventually found it. I unlock my front door and open it. "Home sweet home!" I say to myself and check the time. 5:39 pm. "Alright, I have lots of time!" I cheer and take off my shoes. "Hmmm.... should I change?" I wonder and shift my weight on one foot while putting and on my hip.

"I guess I could change." I declare after thinking about it for a bit. I go into my messy room and look around for a second. "I could clean in here too." 

Dirty clothes littered the room. A single sock, along with papers covered the desk. The blankets were half on the bed and half on the floor. And somehow, my pillow was on the other side of the room. Should I be ashamed, or proud of that...

I sighed, taking out my phone. I put on a random playlist, not feeling too picky about the music. And with that, I start cleaning.

After half an hour and many songs later, my room finally look normal and clean. The clean clothes were put back into the closet where they belong, while the dirty clothes went into the basket. I pick up my phone that's still blasting some songs and check the time. 6:12 pm. "Lots of time!" I say and lie down on my tidy bed. My eyelids suddenly start to feel heavy. Before I know it, I'm off in dreamland.

 

 

 

My eyes had slowly opened. I sit up and look around. My room's clean... I cleaned it.... and...

WAIT

THE MOVIE!

I hastily stand up after realizing the situation. I notice my phone is still blasting music. I grab it off of my desk and check the time. 6:37 pm. Still time. I check the notifications - 12 unread texts from Jin and two missed calls. Thankfully, they're pretty recent so I'm assuming he's on his way. I open the messages just to be sure and I was indeed correct.

"Oh yeah, I was going to change clothes," I say and go over to my closet. I pick similar jeans to the ones I'm currently wearing, a black t-shirt, and the hoodie Jin bought me the other day. I turn to my full-sized mirror and fixed my bed-head hair. Good enough.

I grab my phone and wallet off the desk and go into the living room. I look around, seeing what else I'm missing. I scan the room, my eyes landing on my keys. Of course​​​​​​.

I jumped at the sound of a car honking outside. I quickly grab my keys off the table and rush out, locking the door behind me.

"Hey, (Y/N)!" Jin yelled from his car. I went down the steps and walke

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter