// park chanyeol

typical high school love story

Park Chanyeol was completely and irrevocably in love with Byun Baekhyun. Ever since he first laid eyes on the boy he’s wanted him. Every glance, every wide smile, everything that made up Baekhyun made Chanyeol love the older even more. There’s one issue though. Byun Baekhyun doesn’t know the boy exists. In school, Baekhyun is the star in the music department with a bunch of admirers, whereas Chanyeol is a simple football player with a few close friends. Another issue is that Chanyeol is sure Baekhyun is off limits.

Baekhyun had dated Chanyeol’s best friend Kim Jongin, for 2 months. Chanyeol was beyond pissed at Jongin because he knew how Chanyeol felt about the boy, but Jongin claimed he felt the same too. Yet he never showed him off, never treated him how he should, never even revealed the fact they were dating. Yet Baekhyun went along with it, and after they broke up, Chanyeol could see the hurt in Baekhyun’s eyes whenever Jongin or any of his friends blanked him in the hallways. It wasn’t because they didn’t like him, but Jongin had told them to, so Baekhyun would get over him quicker. That’s why Chanyeol always made sure to make his smile brighter whenever he saw Baekhyun, because he didn’t want Baekhyun to forget him, he wanted Baekhyun to know him, he wanted to make him happy again.

They were both in the same class for years but never sat together because the teacher seemed to have some kind of vendetta against them and would always place them on opposite sides of the classroom. Chanyeol hated it. However that all changed one Monday morning when the teacher announced all seating plans would be arranged to pair people who were of the same level together. Chanyeol’s heart dropped. There was no way he’d be placed with Baekhyun, Chanyeol was the lowest rank in that class whereas Baekhyun was the highest. With a sad smile, he stood up and waited for his name to be called. 

“Park Chanyeol and… Byun Baekhyun.”

Chanyeol froze. He was finally going to be with Baekhyun but how? Chanyeol moved to sit first and waited for Baekhyun to sit next to him. It took Baekhyun a while to get moving again but when he finally sat down, Chanyeol didn’t know what to say. He looked out the corner of his eye and saw that Baekhyun’s face had turned red. How cute. Chanyeol knew he had to say something to him so before his brain could stop himself he turned to face Baekhyun and tapped his shoulder. Baekhyun slowly swivelled in his chair until he could fully see his face and Chanyeol couldn’t help but grin at Baekhyun. 

“Well hello Byun Baekhyun. I guess we’re seatmates now.”