// panic

typical high school love story

Chanyeol’s freakishly long legs meant that no matter how fast Baekhyun rushed through the halls he couldn’t catch up to him. Eventually he gave up and found himself curled up in one of the stalls in the boy’s toilets, dialling Jongdae’s number. Jongdae picked up after the 4th ring, voice light and happy and Baekhyun released the sob he’d been trying to hold down.

“Baekkie baby! Where ar- wait, Baekkie are you crying? Are you okay? What happened? Where are you baby?”

Jongdae’s voice was growing more frantic throughout his bombardment of questions, Baekhyun only answering in sobs. Baekhyun could hear Jongdae talking to Kris through the phone.

“Dae, J-Jongin kissed me and, and Chanyeol s-saw. I don’t know wh-what to do!”

Baekhyun heard Jongdae curse through the phone as he told Baekhyun he’d be there in 5 minutes. Baekhyun always went to the same place when he was sad. Within 3 minutes, Baekhyun could hear a knocking on the stall.

“Baekkie baby, it’s me. Let me in.”

Baekhyun crawls to the lock and slides it across, letting Jongdae push the stall door open himself. Jongdae slid in, then shut and locked the stall door again. He slipped down the stall wall and pulled Baekhyun towards his chest. Baekhyun slid his arms around Jongdae’s neck and continued to sob, Jongdae softly whispering comforting words into his hair as he rubbed a hand along Baekhyun’s lower back, something he’s done since he was young.

“Baekkie, can you speak now? What happened?”

Baekhyun weakly lifted his head off of Jongdae’s shoulder and Jongdae could feel his heart break. Baekhyun’s red, swollen eyes looked filled with sadness, the tear tracks down his cheeks painting a distraught picture. Baekhyun clears his throat before starting, his voice a lot less shaky now.

“Jongin asked to speak to me after class so I said okay, but then he started going on about how he thought I was only hanging out with Chanyeol to get close to him, so I slapped him and called him a brat, then he pushed me against the lockers and kissed me, and I swear Dae, I swear I didn’t kiss him back, but then I heard someone at the end of the corridor and we both looked and Chanyeol was there and when I went to go after him he just shook his head and walked away, I tried to run away from him but he’s got slenderman legs and I couldn’t catch up and then I ran in here and called you and, Jongdae oh god, what do I do? What if he hates me? What if he heard Jongin? What if he thinks that I’m using him to get close to Jongin? Jongdae I don’t know what I’d do if he hated me, I like him so much and things were finally going well!”

Baekhyun catches his breath whilst Jongdae continues to rub his back. Once he’d calmed down slightly, he stared at Jongdae, eyes pleading for help. Jongdae sighed through his nose and rested his forehead against Baekhyun’s for a second. He lifts his head after a few seconds and moves his hand from Baekhyun’s back to Baekhyun’s chin, holding his face in place.

“Baek, if he did hear Jongin, he would have also heard you slapping him and calling him a brat. Really Baekhyun? Brat? You couldn’t think of anything better than a Year 8 insult? And I don’t think it’s possible for Chanyeol to hate anyone, he’s a literal ray of sunshine, he doesn’t have a hateful bone in his body. It’s going to be fine Baek, trust me okay? Now, shall we skip the rest of the day and I’ll get Kris to drive us home and we’ll have a movie night and eat junk food okay?”

Baekhyun nodded and Jongdae pulled them both up and unlocked the stall, coaxing Baekhyun out. He pulled his phone out of his pocket and dialled Kris’ number. He heard Kris’ ringtone, Jongdae’s cover of Blind by B.A.P, from outside the toilet’s door and when he pulled it open he found a sheepish Kris stood with his eyes down. Jongdae’s fixed him with a steely gaze.

“So. How much of our private conversation did you hear?” 


i felt so bad for not updating for a month so i decided to give you a small extra bit following last chapters drama! i also want to say thankyou for 1k+ reads!! it means so much to me <333
on a side note, i've written the first 4 chapters for a new taoris fic i'm starting, i'm really proud of it so i hope you guys will enjoy, the first chapter will be going up tomorrow so i hope you all read and enjoy my 2nd otp <33333
(also if you don't know what age Year 8 would be, it's 12-13)