// quick save

typical high school love story

“Did I know what, Chanyeol?”

If the ground could swallow Chanyeol whole right now that would be great. Half a minute passes and Chanyeol realises he’s still stood in front of Baekhyun, who’s waiting for an answer.

“Did you know… uh, Jongin’s boyfriend? I’ve never seen him around, I was going to ask you but you wandered off…”

Chanyeol settled for wandered instead of stormed off because he knew Baekhyun didn’t know he knew about him and Jongin. He also didn’t want Baekhyun to know that he could see his red eyes, and sniffly nose and god he wanted to cuddle him so bad right now. But he decided against it, so he settles for gripping his hands behind his back and digging his fingernails into his palms to stop himself from wiping away the single tear still rolling down Baekhyun’s cheek.

“No. I don’t know. Wouldn’t want to. He didn’t look very nice.”

Baekhyun knew he was lying. Behind Sehun’s seemingly permanent face, he could see the fear in his eyes. He knew how scared Sehun would be at that moment, but he didn’t care. He loved Jongin so much and he hated Jongin for making him feel so small. He refused to be like this any longer. It was time to move on. Jongin obviously had. Maybe he could move on with Chanyeol, he had been harbouring this secret crush for quite a while. Before he could open his mouth, Chanyeol began to speak again.

“Um, what happened to Jongdae? He followed you out but I don’t see him.”

Baekhyun knew exactly where Jongdae was. He’d come into the boys room a minute after Baekhyun and opened the stall Baekhyun was sat in and simply wrapped his arms around the shaking boy, allowing him to cry onto his shoulder. After about 5 minutes, Baekhyun had calmed down enough to tell Jongdae he’d be fine and he just needed to wash his face and he’ll come back to the table. Jongdae reluctantly agreed, and trailed slowly out of the boys room. Baekhyun had been about to step out when he heard Chanyeol walk in huffing.

“Oh he, uh, he didn’t come in here, I haven’t seen him.”

Chanyeol squints at him. He knew Jongdae would have come here, but if Baekhyun didn’t want to tell him, he didn’t have to. It wasn’t like they were dating. Unfortunately. The thought alone made Chanyeol’s heart rip a tiny bit more.

“Hey, I was wondering do you wanna come watch a movie at mine tonight? There’s an Iron Man movie marathon on tonight?”

Chanyeol jumped a bit after being drawn out of his thoughts by Baekhyun speaking. He soon processed Baekhyun’s question and his eyes widened comically. It made Baekhyun giggle a little bit.

“I, uh yeah sure! I love Iron Man!”

Chanyeol’s smile widens until his eyes are crescents and he’s pretty sure Baekhyun’s got a great view to his gums right now. He quickly reigns it in and schools his face into a more appropriate one.

“Great. I’ll see you later okay? Ooh wait actually give me your phone I need to give you my number.”

Chanyeol couldn’t believe this was happening. He’d been waiting so long for this moment, and as he scrambles to pull his phone out of his pocket, he accidentally drops it whilst handing it to Baekhyun. When he reaches down to pick it up, Baekhyun does the same thing, and as their hands accidentally meet over the phone, Chanyeol swears he feels electricity passing through his veins. Baekhyun must feel the same because he quickly pulls his hand away, whilst muttering an apology. Chanyeol picks up the phone and when he turns it over, he sees his screens cracked at the top.

“Oh my god Chanyeol, I’m so sorry, this is my fault I didn’t grab it in time.”

Baekhyun flusters, reaching over to grab Chanyeol’s hand and pulling it towards him. Chanyeol’s cheeks flame at the feel of Baekhyun’s hand on his own. Whilst Baekhyun frets over his phone, Chanyeol grabs his phone with his other hand and slips his hand around Baekhyun’s.

“It’s okay Baekhyunnie, it was my fault, I can easily get it fixed, don’t worry.”

 Chanyeol finishes the statement with his signature eye smile and he can see Baekhyun’s cheeks begin to flush. Cute is the only word that comes to Chanyeol’s mind right now. Baekhyun nods and grabs Chanyeol’s phone from his other hand and silently puts his number into it along with his name. After he does that, he rings his own phone before handing Chanyeol his now slightly broken phone. Chanyeol’s heart breaks a little more, that’s gonna cost a lot to get repaired, he mentally sighs. There goes the money he was saving for the new toy he was going to get for his pet ferret, Rodney.

“Well, I’m gonna go find Dae, I’ll text you my address, see you later Channie.”

Baekhyun shoots out the door afterwards, cheeks flaming red. Chanyeol looks down at his phone and unlocks it, searching for Baekhyun’s name. When he finds it, he grins. He saved his number under “Baekhyunnie”. Today was definitely going to end well.


hello babies, i'm finally back, and the next chapter will be chanbaek date uwu im rly looking forward to writing it!!

all of the side chapters will also be uploaded to my lj acc ( honeytaozi ) before this one bc i find it easier to write smaller ones idk :(((