// the kiss

typical high school love story

When Baekhyun woke up the next morning, the blanket was folded on the sofa and Chanyeol had left a note on the kitchen counter.

“Had to leave early, mum called.
Thanks for last night, I really enjoyed it!
We should do it again sometime!
Yeol (^▽^)”

Baekhyun slipped the note into his pocket and started to grab food from the fridge for breakfast. As he placed the fruit and yoghurt on the counter, he grabbed his phone from beside him and texted Chanyeol.

“Hey Yeollie, thanks for putting me in bed, I must have been heavy (⊃‿⊂)…
Do you wanna do this again next week? Dae never joins in now he has Kris : ((((“

Slipping the phone back into his pocket, he grabbed a spoon and moved to the sofa. Turning the tv on, he sees the credits of Iron Man 3 paused. His mind flashes back to when he’d felt himself falling asleep, he decided not to lean on Chanyeol in case it made him uncomfortable but he felt a hand press against his head and then he felt Chanyeol’s warm shoulder pressed against his cheek. He hoped Chanyeol hadn’t seen his blushing cheeks…


Chanyeol was finishing throwing everything into the tumble dryer when he felt his phone vibrate in his back pocket. Pulling it out he saw Baekhyun’s text and flushed, remembering the feather light kiss he’d pressed against Baekhyun’s forehead, he really hopes Baekhyun was a deep sleeper. His lips pull down then up again when reading through the text. He writes out a reply and slips it back into his pocket, smile stuck on his face.

“Hey Baek! You weren’t heavy at all!! You were really light, are you sure you’re eating right? ಠ_ಠ
I’m definitely down for another movie night, I’m kinda to blame for Kris and Jongdae getting together so I’m more than happy to step in!
Thor duo or Spiderman (both versions)??”

Throughout Monday and Tuesday Chanyeol and Baekhyun texted every night about all kinds of random things. Baekhyun found out Chanyeol was also a huge Marvel nerd, with a box under his bed bursting with comics. Chanyeol found out Baekhyun was a er for crime dramas, especially Criminal Minds and Bones.

Baekhyun had ended up migrating to Chanyeol’s table for lunch, it was still slightly awkward around Jongin and Sehun but Baekhyun was keeping a brave face. He was always sandwiched between Chanyeol and Jongdae, Jongdae sneaking chips from his plate and Chanyeol replacing them with one of his own.

Tao still stared at Baekhyun like he was a piece of meat but he knew it didn’t mean anything, especially as on Monday he’d seen Tao deliver the deadliest aegyo to Junmyeon so that he’d give Tao his chocolate brownie. Baekhyun had noticed Jongin staring at him during lunch times but he ignored him. Screw Jongin, Baekhyun had Chanyeol now.

On Wednesday, Baekhyun was walking out of lesson when he spotted Jongin stood outside. He wanted to quietly slip past him but Jongin had other plans as he reached out and grabbed Baekhyun’s wrist. Baekhyun tried to yank his wrist away but Jongin tightened his grip.

“Baek, for god’s sake, just give me two minutes.”

Baekhyun turned back around to stare at Jongin. His teeth were gritted but his eyes looked questioning. Baekhyun nodded and looked around to make sure there was no one else around. It was lunchtime so everyone was either on the field or in the lunch hall. He cleared his throat then tugged his arm back lightly, Jongin letting him go this time. He stared at Jongin, waiting for him to speak.

“So, you and Chanyeol huh? Never would have seen that coming. Why are you hanging around him? I know you don’t like him, you barely spoke to him before now. I know Chanyeol’s friendly but he’s really clung to you hasn’t he? Are you just using him to get close to me because I know you were a mess after I broke up with you but”

A sharp sound cracked through the air as Baekhyun’s hand connected with Jongin’s cheek.

“You horrible brat! How dare you? I was over you ages ago, I realised how much of a you were. No I’m not hanging around Chanyeol because I want to get close to you, I’m hanging around Chanyeol because he’s actually a decent human being and he isn’t afraid to show everyone that he actually likes me and wants to be my friend. I don’t know how you two ended up friends but I feel sorry for Chanyeol, I hope he realises what a brat you are!”

Baekhyun huffed before turning around to walk off. Jongin grabs at his wrist again and spins him around, shoving his back against the wall. Before Baekhyun could complain, Jongin roughly pushed his lips against Baekhyun’s. Baekhyun’s mind blanked, he wanted to get Jongin off him but his body betrayed him. When Jongin pulled away, Baekhyun just stared wide eyed at Jongin.

A shuffling noise made them both look to the left, Chanyeol’s wide eyes and open mouth coming into view. Baekhyun tried to shove Jongin off to explain to Chanyeol it was a misunderstanding but Chanyeol just shook his head and turned around walking away.

Baekhyun slipped past Jongin and quickly darted after Chanyeol.

“Chanyeol, wait! Please!”

Chanyeol kept walking, leaving Baekhyun alone in the corridor.


im so sorry that i've been gone so long!! i've been going through terrible writers block :(( but i got motivated when i saw that my fic had been asked about on yeahexofics!! my favourite tumblr acc!! thank u to whoever asked about this fic, i love u!! <3