// movie night

typical high school love story

“Baekhyunnie” does text him. 2 hours after Chanyeol had finally gotten over the shock of a possible date with his long time crush and he felt his cheeks redden as he reads the message.

Hey Channie, Baek here, just thought I’d text you my address before I forget. I live at 112 Samjjong Street, just near the new Starbucks. Maybe we could head there before the movie marathon tonight?
Baek (ノ´ヮ´)ノ*:・゚✧

Baekhyun was sat with Jongdae when he sent that text message and Chanyeol didn’t know it was actually Jongdae who wrote it, Baekhyun’s hands shaking too much to type. He read the message before Jongdae hit send and squawked at Jongdae as he’d put “movie date” demanding he changed it before sending it. Jongdae being the troll he is refused to, until Baekhyun reminded Jongdae he still had the footage of drunk Jongdae dressed in a bright pink tutu and red lipstick, courtesy of the drama department. Jongdae flushed before agreeing to change the message, sending Baekhyun a death glare. Baekhyun blew a kiss back and settles back on his chair.

During his last lesson, Baekhyun glanced at the clock and realised he’d never told Chanyeol what time to come. He debated about whether to text him or not, but didn’t trust Jongdae after last time. When the class ended, he remembered he needed to text Chanyeol, he pulled out his phone and pressed Chanyeol’s number, saved under “Channie”. As he went to press the first letter, he jolted at the feel of hands on his shoulders. He whipped around, coming face to face with someone. He recognised that signature scent clinging to the uniform and as he glanced up, he was greeted with a large eye smile.

“Hey Baekhyunnie! Are you ready to go?”

Baekhyun stared at him for a minute before snapping out of his daze.

“Um ready to go where?”

He saw Chanyeol’s grin falter and realised he was still staring at his mouth. Flushing, he moved his gaze upwards and saw Chanyeol’s puppy eyes, he felt his knees give away a bit.

“Um, to go to your house… for the movie da- night. The, uh, movie night.?”

Baekhyun noticed Chanyeol’s demeanour becoming more shy, hands fiddling with the button on his blazer, eyes choosing to look at the floor instead of Baekhyun’s face. Baekhyun’s eyes widened. Chanyeol was nervous.

“Oh yeah, I just wasn’t expecting you to come straight away.”

As soon as he said those words he wanted to shove them back into his mouth as Chanyeol deflated even more, shoulders sagging forwards.

“Oh, I’m sorry, um, if you text me when you want me round, I’ll uh, I’ll see you then.”

He went to turn around but Baekhyun grabbed his wrist before he could.

“No! I mean, it’s alright if you come round now, I’d like that…”

Baekhyun knew his cheeks were bright red but he didn’t care as he watched Chanyeol break out into a huge grin again. Baekhyun smiled back at him before signalling for Chanyeol to follow him. On the way home, they spoke about everything and anything. From super heroes, to embarrassing childhood stories – about themselves and their friends. It was like they’d known each other all their lives. They stopped off at the Starbucks near Baekhyun's house, Chanyeol ordering a cinammon latte and Baekhyun ordering a peppermint hot chocolate.

Baekhyun lived alone in a one bedroom flat on the third floor, and since the elevator was out, they dragged themselves up three flights of stairs, Chanyeol struggling to breath, and once Baekhyun had opened the door and they’d placed their shoes and bags in the corridor, they hauled themselves into the room to the left and flopped on the sofa.

“I’m pretty sure those stairs killed me. I can no longer watch Iron Man, leave me here to die quietly.”

Chanyeol continued his wheezing once he’d finished and Baekhyun just laughed at him. He was used to it. The elevator had been out of service for over a year now. But all those stairs did help give him a nice , so he wasn’t complaining.

He left Chanyeol on the sofa and went into the kitchen to start on the popcorn. He stuck the popcorn bag into the microwave and bent down to the fridge to pull out two cans of Coke. He snuck back into the living room, and pressed the cold can against a closed eyed Chanyeol’s forehead. Chanyeol let out a (manly) shriek before slinking down the sofa and onto the floor. He opened his eyes to glare at Baekhyun before taking the can from him.

The microwave pinged in the kitchen and Baekhyun floated out to grab the steaming popcorn bag. He tipped the contents into a large bowl and grabbed some other film watching snacks before heading back into the living room. He popped everything on the coffee table in front of the sofa, grabbed the remote then slinked back into the comfortable cushions. Chanyeol had repositioned himself back on the sofa and grabbed a handful of popcorn before ramming it into his mouth.

“Hey! That’s for the film. I bet you’re one of those people who eats half their cinema popcorn before the adverts are even over.”

Chanyeol just grinned at Baekhyun and shovelled another handful in his mouth. Baekhyun shook his head and turned the television on. He’d already pre-downloaded all three Iron Man films onto his hard drive so all he had to do was click a few buttons and the starting scene began playing. About halfway through Iron Man, Chanyeol shifted in his seat and moved closer to Baekhyun. Baekhyun turned his eyes towards him and raised an eyebrow.

“I’m cold, sue me. We could share body heat…”

Chanyeol smirked and raised an eyebrow back at Baekhyun. Baekhyun felt his cheeks redden as he hastily paused the film and rushed to his bedroom to grab a blanket, before rushing it back and throwing it over Chanyeol’s head. He settled back onto the sofa and un-paused the film. Chanyeol emerged from the blanket and shook it out before placing it over both of them.

Throughout the film marathon, they moved closer together until their thighs touched and Chanyeol had moved an arm around Baekhyun’s shoulders. They made snide remarks about the characters, Baekhyun slapping Chanyeol’s thigh when Chanyeol made a remark about him having a War Machine in his pants, they squealed when they knew a good action scene was coming up and cheered when Iron Man managed to save the day again.

Chanyeol turned to Baekhyun towards the end of Iron Man 3 and was about to make a sarcastic comment about Pepper, but Baekhyun had fallen asleep, head bowed forward awkwardly. Chanyeol wanted to finish the last film in the trilogy but didn’t want Baekhyun to wake up with a bad neck, so he lightly pressed a hand against Baekhyun’s head and pushed his head until it rested on Chanyeol’s shoulder. He grinned to himself before lowering the volume and continuing the film.

Once the credits for Iron Man 3 began rolling, Chanyeol turned the television off and slipped off the sofa quietly, resting Baekhyun’s head on the cushions. He walked to Baekhyun’s bedroom and slipped the duvet halfway down the bed before returning to the living room and gently picking Baekhyun up. He was light and Chanyeol found himself smiling down at the sleeping figure. He carried Baekhyun to the bedroom and placed him on the bed, pulling the duvet up to Baekhyun’s chin. He watched to see if Baekhyun woke up after being jostled about slightly, but he remained silent.

Before Chanyeol could stop himself, he lightly brushed back some of Baekhyun’s hair that had fallen in front of his eyes and pressed a feather light kiss against Baekhyun’s forehead. He quickly ran out the room, praying Baekhyun wouldn’t have woken up, rushing to the living room and settling down on the sofa for the night, long limbs awkwardly tucked onto the small sofa. As he pulled the blanket over him, he sighed to himself. Closing his eyes, he fell asleep, thoughts of Baekhyun’s fluffy hair, and soft skin invading his dreams. 


hello my lovelies, i'm finally back with another chapter of fluffy chanbaek, i hope you love it and look forward to what i have planned for these two lovebirds in the future ^ . ^