// curveball

typical high school love story

During the first lesson all Baekhyun could think about was Chanyeol’s muscular tanned arm pressed against Baekhyun’s lithe pale one. He didn’t realise that’s all Chanyeol could think about too. Even though the desk was large, with Chanyeol’s gangly limbs there was no way they couldn’t be squished against one another. They made awkward small talk just getting to know one another.

“So… how’s Jongin?”

He could feel Chanyeol tense against him. Maybe he shouldn’t have mentioned it..

“Jongin’s… fine. Why do you ask?”

. He forgot no one knew about them going out. Or so he thought.

“Well, um, I know he’s your best friend so I just wanted to get to know your friends, sorry…”

He felt Chanyeol relax against his arm. Okay he managed to cover that up fine, he just needed to not slip again. Chanyeol didn’t say anything, just grinned at him and slightly nudged his arm. They lapsed into silence after that until the end of the lesson. As the bell rang, Baekhyun gathered his notebook and placed it back in his backpack. As he turned to say goodbye to Chanyeol, he hadn’t realised Chanyeol had moved forward to ask him a question over his shoulder. When Baekhyun had turned his face was centimetres from Chanyeol’s. They remained like that for a few seconds until Chanyeol seemed to snap out of a trance and shot back.

“Um, sorry. I was, uh, just gonna ask you if, um, if you wanted to come eat lunch with me?”

Chanyeol finished his sentence with a grin. Baekhyun felt a slight blush rise to his cheeks.

“Oh, uh, yeah sure, can Jongdae come too? We only really have each other.”

Chanyeol knew who Jongdae was. He was the one of the best singers in the choir. Not as good as Baekhyun of course. No one would be as good as Baekhyun in Chanyeol’s eyes. He didn’t really like Jongdae. He was also openly gay and he knew Baekhyun and him had a very… comfortable friendship. And by comfortable he meant they couldn’t seem to keep their hands off each other. He knew he had no reason to be jealous, Jongdae had been in a relationship with the quarterback, Kris Wu, for the past 2 years and they were very happy together, but Chanyeol still didn’t like the fact Jongdae could touch Baekhyun and he couldn’t. Once again Chanyeol doesn’t speak but simply smiles and nods. They pick up their bags and both walk to the lunch hall. On the way there they stop by Jongdae’s locker so Baekhyun could grab him before he went to their usual spot of the roof. As soon as Jongdae saw Baekhyun he grinned and rushed forward to leap at Baekhyun, gathering him in a hug.

“Baekkie baby! I missed you! You didn’t come see me all weekend.”

Jongdae ends the statement with a pout. He then noticed the presence of someone else and detached himself from Baekhyun to stare at Chanyeol. His face went blank and he turned back to Baekhyun, raising his eyebrows in a “explain now. Why the hell is your crush following you like a lost puppy?” way. Baekhyun only grinned and grabbed Jongdae into a headlock, ruffling his hair.

“Dae dae honey, Channie here has invited us to go sit with them at lunch, let’s go!”

Chanyeol felt his cheeks flame at the nickname but didn’t say anything. Baekhyun didn’t seem to mind or try to take it back, and to be honest, Chanyeol kinda liked the nickname. No one had called him that before, it was something special between him and Baekhyun. He really liked that. He turned around to walk ahead and let the two best friends follow behind him. When they entered the lunch hall they felt all eyes turn to them. They didn’t think about how weird it would look with one of the most popular people in the entire school entering with two choir geeks.

Chanyeol shrugged it off, he didn’t really care for the attention, but Jongdae and Baekhyun froze, their eyes widening. They had never been ones to get any attention, only getting any after concerts when people would walk up to them starry eyed and congratulate them on a fantastic show. They quickly hurried after Chanyeol not wanting to be stuck in the spotlight anymore. Chanyeol sat in his usual spot on the table and motioned for Baekhyun and Jongdae to sit next to them. As they sat, Chanyeol’s “clique” arrived, consisting of: Yixing - the school’s main dancer, Minseok – the school’s star football player, Luhan – the school’s main soccer player and Minseok’s boyfriend, Kris – quarterback and Jongdae’s boyfriend, and Jongin…

“Oh god”, Baekhyun thought. He’d completely forgot Jongin would be sat with them. Jongin simply dumped his bag and went to get food, not even looking towards Chanyeol and failing to spot Baekhyun. Kris spotted Jongdae and quickly claimed the spot next to him, leaning in to peck his tiny boyfriend on the lips before wrapping an arm around his lithe waist. Yixing sat on the other side and was soon joined by his boyfriend, Junmyeon – the school’s main prefect. Minseok and Luhan sat together, wrapped in their own world. Tao came alone later, he was the school’s top martial artist and just seeing him chilled Baekhyun to the bone. They all sat around for a while until Tao finally spoke up.

“Yeol, who’s, uh, who’s your friend?”

They all obviously knew Jongdae so that could only mean that he was talking about Baekhyun. Baekhyun’s cheeks coloured and he avoided Tao’s eyes, missing the smirk the boy had afterwards.

“He’s my new seatmate in class. His name’s Baekhyun, but you’ll have seen him in the choir performances and stuff. He’s the talented one.”

Jongdae scoffs next to him and Kris only pressed his lips to Jongdae’s temple and rubs his waist, silently telling him to drop it.

“Well, he’s cute.”

Baekhyun chokes and looks up to stare at Tao who’s smiling… wait. He’s smiling. Like a proper smile, not his typical smirk. Baekhyun’s eyes widened and he turned his eyes back down as his cheeks coloured again. Chanyeol stiffened next to him and Baekhyun side glanced to see Chanyeol staring at Tao with a feral look in his eyes. Then Chanyeol’s eyes slide to Baekhyun’s and the looks quickly gone and replaced with a smile. Ten minutes later Jongin returns, followed by a thin guy with blonde hair and a stoic expression. Everyone seems shocked at this guy’s arrival, and Jongin simply sits down with the boy following and stares at everyone else. When his eyes meet Baekhyun, Baekhyun sees a flash of shock and something else in his eyes before he quickly looks away. Chanyeol’s the first to break the silence this time.

“Uh, Jongin who’s, uh, who’s your friend?”

Jongin turns to the stoic guy and smiles before turning back to everyone else.

“Guys, this is Sehun, and… he’s my boyfriend.”


ooooh sneaky sekai, how will baekhyun feel about this...