// byun baekhyun

typical high school love story

Byun Baekhyun was completely and irrevocably in love with Park Chanyeol. Ever since he first laid eyes on the boy he’s wanted him. Every eye twitching laugh, every clumsy incident, everything that made up Chanyeol made Baekhyun love the younger even more. There’s one issue though. Park Chanyeol doesn’t know the boy exists. In school, Chanyeol is the popular jock that everyone loves, whereas Baekhyun is the little music nerd with only a handful of friends. Another issue is that Baekhyun is sure that Chanyeol is 110% straight. He’s had numerous girlfriends throughout the years, each new relationship becoming the centre of the schools gossip for weeks. Whereas Baekhyun wasn’t exactly open about his relationships or uality. He wouldn’t deny it if you asked him if he was gay but on the other hand he didn’t exactly broadcast it for the world to know.

He’d dated boys before, one being Chanyeol’s best friend, Kim Jongin. They’d met after Jongin accidentally spilt his coffee on Baekhyun’s shirt in between lessons and offered to buy him a drink, and they’d gone from there. But their relationship wasn’t public; they mainly stuck to dark cinemas or each other’s bedrooms. It had only lasted 2 months but Baekhyun’s pretty sure Jongin couldn’t even be bothered to tell his friends judging by how they still gave him blank looks, clearly unsure about who he is. It hurt knowing he wasn’t important enough to Jongin, especially now when he gives him blank stares in the corridor compared to the warm eyes and slight smile when they had been dating. Chanyeol would give him a warm smile as he passed, but he did that with everyone.

They’d been in the same class for years but never sat together due to the stupid alphabetical seating plan, Baekhyun hated it. However all that changed one Monday morning when the teacher announced all seating plans would be arranged to pair people who were of the same level together. Baekhyun’s heart hardened. Another way him and Chanyeol wouldn’t be together. He was top of the class whereas Chanyeol spent more time asleep than taking notes. With a heavy heart he stood up waiting for his name to be called. 

“Park Chanyeol and… Byun Baekhyun." 

Baekhyun froze. He was finally placed with Chanyeol, but how? His feet moved before his brain caught up with him and he found himself sliding next to a quiet Chanyeol. Baekhyun refused to face him, face redder than Chanyeol’s freshly dyed hair. He planned to remain this way until he felt a shift next to him and someone tap his shoulder. Slowly he turned so he was face to face with a grinning Chanyeol. 

“Well hello Byun Baekhyun. I guess we’re seatmates now.”