Chapter 9

Statue

*not proofread at all. im sorry if there's any spelling mistakes lol. 

 

Taeyong gathered his things slowly as his mind wandered somewhere else. Specifically to a certain Thai boy. Taeyong doesn't understand why the other is ignoring him like he's not even there and Taeyong made sure to confront Ten about it as soon as possible. 

Taeyong nodded to himself, agreeing on what he just thought. He walked towards the classroom door, his mind still elsewhere and so he didn't manage to see a person in front of him.

"Taeyong."

The said name looked up from his thoughts, seeing Jaehyun looking at him with a smile on his face. 

"Hey Jaehyun. What are you doing here?" 

Jaehyun's eyes crinkled when he smiled again and Taeyong figured that that might be his favorite thing about the other. How his smile can make someone feel nice. 

"I wanted to pick you up from class," Jaehyun said. "...and I would also like to invite you for a small gathering later at my house. It's my birthday today." 

Taeyong's eyes widened. "Oh my god Jae? You didn't tell me! I don't have a gift prepared for you. I'm so sorry." Taeyong looked down on his feet in embarassment. "I would like to come but I feel weird. I probably don't know anyone there and I don't have a gift."

Jaehyun only laughed. "Tae, don't worry. I don't care if you don't have anything for me, your presence there is enough.  Plus, there's not much people. Only Mark, Yuta and...Ten if he is coming. Like I said, it's not a big party. Only a small gathering between friends. I'll celebrate with the family tomorrow. "

Taeyong bit his lip, unsure. "I don't know, Jae." 

I don't know if it's smart to go when Ten is also coming.

"Come on Taeyong, I promise it'll be fun! Please go? It's my birthday." Jaehyun pouted, making Taeyong give his decision a bit more thought. 

Sighing, Taeyong could only nod his head in agreement, putting a very bright smile on Jaehyun's face. 

"Great! Now let's go." Jaehyun dragged Taeyong away from the classroom, his smile never leaving his eyes.

When the two reached Jaehyun's house. Taeyong was in awe. The 'house' that Jaehyun had said was bigger than Taeyong would have thought. The building in front of him looks furnished from the outside and Taeyong could only wonder what it looks like inside. The house looked spacious due to the large amount of land and Taeyong even spotted a swimming pool on the side. 

"Your eyes are glittery. Does my house look that good in your eyes?" Jaehyun joked as he parked his car on the side.

"You have such a beautiful house, Jae." Taeyong complimented. 

"Thanks but you should see Ten's. That guy has a house double this size." 

Taeyong gulped at the mention of the name. He can feel this weird feeling in the pit of his stomach and he's not sure what it is. 

"So, let's go?" Jaehyun asked, getting his seat belt off, along with Taeyong's. 

When Taeyong entered the house, he felt his mouth gape open at how beautiful it looked. If the outside looks spacious, the inside looks beautifully appointed, with everything decorated well. 

"Tae, close your mouth." Jaehyun joked on the side as he took Taeyong's hand and led them to the kitchen.

"Yah, don't make fun of me." Taeyong pouted. "Can't help it. If I have a house like this, I would never want to go anywhere else."

Jaehyun chuckled and before he can reply, a sudden voice interrupted them.

"Hey the birthday boy is here! Jung Jaehyun get your here, we've been waiting for you for hours!" Yuta complained as he ate on the kitchen table with Mark, munching on a fried chicken. 

"Hyung, can't believe your guests got here first than the actual party host." Mark teased, his eyes trailing on Taeyong. "Oh, you brought Taeyong!" he eyed Jaehyun suspiciously "Dude, Ten will be so pissed..." 

Jaehyun narrowed his eyes, threateningly. "Shut up Mark. It's my party I can invite whoever I want." 

Yuta snickered. "Bro, you invited like four people? Where them chicks at?!" 

Jaehyun shook his head. "Damn it why am I friends with you guys?" Jaehyun's gaze landed on Taeyong. "And if Ten has a problem with Taeyong being here, he can go." 

"Wow, I thought we were best friends, hyung." A cold voice suddenly spoke from behind them. 

Taeyong's mouth gaped open as he took sight of Ten wearing a simple black polo, his hair covering his hazelnut eyes. Even though the Thai boy is only wearing a simple polo, he didn't fail to take Taeyong's breath away.

"Ten bro!" Yuta greeted nervously, standing up to approach Ten. "Come, let's eat okay? No fighting with the birthday boy."

"I didn't know you'd come!" Mark added on the side. 

Ten smirked, his gaze staying at Jaehyun, both of them staring at each other with tension. "I wouldn't miss his birthday for anything else. After all, he's my best friend." 

The words floated in the air, with no one knowing how to answer. Taeyong can feel that the tension is because of him. He shouldn't have came here. It's obvious that there's something unspoken between the three of them and yet, no one dared to confront the others. He felt guilt gnawing inside him even though he doesn't know why they're fighting in the first place. All Taeyong knows is that  he is the main source of the fight. 

And that's enough to make him feel bad about making the two fight. 

Taeyong cleared his throat. "J-jaehyun... I don't think coming here is right. I think I should go..." 

Everyone's attention shifted to Taeyong as he stood there uncomfortably. Ten smirked. "Why are you leaving? Do I make you nervous too much?" 

Jaehyun narrowed his eyes. "Don't start, Ten." he warned before looking at Taeyong. "No Tae. You stay, if there's anyone who should go I think it's him." Jaehyun pointed towards Ten's way, making Taeyong's eyes widened. 

"No, Jaehyun. I can't let you two ruin your friendship because of me. I'm not worth it." Taeyong spoke, his voice low as he turned towards Jaehyun. "Happy birthday Jaehyun. I'm sorry."  

And before anyone could say anything else, Taeyong turned away from them, unconscious to the tears that are threatening to fall from his eyes.

"Taeyong, wait!" 

Taeyong didn't turn around at the sound of his name being called and kept walking towards the door. Suddenly, Taeyong felt his arm being pulled, causing him to face Jaehyun who is frowning. 

"You're going home? Come on, Tae. At least let me drive you home." Jaehyun demanded, still holding onto Taeyong's arm.

Taeyong shook his head, glancing behind Jaehyun, only to see Ten looking at them with a dark expression. "No, you don't have to. I'll take a taxi or something. It's your birthday, spend it with your friends."

"What if I want to spend it with you?" Jaehyun asked bravely, his voice loud and clear.

Taeyong widened his eyes and felt his heart beat quicker as he stole a glance towards Ten and realized that the other might have heard it with the way the Thai boy suddenly gritting his teeth, jaw hardening, his eyes fixed on Taeyong. 

"Jaehyun..." Taeyong mumbled. "Stop saying things like that." Taeyong pleaded, his voice barely a whisper. 

"Why, Taeyong?" Jaehyun said, his expression wanly. "Why can't I?"

"Because..." 

"You know how I feel for you, Taeyong. I already voiced it out to you but why do you keep setting my feelings aside?" Jaehyun asked sullenly. "Tell me, Taeyong. Tell me right now. Can you return my feelings? Or is there someone else?" 

Taeyong gulped. "Jaehyun I don't think this is the right place to talk about this..." 

Jaehyun shook his head. "You're right. I'm sorry." he sighed. "I'll drive you home Tae, come on." 

Before Taeyong could open his mouth to answer, another voice beat him to it. 

"No, I'll drive him home." Ten interrupted, his voice expressionless.

Jaehyun spared Ten a look, frowning. "No Ten. I don't trust you with him. I'll drive him home." Jaehyun's brows suddenly furrowed in confusion. "Why do you suddenly want to drive him home? I thought you were mad at him."

"None of your goddamn business." Ten spat. "I'll drive Taeyong home."

"No, I'll dri-" Jaehyun's sentence was cut off short when another voice interrupted them.

"Yah! You both shut up!" Yuta shouted on the side. "I'll drive Taeyong home! So you two have nothing to fight about anymore." he glared towards Ten and Jaehyun's way, stomping towards Taeyong with big steps, with Mark peeking behind the kitchen. 

Taeyong's eyes widened. Why did the three of them suddenly fought over who was in charge of driving him home? Taeyong doesn't see why this is such a big deal and yet it is. 

"Taeyong, let's go." Yuta called to him, pulling Taeyong's arm with him. "Leave those two idiots behind." 

Before any of them could respond, Taeyong allowed himself to be dragged by Yuta and he tried hard not to turn around to give Ten a glance and it took all his energy not to. Though he knows that the other is staring at him from behind and that thought makes Taeyong feel all giddy inside. And the most frustrating thing is, he doesn't understand why he's feeling all these emotions whenever it comes to Ten. 

All he wishes right now is for these emotions to leave him alone.

--

It was almost eleven in the evening and Taeyong had been staring at the ceiling in his room, laying on his bed for almost an hour. He glances at the notes scattered on his desk table, laughing dryly in his mind because he should actually be studying right now but he chose to do nothing except to let his mind wander. 

These days, Ten had been invading his thoughts which frustrate Taeyong a lot. He shouldn't be thinking so much about someone who does not give a damn about him and here he is, doing the exact thing. 

Taeyong frowned, ruffling his brown hair in frustration. 

Since when did I care about Ten this much? 

Before Taeyong could let his mind wander again, his phone rang on his side, startling him in the process. He sighs before picking it up, not looking at the caller.

"Hello?" 

A moment of silence. 

Taeyong grew impatient. "Yah, who is this?" 

The line was still except for the sound of soft breathing coming the other line. Taeyong frowned. "Whoever you are, speak already. You're wasting my ti-"

"Taeyong..." 

The voice made Taeyong freeze in his spot. He felt his heart suddenly beat faster under his chest and all of a sudden, he doesn't know what to do. 

"Ten?" Taeyong squeaked and mentally pinched himself for sounding this way. 

Silence. 

Until Taeyong heard Ten's voice again. 

"I miss you..." Ten spoke in a low voice.

.

Taeyong widened his eyes at the sudden confession. He felt that his mind only became a bundle of mess and everything became more confusing. He felt his heart twitch excitedly inside and he felt that all the drained energy came back as soon as Ten said those words to Taeyong.

Taeyong sat there, speechless. Before he could answer the Thai boy back, Ten already hang up on him, making Taeyong's mouth gape open in surprise. 

So that's it? He called only to say I miss you? What is wrong with him? 

All these thoughts ran through Taeyong's mind, not realizing the smile that broke out of his face. 

He then decided to have a talk with Ten as soon as possible.

---

 

As soon as Taeyong reached the school, he didn't waste any time to approach Ten who's busy flirting towards the girl he was with the last time. The scene only made Taeyong become more furious. First, Ten told him not to text Jaehyun when he's around (which only means he doesn't want Jaehyun around him, right?). Secondly, Ten called him last night saying that he misses him. And now Taeyong finds the other still flirting with this clown? 

"Yah Ten Ezekiel Ty!" 

The sudden outburst from Taeyong made the other students turn to him in confusion, including Ten who's smile immediately faltered at seeing Taeyong approaching him.

Ten's brow raised. "What do you want?" 

Taeyong placed his hand on his hip firmly as he stared at the girl beside Ten, his brows raised in challenge. "I'll tell you what I want when she's gone." Taeyong said giving the girl a head to toe look, his face scrunched in disgust. "Do you need a part-time job?" Taeyong asked the girl.  You should apply as a clown, considering the large amount of make up on your face. Don't worry, I can recommend you to someone." 

Ten pressed his lips in a thin line as he tried to stop himself from letting out a laugh while the girl clutched her chest, offended. 

"What the hell?! How dare you say those things to me?" she glanced at Ten, furious. "Ten, who the hell is this?!" 

Ten gave Taeyong a look before answering. "Jirin, can you please go? I'll see you later." 

The girl's eyes widened in surprise. "What? You're asking me to go?"

Ten sighs. "Damn this." 

And before any of them can say anything, Ten reached for Taeyong's arm, dragging the other out of the classroom and into his car. Before Taeyong can process what's happening, Ten already pushed him in the passenger's seat, quickly going to the other side.

As soon as Ten was inside of his car, Taeyong punched the Thai boy on the shoulder, making Ten yelp in pain. 

"What the , Taeyong?!" Ten rubbed the part where Taeyong had just hit him, his face scrunched in pain. "What was that for?!"

"For being a jerk." Taeyong simply answered, looking straight ahead. 

Ten's mouth hang open in surprise. "What? I'm a jerk?" Ten's jaw hardened. "Out of the both of us, I think I can say that you're the jerk."

Taeyong narrowed his eyes. "How the hell did I become the jerk? You were the one who was ignoring me for days for no goddamn reason!"

"No goddamn reason?" Ten snickered. "Wow, I'm so damn surprised on how dense you can be."

"I don't understand..." Taeyong shook his head as he stared at Ten who was gripping the steering wheel tightly, his fists turning white. They sat there inside Ten's car for minutes, no one daring to try breaking the tense silence between them. It was only when the sun is starting to set when Ten opened his mouth to speak. 

"How did it feel?" The sudden question took Taeyong off guard, making him face Ten with question in his eyes. Ten's voice sounded so small like he was afraid to hear the answer to his question. The question hang in the tension air until Ten slowly turned towards Taeyong, his eyes blank with no emotions. 

"How did it feel, Taeyong?" Ten gritted his teeth, his voice cold. "How did it feel to have his lips against yours?" 

Taeyong's eyes widened. What the hell was Ten talking about? He doesn't get what the other just asked. Taeyong never kissed anyone as far as he can remember and even if he did, why does it matter so much to Ten? 

"What the hell, Ten?" 

Ten let out a dry laugh. " Taeyong. You suddenly don't remember how Jaehyun kissed you?" Ten closed his eyes. "Damn it, what are you doing to me?"

"Is this why you were ignoring me?" Taeyong asked. "You thought Jaehyun and I kissed?" 

Ten's jaw hardened. "It's pathetic, alright. For feeling this way. For feeling so much pain just to imagine you with someone else that's not me. , I swear Taeyong. You're like a curse and a blessing at the same time. It feels so good to love you but at the same time, it hurts." Ten spared Taeyong a look, his eyes reflects desperation and pain. "It hurts so damn much."

"Y-you love me?" Taeyong whispered so quietly that he was not sure if Ten even heard him. 

"I do. , I never would have thought I would feel this." Ten chuckled. 

Taeyong frowned. "Stop making jokes about this Ten. It's not funny. Please." 

Ten's brows furrowed. "You think I'm joking? Damn it Taeyong you and I both know otherwise." Ten took Taeyong's hand and interlaced their fingers gently. "I love you Taeyong and please, don't ever doubt my love for you. You've got my heart beating only for you, baby. Only for you." Ten's eyes swelled with tears at the last words and Taeyong can't help but to feel this gnawing pain in his chest at seeing Ten crying in front of him. 

"I'll fight against any guy who would make a move on you if I have to, Taeyong. I won't let Jaehyun or anyone else stop me anymore. You've already got my mind and soul, baby. Let's get even." 

 

 

 


lol sorry for the long wait guys! thankfully im back on track lol. idk where this story is going anymore tbh hahaa cause ive been putting all my attention to my other yutae story.. idk lets see, im thinking of ending this story soon bc i have this new story in draft and im excited to share it with yall. (still not sure about the ship tho, what do u guys think?) it has a hint of mystery to it bc ive been wanting to try that genre for quite some time. 

anyway, im sure y'all have seen nct 127 limitless comeback?!! IT WAS LITTTTTT

haha anyway see yall next chapter!! thank u for reading :)