Chapter 5

Statue

It's their third class before lunch and Ten is already sweating due to playing basketball under the sun outside for gym class. The basketball court is filled with people cheering for either Ten, Mark, Jaehyun and Yuta. Ten, not minding the people surrounding them, passed the ball to his teammate, Mark and the younger swiftly did a layup and shot the ball. 

All the people supporting Mark and Ten's team cheered. Yuta and Jaehyun, who is in the opposite team didn't mind the gaining points as they have no interest in winning anyway. However,Ten's face screams that this is business. He needs to win even though it's just a game. All because a certain someone is sitting not too far away from the court. 

When Ten was defending a player in the opposite team, he managed to get the ball from the guy and ran quickly at the basket and shooting a three. 

Many girls cheered. "Go Ten!"

"Ten, you're so hot! Be mine!" 

Ten smirked and looked at where Taeyong was sitting on the bleachers. He winked and Ten saw how Taeyong rolled his eyes. Ten laughed and continued to show off his skills to the younger. 

After another fifteen minutes, the bell rang indicating it's lunch time. Ten, who's sweating from head to toe walked over to where his water bottle and towel are, wiping the sweat on his body.

"Bro, you scored half the points for our team!" Mark highfived him, still trying to catch his breath. 

Ten smirked and shrugged. "What can I say? I'm motivated today." He quickly stole a glance at Taeyong and saw that the other is talking to Yuta. 

Ten saw how their faces are serious as if they're talking about something they don't want others to hear. 

Feeling annoyed, Ten walked over to the two leaving Mark talking to himself. 

"-Don't get too close to him Taeyong, I swea-" Yuta stopped talking when he notices Ten nearby. 

Yuta quickly flashed a smile. "Dude, what're you doing here? Man, the game. You were unstoppable!" 

Ten scoffed. "Of course. All because he's watching." He looked at Taeyong who looked away. 

Ten looked back at his friend. "What were you guys talking about?"

Yuta scratched the back of his head and threw an embarrassed smile at Ten. "I was just telling your crush here to take it slow with you," Ten rolled his eyes. "Since this is the first time you showed someone your undivided attention, I don't want you to get hurt bro." 

Yuta clapped Ten's back before walking away but not before giving Taeyong a look. He ran to where Jaehyun and Mark is, the three going in the school to change. 

Ten looked back at Taeyong and smiled. The two were enveloped with an awkward silence and Ten noticed how Taeyong seems to be not paying attention to his presence. 

Ten cleared his throat, finally getting Taeyong's attention. "So, hey?"

"Hi." Taeyong replied. 

"It's lunch, do you wanna eat?" He sat beside Taeyong and Ten felt how the other stiffened to the closeness. Ten moved away a bit, biting his lip. 

Taeyong nodded. "Okay, but where?" 

Ten smiled. "Let's just eat under the tree over there," he pointed at a cherry blossom tree standing not too far away , its branches swaying with the wind. "I want you to be able to only pay attention to me." 

Taeyong huffed. "Whatever you say." he walked over to the tree, leaning his head on the trunk. "Get pizza." 

"Come with me," Ten looked at the other with puppy eyes. 

Taeyong cracked a smile which immediately faded but Ten caught that.

With widened eyes, he pointed at Taeyong. "You smiled! I made you smile!" 

Taeyong stood up and walked over to where Ten is. "Let's just go, Ten." 

"You said my name too!" Ten held Taeyong's hand, surprising the other. "This day is full of surprises." 

As they walked over to the cafeteria to buy pizza, Taeyong can't help but to look at his hand, intertwined with Ten's. For some reason, he felt his his stomach churn in a weird way. 

This time not in disgust. 

--

When they entered the cafeteria, the usual loudness of the people eating there has been gone. As Ten and Taeyong walked hand in hand together, the people looked at them with wide eyes. 

People are murmuring to each other, glancing at the two and wondering what really is the relationship between them. Ten just shook his head and secretly smiled because hell, Taeyong didn't let go of his hand and they're walking together, holding each other's hand. 

When the two finally bought their food, with Ten being a gentleman and paid for the both of them, Ten heard his friends calling him. 

With a frown, he walked over to where his friends are eating, with Taeyong following behind. 

"Ten, my man! Finally getting the man of your dreams?" Mark teased. 

"Mark shut the hell up." Ten glared. 

"Hey Taeyong!" Jaehyun greeted at the other which Taeyong replied with a small smile. 

"Hey Jaehyun."

"Where are you two gonna eat?" Yuta asked, his eyes trailing at Taeyong's face. "Come on, eat with us." 

Ten shook his head. "Were eating outside guys." he took Taeyong's hand again, causing him surprised looks from his friends.

"See you idiots around."

--

Once they're out of the school and heading toward the field, Ten was greeted by a bunch of his ex girlfriends along the way, earning him a glare from Taeyong.

"Ten, why aren't you calling me no more?" a girl said after approaching them. "I missed you,Tennie~" 

", stop calling me that." Ten said walking away, his hand still holding Taeyong's.

"Tennie?" Taeyong asked when they finally sat down under the cherry blossom tree. "Are you for real?"

"What?" Ten asked, biting his pizza. 

"How many girls have you even dated?" Taeyong asked, and Ten noticed the annoyed aura from the other. "Tss, such a womanizer."

"That was before Taeyong... I changed now," Ten threw Taeyong a teasing smile. "I've only got heart eyes for you, baby." 

"Stop calling me that. I'm not one of your girlfriends, Ten."

Ten frowned when he noticed Taeyong wasn't eating his pizza.."Yah, why aren't you eating?" he scolded. "See that's why you're so bony, eat Taeyong."

"My appetite has gone." Taeyong answered.

"Come on, you're gonna get hungry during your classes for sure." Ten took a slice of pizza and placed it near Taeyong's mouth. Taeyong glared at the other before taking a bite. 

Ten grinned. "You only want me to feed you, hm?"  

Taeyong smacked the other's hand away. " No, I don't. Stop being so assuming."

"I can't help it baby, when you look so hot with that piercing stare of yours."

--

"You don't have to walk me in class, Ten!" Taeyong tried pushing the older away but failed miserably. He thought that he should really join the gym sometimes.

"I do, if I want you to fall for me." Ten smirked, his hand encircling over Taeyong's shoulder. 

"Just go, Ten. Stop treating me like a girl." Taeyong pushed the other's hand away. 

As they continued to bicker on the way to Taeyong's history class, they finally reached the room and as Taeyong was about to go in, Ten stopped him and held his arm. 

"Wait for me here after class, I'll drive you home." he then quickly pecked Taeyong's forehead and walked away as if nothing happened, leaving Taeyong with a heart beating rapidly and  a pair of eyes watching their every move. 

 

END OF CHAPTER 5

--

A/N; Hello! Just wanna thank everyone for subscribing, commenting and for the few upvotes! I love reading your lovely comments because it gives me the motivation to write. Anyway, just letting y'all know that get ready for the upcoming chapters because THE PLOT IM THINKING IS ENOUGH TO MAKE ME EXCITED. 

Get ready!! 

Another note.... I'm leaving for Edmonton for a band trip today and I'm staying there for a week so the next update will probably take longer. I Apologize. :( 

That's all guys! Thank you all for reading! :)